• 21 posts
  • Guild Tag:[JFK]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:50 PM

The tl;dr bit:
'Just For Kicks'
based in Desolation
forum: justforkicks.agoodsitebetter.com/forum
[JFK] is a guild for the over-18's and those who are 18 at heart!
... Casual ... PvX ... 18+ ... levelling ... WvW ... Social ... ;)
Contact for invite: Mumm.5274 or Ced.7039

Want to know more? Read on...

We live in a drama free bubble! Respect the Bubble!!

About you?
As there can be some adult humour and language at times, we ask that prospective members be over 18! :)  We have no upper age limit :D
We don't mind if you're a necro or a thief. Or both on the same day. (But not irl please. That would just be weird even by our standards!) We believe in the 'recruit the player, not the class' rule. Erm, is that a 'rule' or an ideal? Anyway, we believe in it...
On the subject of rules, we don't have many. Maybe not any. We have common sense. And we have 'guidelines' or 'suggestions' for things which can be unclear, like gbank policy. (ie- we don't think people should take something from the gbank to sell on TP, but if you can use it, take it!)
We don't care if you've never played an MMO before! In fact, we're happy to help you learn the ropes.
We don't care how fast or slow you level.
It's fine if you don't have much game-time, or if you're irregular (tried a higher fibre diet?)!
You will need a middling-to-high sense of humour.
And Guild Wars 2.
Obviously.
I might even make that our first Membership Requirement Rule.

It's a conspiracy!
Our plan is simply to have fun playing the game with a bunch of friends!
We don't get neurotic about skill, or tweaking to get an extra 0.05% damage! It's a game! If we're all enjoying ourselves, then everything is A.O.K!
We intend to cover all aspects of the game while having a laugh in gchat and Mumble.

A bit about us:
The founder members of the guild are a bunch of friends who came to GW2 together! We range in age from 18 to 40+, but we're mostly just big kids! We've since found some great new friends in GW2 and are always happy to find more!!
We believe in quality over quantity! We want to end up with a guild of mates. We don't want a guild with 300 members, 250 who are inactive, and the rest who never even say hello, who are drama llamas or who have personality clashes with other members etc!!

How to join:
You can throw a post in here or in our forum (recruitment thread: http://justforkicks....x.php/topic,14 ), or catch up with me in-game for an invitation or just to chat  Posted Image
We don't do 'interviews' - this is a game, not a job!
If you have any questions you'd like to ask to help you make up your mind, feel free to ask! The best way to find out if JFK is for you is to hop aboard and see if we all get along!
Hope to chat to you soon!

~ Mumm.5274

Posted Image

Join us awhile and see if Just for Kicks is your Home!

Edited by Mumm, 02 February 2013 - 04:37 PM.

#2 Mumm

Mumm

Fahrar Cub

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:39 PM

I was wondering how to 'bump' this thread. I was going to tell you how we've found some really nice new members, and reiterate that we don't mind if you work strange shift patterns or have never played an MMO before etc. Then I thought that maybe I'd tell you how we're getting along with our levelling, and how we're planning to start a set of toons to run together-only from zero to eighty!
But then it came to me...!!
I present to you .... (drum roll from our resident drummer please...!) .... a laugh at my expense the all-new 'Mumms confession time!'

Somehow I managed to post the original thread with the wrong username! Not just one number out or something easily-done like that, ooooh no... the entire name was wrong!! And it's not even like it was close! (I put Ruth instead of Mumm! But all my usernames for the past 10+ years have been Mumm, or at the very closest, Mumm Ruth!) I'd like to say I can't believe I did it, but I totally CAN!! =D
Upon discovery, my reaction went something like this: o.o ... O.O ... :o ... .... :D HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

This shows
a:- why 'blonde moments' in Just for Kicks are often called 'Mumm moments' :P
and b:- how smart the newcomers to the gang are, for managing to find me in-game despite this major flaw in the invite process!! =)

To join us, and enjoy more laughs at my expense, follow the instructions in the original post. They're correct now...!
   ~ Mumm.5274

Posted Image

Edited by Mumm, 25 January 2013 - 05:23 AM.

#3 Mumm

Mumm

Fahrar Cub

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:17 PM

Hello and a warm welcome to The Weekly Bump.

