Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

What may loom ahead at PAX?


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
62 replies to this topic

#1 Razgriz the Daemon

Razgriz the Daemon

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 04:55 PM

With Gamescom 2010 wrapping up and between the gameplay videos and the Necromancer class being announced what does everyone here on Guild Wars 2 guru think will be released at PAX?

I know PAX is soon ( In september i believe, If im wrong correct me) and while I have my doubts on anything game breaking being released im still curious. So I present you guys and gals with some questions:

1. Is it to soon for another Profession release? With the necromancer just becomming availible Anet may make some skill videos akin to the warrior,ele, and ranger or will they for go that step and rely on gameplay to make up for it?

2. Is it possible that the staple part of PAX is PvP related? With limited PvP info availible it is possible that PAX could be a PvP showing to help answer some questions that everyone has.

3. Possible Underwater gameplay? There hardly is anything out on this that i could fine. I know a lot of everyone on here is more up to date on the news revolving around GW2 then myself so i may be wrong in the "hardly any info" comment.

4. Just the same thing shown at Gamescon but availible for the Western players. While this makes sense for people over here in the states that are eager to get their hand on the demo it makes me wonder if that would really be nesscary as most of us have seen the vids and such but nothing is as exciting as hands on demos.

This is all pure speculation reguarding my ideas with what may be presented. If they have already stated what was going to be shown then please tell me. Also if there has been a thread like this created then go ahead and delete this :D

So what is everyones thoughts?

#2 Morhilane

Morhilane

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:00 PM

PAX is in 2 weeks, I expect:

  • The same demo areas to be shown.
  • The same classes to be available.
  • The same Q&As to be done.
  • A bigger party (if that's possible:D).


#3 Trub

Trub

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:04 PM

It will be:
Glorious.
(I might actually be able to make it to PAX this year!!)

#4 demonic87

demonic87

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:12 PM

It will be the exact same thing.:(

#5 Danieros

Danieros

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:13 PM

My bet is on nothing new, the same demo being used.

It seems too soon for any PvP experience though, I am expecting the first PvP demonstration to be in the first public worldwide preview (which people may call "open beta" nowadays).

#6 Naoroji

Naoroji

    Site Contributor

  • Site Contributors
  • 5495 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:15 PM

Razgriz the Daemon said:

4. Just the same thing shown at Gamescon but availible for the Western players. While this makes sense for people over here in the states that are eager to get their hand on the demo it makes me wonder if that would really be nesscary as most of us have seen the vids and such but nothing is as exciting as hands on demos.

I'm sorry, I thought Europe was part of the Western world as well.

#7 Enrawr

Enrawr

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:17 PM

Morhilane said:

[*]A bigger party (if that's possible:D).

If Nima isn't at PAX then you can forget it :D

#8 oggycheese

oggycheese

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:17 PM

Morhilane said:

PAX is in 2 weeks, I expect:

  • The same demo areas to be shown.
  • The same classes to be available.
  • The same Q&As to be done.
  • A bigger party (if that's possible:D).

I agree. Plus there was already some underwater gameplay in this demo. There was a video of Temple of Ages underwater on some French site.

#9 WAndy

WAndy

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:19 PM

Naoroji said:

I'm sorry, I thought Europe was part of the Western world as well.

same.....also, even if its same stuff (aside from new profession release isn't there?) at least it will be in english and might be entertaining

#10 Amannelle

Amannelle

    Legend of the Norn

  • Members
  • 7467 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:20 PM

Naoroji said:

I'm sorry, I thought Europe was part of the Western world as well.

Well..... >_> Technically, yes... though honestly... you're in the middle. xD

Europe is only called part of the western world because before the old explorers had discovered the Americas, they thought Europe (and Greenland) was the farthest west.

#11 critical_eros343

critical_eros343

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:20 PM

Mesmer pl0x....
Yes I know that's highly unlikely but it's what I want, don't shoot my hopes down! lol
Anyway I'm sure they'll probably have the same demo just in english. What I'm hoping is making all races available for play :D.

#12 Amannelle

Amannelle

    Legend of the Norn

  • Members
  • 7467 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:21 PM

critical_eros343 said:

Mesmer pl0x....
Yes I know that's highly unlikely but it's what I want, don't shoot my hopes down! lol
Anyway I'm sure they'll probably have the same demo just in english. What I'm hoping is making all races available for play :D.

2nd'd       :D

#13 Enrawr

Enrawr

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:22 PM

Naoroji said:

I'm sorry, I thought Europe was part of the Western world as well.

Western World
:D

#14 Naoroji

Naoroji

    Site Contributor

  • Site Contributors
  • 5495 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:22 PM

Amannelle said:

Well..... >_> Technically, yes... though honestly... you're in the middle. xD

Europe is only called part of the western world because before the old explorers had discovered the Americas, they thought Europe (and Greenland) was the farthest west.

There is no middle lolol, it's all relative :/. 'The Western world' usually includes both Western Europe as well as Northern America. Why the OP decided to differ from the normal definition, I'd never know.

Either way;
I'd expect to see much more of the same thing :). Maybe some more American sites picking up on the demo, though, which would increase the 'buzz' considerably.

#15 Amannelle

Amannelle

    Legend of the Norn

  • Members
  • 7467 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:27 PM

Naoroji said:

There is no middle lolol, it's all relative :/. 'The Western world' usually includes both Western Europe as well as Northern America. Why the OP decided to differ from the normal definition, I'd never know.

