#1 Kyzr_Relax

Kyzr_Relax

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ZzZz]
  • Server:Eredon Terrace

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

Hello, and welcome to Kyzr’s Official GW2 Crafting Guide.  My guild Relax came to the Blackgate server with other SWTOR converts guilds of Maven and Mouretsu.  While I’m sure most of you have already started scrolling down, for the non-tl;dr crowd, here’s a few tips:

Armorcrafting essentially follows a set pattern until 375.  The best guide I could come up with is an estimate of materials you would need, and a simple “step by step” guide.

Some Fine items unlock as you unlock the ore, and others 25 levels later.  They shift around, so you will not be making the same items at the start of each tier, but you can/will eventually make them all.

Salvage is kind of weird.  You don’t appear to get more material for using better Kits, just chances at fine/rare/exotic materials.  Now, the only way to get cloth is from salvage or drops, so I suggest you salvage all (non-rare/yellow) Cloth items, and all white gear period.  After that, I’d sell any blues or greens (unless the green has a sigil/rune you want).  Make sure you’re using Master Kits on yellows.

Each full item-set (gloves, boots, helm, shoulders) you make requires the following, and you should be making 4 of each (with different insignias):

6 Ingots, 7 Bolts, 4 Spools, 12 Fine. (Discovery Phase)
6 Ingots, 7 Bolts, 24 Spools, 32 Fine. (Mastercraft Phase)

Each tier is broken into 4 phases:

- Refinement:
Turning your ore and cloth into ingots and bolts.  Make as much as you can and don’t hold back.  You still get levels for these early into a tier, and you can sell any excess you make for almost zero loss.  The higher level you get in this phase, the less you have to make in the Mastercraft phase.

- Base Craft: Making the armor plating and cloth lining.  Again, you’re going to make a lot of these, but in specific amounts.  The more accurately you follow the guide, the less material you will waste.  If at the end of Mastercraft, you may need to make more of these base items if you didn’t get out of your tier.

- Discovery: The best part.  Using the discovery tab to power through the levels and make gear.  Trick here is to not do the typical MMO grind of making hundreds of items you’re just going to vendor.  You’re going to make 1 of each and that’s it.

You should make sure to make the insignia with the lowest skill requirement first.  For example, if you're @325, you can make the (300) and (325) gear, but you should exhaust your (300) mats first, as the (325) ones will help you get closer to (375) than the (300) ones can.

- Mastercraft: The worst part.  You’re still doing discovery, but it takes 8 “Fine Items” per craft.  It’s very easy to run out and have to turn to the TP to do this.  I can’t offer any advice on farming other than I hope you got enough as you leveled and to buy it from the TP.

0-75: Novice / Bronze

The worst part about this phase is the Jute.  It’s almost impossible to farm because salvageable drops are set to your level.  If you didn’t collect these in advance, just give up and go to the Trading Post.  Copper isn’t so bad.  It’s high demand pretty much keeps it a competitive market for farmers.

Materials:

200 Copper Ore
20 Lumps of Tin
144 Jute Scraps
112 Spools of Jute Thread
(4x) 44 “Tiny” Fine Items (ie: Tiny Claw, Tiny Fang, Tiny Bone, Tiny Scale)

Refinement Phase:

Make 100 Bronze Ingots.
Make 72 Bolts of Jute.
Buy 120 Spools of Jute Thread.

Base Craft Phase:

Make 8 Bronze Armor Plating for:  Pauldrons, Helmet, Gloves, Boots.
Make 8 Jute Armor Linings for: Pauldrons, Helmet, Gloves, Boots.
Make 4 Fine-Grade (Blue) Insignias using the (4x) Tiny items you have.

Discovery Phase:

Using the Insignias you made, discover 16 total items (4x Boots, 4x Pauldrons, 4x Gloves, 4x Helmets).  This should push you far enough to start the Mastercraft Phase.  If it doesn’t, use a FIFTH “Fine” category to make and discover new armor pieces.  Or, if you’re using these to make an armor set, make the pants/chest and discover those.

Mastercraft Phase:

Make 4 Mastercraft-Grade (Green) Insignias using the (4x) Tiny items you have (8 per insignia).

Using the Insignias you made, discover 16 total items (4x Boots, 4x Pauldrons, 4x Gloves, 4x Helmets).  This should push you far enough to start the next armor tier.  If it doesn’t, use a FIFTH “Fine” item to make and discover new armor pieces.  Or, if you’re using these to make an armor set, make the pants/chest and discover those.