Wait, what!? No, that sounds like a pregnancy show!

Hang on a moment though, it could work because I AM expecting... just not what you might be expecting me to be expecting.
I'm expecting a shiny new desktop. Oh yeeeeeah!

I can't deny it: almost the entire reason for this huge outlaying of cash-monies is GW2! I'm currently on a laptop, and while it's a very nice laptop, and has served me well, it isn't able to cope with big events :( Something's gotta change! So anticipation is running high as I wait to be able to finally get my baby ordered and on the way!

In the meantime the guild is chillin', and our new members are settling in nicely! We have a quiet week ahead, with some of our number away or on restricted game-hours for a wide variety of Life reasons! The rest of us will be getting Mumble set up (we just moved over from Vent!), and enjoying the calm before the storm: once my new computer arrives, we'll be storming all over the place en masse and having a blast!! :D

If you'd like to jump in with us, we always welcome laid back, friendly, cheery members!
If you have any questions, you're welcome to ask them; if not you can just give me a shout and I'll fire you off an invitation. Why not ...

... give JFK a shot!!

(see whut I did thar!?)

Edited by Mumm, 20 December 2012 - 06:19 AM.

#4 Mumm

Mumm

Fahrar Cub

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:42 AM

It seems only fair to warn potential Just for Kicks Mumblers ...

Posted Image

BWAHAHAAAAA!!!!

(Apologies... it's so true that I couldn't resist it!! :D)

Edited by Mumm, 22 October 2012 - 11:42 AM.

#5 Mumm

Mumm

Fahrar Cub

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

Are you looking for a guild to call Home? Call us what you like, just call us!

Drop me a mail/whisper in-game for a chat about Just For Kicks, or muster your courage, ask for a blind date and I'll fire you off an invitation! (NB: 'blindness' not an actual requirement)

Dawning of a New Era!

(Not just a Specials track!) Just For Kicks continues to go from strength to strength, and with my new computer now fully functional, and a new Officer appointed by popular choice, JFK has Things Planned... oh yes! All kinds of Things!

JFK intends to continue growing our gang of mates and having a laugh together!
We don't do min-maxing, we don't do 'come to the bank for inspection' and we DON'T do "you're doing it rong..."!
We DO do 'sense of humour', we DO 'mates', (Hurr hurr)  and, yea, we do 'innuendo...'! ;)

Now, enough of this nonsense... I have a new computer to drool on!! Come and chat in-game and/or Mumble :D

#6 Mumm

Mumm

Fahrar Cub

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

(from "Scarlett") "Seen you guys around. You look like you have a lot of fun..."

Hey Scarlett! We do have a laugh, yea :) You grouped with a few of us in Cursed Shore the other evening, didn't you? You're welcome to run with us anytime you see us around! Join us in Mumble too if you like - so much less likely to die while trying to chat then lol :)

Edited by Mumm, 15 December 2012 - 04:35 AM.

#7 Mumm

Mumm

Fahrar Cub

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:40 AM

Yes, we're still here!!

Feeling lonesome this Festive Season? Looking for some relaxed company, with no pressure to do anything you don't want to? Come and hang out with our little gang of miscreants lunatics friends. No references or interview required, just a healthy sense of humour and a 10g donation a cheery nature :)

#8 Mumm

Mumm

Fahrar Cub

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:05 AM

Well, the Wintersday Festival is finally over and Tixx has packed up and left! I hope you got enough stuffing etc and a good selection of Special Toys to play with throughout the year!? ;)  (I ended up 50 glue short of a full set of toys, but as I've been a sandwich short of a picnic for a long time, I can handle it!! :D)

#9 Mumm

Mumm

Fahrar Cub

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:23 AM

This week's lesson: The JFK.

Classification:
  Class: Mammalia
  Order: Gameria
  Genus: Guildae Memberia
  Species: JFK

The JFK is a little-studied mammal of the genus Guildae Memberia. There are several distinct sub-species, such as the 'JFK Charr' and the 'Asuran JFK', but these are believed to have only physical differences: early studies suggest that behavioural characteristics are the same throughout.

JFK range all over Tyria, sometimes travelling vast distances per day as they forage and gather. They collect not only food but other materials, although scientists are not entirely sure if these are used in nesting, mating rituals or for some other purpose at this stage.