Either way;
I'd expect to see much more of the same thing :). Maybe some more American sites picking up on the demo, though, which would increase the 'buzz' considerably.

Well, going by the internationally-accepted maps you're in the middle. ;)

But, I suppose that Europe is western compared to, say, Japan or China. :D
In all honesty, is Europe considered the Western World with the Americas because Europe basically founded the civilizations on the Americas (as in; the same societies), whereas the Asian nations were sort of isolated amongst themselves (It was very difficult to travel between Asia and Europe)? :( I'm forgetting now.

#16 Qehb

Qehb

    Vigil Crusader

  • Members
  • 3520 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:27 PM

Any prizes for GW2 to win at PAX?

#17 Epoch

Epoch

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:30 PM

It'll be the exact same build.

#18 midnight03

midnight03

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:34 PM

oggycheese said:

I agree. Plus there was already some underwater gameplay in this demo. There was a video of Temple of Ages underwater on some French site.

Could you please include a link of that video? It would be greatly appreciated :D

#19 ZedF

ZedF

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:50 PM

Razgriz the Daemon said:

So what is everyones thoughts?
I expect PAX will have the same demo.

I expect there will be new info revealed, but nothing big -- probably no new classes or details on major game components. Likely there will be clarification available for common questions from PAX e.g. about potions, long skill recharges for elites, stuff like that.

#20 erickn

erickn

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:51 PM

Quote

PAX is in 2 weeks, I expect:
The same demo areas to be shown.
The same classes to be available.
The same Q&As to be done.
A bigger party (if that's possible).

I remember an article saying that the fifth profession will be playable in PAX. I'm allright?

#21 Retavoh

Retavoh

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:54 PM

erickn said:

I remember an article saying that the fifth profession will be playable in PAX. I'm allright?

I don't know? Are you alright? :D

But anyways, I would expect to see same demo areas, and maybe some other stuff. Since it's two weeks from now, we'll have some more blog posts for them to elaborate on, so that will be the new stuff.

#22 Shemsu Anpw

Shemsu Anpw

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 746 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:56 PM

I'd like to see another profession but I'd be happy with  a race OTHER then  Human or Charr in the videos as a playable demo character.

#23 Cthulhu

Cthulhu

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 06:00 PM

Amannelle said:

Well..... >_> Technically, yes... though honestly... you're in the middle. xD

Europe is only called part of the western world because before the old explorers had discovered the Americas, they thought Europe (and Greenland) was the farthest west.

Yes but one could say the US are in the middle cause they think the world revolves around them :p

wiki ftw http://en.wikipedia....i/Western_world

:)

#24 Dratyan

Dratyan

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 701 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 06:01 PM

I really hope they show something different. I can't attend PAX and all I'll have, again, is videos. If it's the same thing, no point in watching them at all...

#25 Shabudua

Shabudua

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 06:01 PM

Amannelle said:

But, I suppose that Europe is western compared to, say, Japan or China. :D
In all honesty, is Europe considered the Western World with the Americas because Europe basically founded the civilizations on the Americas (as in; the same societies), whereas the Asian nations were sort of isolated amongst themselves (It was very difficult to travel between Asia and Europe)? :( I'm forgetting now.

Exactly. Sometimes "The West" is meant not geographically but culturally, and Europe is the motherland of Western culture. Even Australia is part of "The West" in that sense.

Also, during the Cold War it was common to delineate the world between West and East politically, and everything on our side of the Iron Curtain was called the West. That included much of Europe. Japan and South Korea were part of the West in that sense.

Edited by Shabudua, 21 August 2010 - 06:06 PM.


#26 al capowned

al capowned

    Used Furniture Dealer

  • Site Contributors
  • 2032 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 06:03 PM

Cthulhu said:

Yes but one could say the US are in the middle cause they think the world revolves around them :p

wiki ftw http://en.wikipedia....i/Western_world

:)


the world is round, the middle is relative to where you start.


on-topic: I wouldn't expect much of a difference between GamesCom and Pax
I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther missile of awesome. I am  Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion

#27 Titan Net

Titan Net

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 06:05 PM

'If you’ve ever attended PAX before, you know we always have a lot going on – so much, in fact, that we’re going to need a separate follow-up post to go into more detail.'

I not expecting much, but this makes me think it won't just be a 2nd gamescom. They aren't going to change the demo, but I expect some new info.

#28 Razgriz the Daemon

Razgriz the Daemon

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 06:13 PM

Naoroji said:

There is no middle lolol, it's all relative :/. 'The Western world' usually includes both Western Europe as well as Northern America. Why the OP decided to differ from the normal definition, I'd never know.

Either way;
I'd expect to see much more of the same thing :). Maybe some more American sites picking up on the demo, though, which would increase the 'buzz' considerably.

I didnt meant to offend anyone saying the Western world is all. Just got my terms mixed up.

While im not surprised it will be the same thing as it was at Gamescon will also be at PAX i hope they have some new info as well or it will be a Stale showing so to speak. Yes people there will get a hands on demo but other then that its nothing that no one else hasnt seen already.

#29 Devorak

Devorak

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 06:17 PM

It will be pretty much the exact same thing. Im sure it took them a long, long time to prepare the specific areas and mechanics just for the demo, so they would have no way to change it.

#30 noarema

noarema

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 06:19 PM

beta announced!:D