Posted Image

75-150: Initiate / Iron

I hope you like iron.  Not only did the ratio go from 2:1 to 3:1, just when you think you’re done with iron, lol Steel.  You literally have to collect more iron than your deposit can hold (250).  Good news is that iron is pretty much everywhere and isn’t too hard to collect.

Materials:

288 Iron Ore

144 Wool Scraps
112 Spools of Wool Thread
(4x) 44 “Small” Fine Items (ie: Small Claw, Small Fang, Small Bone, Small Scale)

Refinement Phase:

Make 96 Iron Ingots.
Make 72 Bolts of Wool.
Buy 120 Spools of Wool Thread.

Base Craft Phase:

Make 8 Iron Armor Plating for:  Pauldrons, Helmet, Gloves, Boots.
Make 8 Wool Armor Linings for: Pauldrons, Helmet, Gloves, Boots.
Make 4 Fine-Grade (Blue) Insignias using the (4x) Fine items you have.

Discovery Phase:

Using the Insignias you made, discover 16 total items (4x Boots, 4x Pauldrons, 4x Gloves, 4x Helmets).  This should push you far enough to start the Mastercraft Phase.  If it doesn’t, use a FIFTH “Fine” category to make and discover new armor pieces.  Or, if you’re using these to make an armor set, make the pants/chest and discover those.

Mastercraft Phase:

Make 4 Mastercraft-Grade (Green) Insignias using the (4x) Small items you have (8 per insignia).

Using the Insignias you made, discover 16 total items (4x Boots, 4x Pauldrons, 4x Gloves, 4x Helmets).  This should push you far enough to start the next armor tier.  If it doesn’t, use a FIFTH “Fine” item to make and discover new armor pieces.  Or, if you’re using these to make an armor set, make the pants/chest and discover those.

Posted Image

150-225: Apprentice / Steel

Yay, more iron!  And still a 3:1 ratio.  Ugh.  At least you move up a tier in cloth, and at least for me the Fine drops at this tier started to be more reliable.

Materials:

288 Iron Ore
96 Lumps of Coal (Stacks of 10; Can get 6 on TP, or just buy 10 Stacks)
144 Cotton Scraps
112 Spools of Cotton Thread
(4x) 44 “Fine” or Middle Tier Fine Items (ie: Claw, Fang, Bone, Scale)

Refinement Phase:

Make 96 Steel Ingots.
Make 72 Bolts of Cotton.
Buy 120 Spools of Cotton Thread.

Base Craft Phase:

Make 8 Steel Armor Plating for: Pauldrons, Helmet, Gloves, Boots.
Make 8 Steel Armor Linings for: Pauldrons, Helmet, Gloves, Boots.

Discovery Phase:

Mastercraft Phase:

Make 4 Mastercraft-Grade (Green) Insignias using the (4x) Fine items you have (8 per insignia).

Posted Image

225-300: Journeymen / Darksteel

Holy shit.  Finally done with iron, AND the ratio drops back down to 2:1?  Aren’t you a lucky girl.  This gear is what I’d call middle tier, and actually sells pretty well.  People tend to start rushing when they hit the the level hump, and let their gear fall behind.  That’s my guess anyway.

Materials:

192 Platinum Ore
96 Lumps of Primordium (Stacks of 10; Can get 6 on TP, or just buy 10)
144 Linen Scraps
112 Spools of Linen Thread
(4x) 44 “Heavy” Fine Items (ie: Heavy Claw, Heavy Fang, Heavy Bone, Smooth Scale)

Refinement Phase:

Make 96 Darksteel Ingots.
Make 72 Bolts of Linen.
Buy 120 Spools of Linen Thread.

Base Craft Phase:

Make 8 Darksteel Armor Plating for: Pauldrons, Helmet, Gloves, Boots.
Make 8 Darksteel Armor Linings for: Pauldrons, Helmet, Gloves, Boots.

Discovery Phase:

Mastercraft Phase:

Make 4 Mastercraft-Grade (Green) Insignias using the (4x) Fine items you have (8 per insignia).

Posted Image

300-375: Adept / Mithril

This is a good phase to be in, because everything you make is almost certainly an upgrade.  The rare items you make @375 are both Rare 80 gear, and can be salvage for materials to make the 400 Orichalcum gear.  Good tier all around.