They are most often found in groups of up to 5 individuals: these can include a variety of ages, which are known as 'levels' in the Gameria order.
Older, or 'higher level', JFK can be very aggressive in the presence of young, and indeed, on the whole they do not tolerate other species well and will usually attack on sight. In stark contrast to this, all JFK are noted to exhibit altruistic behaviour within their group and among others of their Genus, (ie: the 'Lesser Spotted TGG').

Higher level JFK are very often found among large herds of Guildae Memberia in places such as Orr. These gatherings are especially dangerous, with stampedes and casualties all-too-common. All other creatures encountered by these large, roving herds are slaughtered indiscriminately, and resources in the area are stripped bare! The purpose of such huge congregations is not yet known. It is extremely rare to find any much younger individuals among these gatherings, and indeed it would be extremely hazardous for them.

JFK are very social, and tend to seek out one anothers company, although they can also be seen foraging alone on occasion. They are believed to communicate using visual cues and some kind of mumbling.

Much more study is needed to understand these fascinating creatures, and keen researchers are always needed. If you are interested, please contact one of our Field Research Managers: Mumm.5274 or Ced.7039

Edited by Mumm, 02 February 2013 - 04:39 PM.

#10 Mumm

Mumm

Fahrar Cub

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:31 AM

Chapter #632, in which JFK begin running "The Levelling Gang".

"Well," said Mumm, "I promised you all a levelling gang, and I think now is the time to start thinking about planning to think about putting it together!"
"What the chit!?" said Abz. "Did that even make sense!?"
Ced looked lost. "Why the hell are you writing like that?" he asked.
"Listen, you two," growled Mumm, "you try coming up with entertaining and original posts every darn week! It's not easy you know!"
"Stop yer moaning, Ced!" Drew remarked.
Ced made a squeaky noise that sounded oddly like 'm-mi-mi-mi-mi'!
"Where the heck am I?" cried Immy.
Mumm facepalmed. "Oh my gaaaaawd, can we just get on with the post please!?"
Everyone was relieved. "We thought you'd never ask!"

So what's the actual story!?

Just For Kicks has always wanted to run a guild gang together all the way to level 80. The idea is to enjoy having a laugh in Mumble while opening the map together. It's not a race: if it takes all year, so be it! The point is to run them just for kicks! :)

It's not the easiest thing to manage, and there will be a lot of 'playing it by ear' and 'making it up as we go along' but we think we have the basic plans in place to make it work! Anybody wanting to join in is more than welcome! All you need is a JFK toon of any race/profession that is between level 5 and 15, and Mumble! We're currently in Queensdale (the human starter area). Mon/Wed/Sat evenings (starting sometime between 7-9pm) are going to be our 'gang evenings'!

And another thing...

We always welcome more Mumblers: levellers, farmers, victims for dungeons and cheerful and chilled peeps in general  =)

How do I sign up?

Applications are for jobs. This is a game!  If you think JFK sounds like a laugh, give me a prod in-game - Mumm.5274 - and I'll send you an invitation. It's as easy as that!! Get Mumble set up, and jump right in!

NB: While there's no JFK law that says you must have Mumble on, we do like you to have it set up in case you need it for dungeons etc. There are guildies on every day without fail (mostly in the pm's) and we do believe it's more fun with Mumble - you can chat without dying while you stop to type!! :D

Looking forward to speaking to you soon!!
   ~   Mumm.5274

(If I'm not around, have a look for Ced.7039, my co-conspirator!)

Edited by Mumm, 02 February 2013 - 04:40 PM.

#11 Mumm

Mumm

Fahrar Cub

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:17 AM

Some of the Just For Kicks chorus girls practice their routines after warming-up in a dungeon!!

Posted Image

More JFK women... putting their toy boys through their paces... :D
Posted Image

To be a part of our Dance Troupe only, you too must have talent, style, flexibilty, poise...  that special 'something'.
Applicants must submit a video audition in the form of 'your freestyle interpretation of The Kitty Cat song' (https://www.youtube....h?v=SaA_cs4WZHM).

To join the guild however, you just need a good sense of humour and the ability to mumble!!

Edited by Mumm, 02 February 2013 - 05:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users