Materials:

192 Mithril Ore
144 Silk Scraps
112 Spools of Silk Thread
(4x) 44 “Large” Fine Items (ie: Large Claw, Large Fang, Large Bone, Large Scale)

Refinement Phase:

Make 96 Mithril Ingots.
Make 72 Bolts of Silk.
Buy 112 Spools of Silk Thread.

Base Craft Phase:

Make 8 Mithril Armor Plating for: Pauldrons, Helmet, Gloves, Boots.
Make 8 Mithril Armor Linings for: Pauldrons, Helmet, Gloves, Boots.

Discovery Phase:

Mastercraft Phase:

Posted Image

375-400: Master / ...Mithril?

The good news is that you’re about to make Rare-Grade gear, which is a solid set for level 80. The bad news is that while most of the formula remained the same, the 300/325 tier fine items you just burnt through are still required.  And not 3, or 8, but 15 at a time.

15 Ingots, 19 Bolts, 126 Spools, 90 Fine. (Rare Phase)
- This gets you a full set of Rare(Yellow) Lv80 Gear.

The schematics are sold from the Armorsmith Trainer in any major town in one of the side tabs.  This goes fast though.  Rare-Grade gear gives several levels a time.  I also recommend buy buying all the 375 schematics to make Rare-Helmets.  The Orichalcum gear requires 5x Globs of Ectoplasm per insignia, which you get by Salvaging Rare quality or higher gear.

Conclusion:

I focused on the non-legs/chest for discovery because they were easier on my ore counts.  Granted, I struggled with cloth as a compromise during Jute/Wool, but as I started to salvage smarter, it because much easier.

I’m normally the type of MMO player that stays inside instanced PvP matches and only farms things to sell for enchantments, food, etc.  My guild always jokes about how much I hate crafting (a hate born from crafting in FFXI)  This was easily the most fun I’ve ever had crafting in an MMO, and am almost sad it’s over.

I suspect that if all these materials were collected in advance, and you used the 50% XP Buff from Chests/Gems, that you could complete this guide within 20 minutes with tons of leftover materials.  In fact, I’m pretty sure the material you would save would justify the gems cost of the buff itself, which is how I plan to tackle Jeweler when a similar guide comes out.

Thanks for reading!  Please report for sticky if you found this helpful.

Edited by Khalija, 13 September 2012 - 08:38 PM.

#2 Kyzr_Relax

Kyzr_Relax

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:30 PM

v1.1 - Made some math adjustments, and fixed a few grammar errors.
- Thanks to Hokku and Irredeemable

v1.2 - Added clarification about what order to do similar discoveries in.
- Thansk to Shayne Hawke

Edited by Kyzr_Relax, 10 September 2012 - 02:18 AM.

#3 golden_radish

golden_radish

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:53 PM

It may be worth mentioning, in each tier, the exact amounts and VARIETY of each type of blue crafting material (fangs, blood, venom, etc) required.  For example, if the entire process could be done with 44 venom, or requires venom + something else.

Absolutely fantastic guide, however. Well done, and thanks for taking the time to write it up.

#4 TheSyde

TheSyde

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:34 PM

What i would like is the location of unique armor recipes. The ones from karma vendors... I didn't even know they existed up until recently.

#5 Critus

Critus

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GODS]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:45 PM

View PostTheSyde, on 07 September 2012 - 10:34 PM, said:

What i would like is the location of unique armor recipes. The ones from karma vendors... I didn't even know they existed up until recently.

I wouldnt mind that myself, but seems like a LOT of work, personally ive gotten myself in the habbit of checking the karma vendors whenver i complete the task. so i managed to snatch up some armor recipes that way.

#6 Kyzr_Relax

Kyzr_Relax

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:58 PM

View PostTheSyde, on 07 September 2012 - 10:34 PM, said:

As people post them up here I'll edit the second section.  I actually haven't found any myself, so I don't know where to tell you to look.

#7 TheSyde

TheSyde

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:18 PM

View PostKyzr_Relax, on 07 September 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

As people post them up here I'll edit the second section.  I actually haven't found any myself, so I don't know where to tell you to look.

Yeah, they seem kind of a mystery. Especially because supposedly each part is scattered among karma vendors. Anyway, great guide you've got there! I Leveled myself pretty much the same way, except I used rare armor recipes when available. Yes, it takes some time to get the materials, but it was worth it for the exp, and since i'm rolling a guardian I could use the armor. And the gladiator set looks pretty badass.

Edited by TheSyde, 07 September 2012 - 11:18 PM.

#8 OnePunkArmy

OnePunkArmy

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FoG]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:31 AM

Good read. I have Huntsman and Leathering on my Ranger, and this guide gives me a good idea of how to get out of the low-level hell of Leathering.

#9 Zu Darkcrosser

Zu Darkcrosser

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Guild Tag:[CON]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:32 AM

Worth adding that this guide applies (loosely) to most professions:

Weapon smith you simply sub in 8x Hilts and 8x blades
Artificer 8x Rod 8x core

you get the drift, the method is applicable to most other crafting types.  Good job pal :)

#10 g1yph

g1yph

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:02 AM

View PostCritus, on 07 September 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

I wouldnt mind that myself, but seems like a LOT of work, personally ive gotten myself in the habbit of checking the karma vendors whenver i complete the task. so i managed to snatch up some armor recipes that way.

would you be willing to share where you found these?

also a question: can exotic armor be crafted without the use of the orichalcum armor, like can I apply an exotic insignia to mithril armor?

thanks!

#11 Kyzr_Relax

Kyzr_Relax

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:07 AM

View Postg1yph, on 08 September 2012 - 02:02 AM, said:

also a question: can exotic armor be crafted without the use of the orichalcum armor, like can I apply an exotic insignia to mithril armor?

thanks!

On discovery once you select the insignia the other items go grey, indicating this is not possible.

#12 Critus

Critus

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:16 AM

View Postg1yph, on 08 September 2012 - 02:02 AM, said:

thanks!

Sure il try to look through the npc's that im at right now and see if i can find any... im at work right now so wont be able to get to it for another... 2 hours or so... but if i find any il post the locations on here.

Also most recipes i found are just for the armor piece not the whole set.
Today i think i found a recipe for the Heavy Plate Pauldrons( around lvl 55-60 i think)

I do remember though that ther is a vendor that sells a Iron Legion set in Diessa Plateau area around by the Alpine Powder hero Lepeard skill point. ( the set is like a lvl 15 set, and doesnt look fancy so dont get your hopes up)

Edited by Critus, 08 September 2012 - 02:20 AM.

#13 g1yph

g1yph

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:27 AM

Thanks! I still look forawrd to it, the more info we have written down, the better we are for the future collection of better info!

#14 Critus

Critus

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:55 AM

View Postg1yph, on 08 September 2012 - 03:27 AM, said:

Thanks! I still look forawrd to it, the more info we have written down, the better we are for the future collection of better info!

so i went through the last map i completed and got all the recipes ... only one is for armorsmith but i thought it would be worthwhile getting all of them. Here is the List

Item Name    NPC Name   Map Name Location    Profession

Crusader's Shield   Crusader Brice   Timberline Falls North of Concordia WP   Weaponsmith
Excavator's Gloves Researcher Raekk Timberline Falls   Gyre Rapids WP Tailor
Caer Pauldrons Explorer Cyara   Timberline Falls North of Talus Waypoint Armorsmith
Quiet Leather Leggings Sizza Timberline Falls   North of Odguk Waypoint   Leathersmith
Trailmix Scholar Tolin Timberline Falls South of Krongar Waypoint    Chef

Wish that the forums would let me make a spreadsheet XD

Edited by Critus, 08 September 2012 - 04:05 AM.

#15 g1yph

g1yph

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:52 AM

Quick question for OP: for the mastercraft phase, can you please explain how many total "fine items" you will need?

my math says: 8 mat / insignia * 4 insignia / item = 32 mats / item * 4 of each item = 128 fine materials. am I missing something here?

thanks

Edited by g1yph, 08 September 2012 - 05:06 AM.

#16 Shayne Hawke

Shayne Hawke

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1250 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LiES]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:16 AM

I'll probably use this guide to figure out how to get myself through Leatherworking.

#17 Kyzr_Relax

Kyzr_Relax

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:59 AM

View Postg1yph, on 08 September 2012 - 04:52 AM, said:

Quick question for OP: for the mastercraft phase, can you please explain how many total "fine items" you will need?

my math says: 8 mat / insignia * 4 insignia / item = 32 mats / item * 4 of each item = 128 fine materials. am I missing something here?

thanks

Discovery = (4 Sigs)*(3 Fine)*(4 Items) = 48 Fine Mats.
Mastercraft = (4 Sigs)*(8 Fine)*(4 Items) = 128 Fine Mats.

You need 176 total Fine items for each tier, but it has to be 4 different Fine items for the purpose of discovery.  Or otherwise, 176 / 4, for 44 Fine Items (x4) for each tier.

#18 Hokku

Hokku

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:34 PM

hey OP, amazing guide, however i think your math for cloth scraps per tier is off. if you are making 8 each of helm, pauldron, gloves, and boots, that is a total of 40 scraps. Add to that 16 fine insignia and 16 master insignia and my calculations come to 72 bolts of (cloth), or 16 more than posted.

Thanks and i look forward to using the guide!

#19 Kyzr_Relax

Kyzr_Relax

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:53 PM

View PostHokku, on 08 September 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

hey OP, amazing guide, however i think your math for cloth scraps per tier is off. if you are making 8 each of helm, pauldron, gloves, and boots, that is a total of 40 scraps. Add to that 16 fine insignia and 16 master insignia and my calculations come to 72 bolts of (cloth), or 16 more than posted.

Thanks and i look forward to using the guide!

I think you're right.  I think I didn't count the increase required for the Mastercraft Insignias.  I'm going to leave it for now, and verify once I leave work, then update revision notes.  Thanks for spotting that.

Edited by Kyzr_Relax, 08 September 2012 - 08:57 PM.

#20 Starfleck

Starfleck

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • Guild Tag:[egos]

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:11 AM

Lol. I wish I'd thought of looking here first. . .

As it is, I got to level 400 by Thursday night completely on my own (true I could have shortened the time by reading this first, I think). As it was, I used the trading post exclusively to judge what I would be buying in the lower tiers, sometimes buying more than was necessary, but that's another story.

One thing I did find, though, is that all of those extra materials can come in handy later when you're trying to turn a profit, because the top-tier items aren't actually being bought yet (only things in medium-high demand are tiers 1 & 2). The vanilla crafts are all over saturating the market, so it's advisable to merch or salvage those, but the Intricate insignias (the recipes you buy with Karma), the armor you craft with those intricates, and lesser-known or more valuable crafts like Runes and Boxes are actually selling for better than 1c above merchant price. Let's face it, level 80 gear is going to be far more valuable later on, but with so many newbies it's hardly worth rushing the entire way to 400 unfortunately, because they're buying the lower level items now (don't let the desire for profit stop you though, 400 is where it's really at).

#21 Intercrew

Intercrew

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:42 PM

Guessing most of these stuff you have to gather on your own right?

#22 Irredeemable

Irredeemable

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:00 PM

View PostKyzr_Relax, on 08 September 2012 - 08:53 PM, said:

I think you're right.  I think I didn't count the increase required for the Mastercraft Insignias.  I'm going to leave it for now, and verify once I leave work, then update revision notes.  Thanks for spotting that.

First of all, great guide! As Hokku said, I had to craft 16 extra bolts per tier too.

I think your math for ingots is off too (at least for Iron and Steel). For 96 iron ingots, you need 288 iron ores, instead of 144. For 96 steel ingots, you need 288 iron ores and 96 lumps of coal, instead of 144 / 48. Furthermore, you need only 56 ingots for 8x (pauldrons / helmet / gloves / boots) platings. Have you listed more for the experience?

Edited by Irredeemable, 09 September 2012 - 08:20 PM.

#23 Shayne Hawke

Shayne Hawke

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1250 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:06 PM

I am consistently coming to find that after the discovery phase, I come up a few levels short and need to end up crafting another set of gear and insignia.  Is there a detail about the order in which I discover the items that I am missing?  Perhaps I should be making sure that I use the lower level insignia before using the higher level ones?

#24 Kyzr_Relax

Kyzr_Relax

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:28 PM

View PostShayne Hawke, on 09 September 2012 - 10:06 PM, said:

I am consistently coming to find that after the discovery phase, I come up a few levels short and need to end up crafting another set of gear and insignia.  Is there a detail about the order in which I discover the items that I am missing?  Perhaps I should be making sure that I use the lower level insignia before using the higher level ones?

If you have an abundance of a 5th "Fine" item, it would be better to use those making more gloves, shoulders, helmets, shoulders.  It's unlikely you would have more than 44 of a specific Fine item, but if you do, and have extra ore/cloth, make chest/pants.

Also yes, you should make sure to make the insignia with the lowest skill requirement first.  For example if you're @326, you can make the 300 and 325 gear, but you should exhaust your 300 mats first as the 325 mats will help you get closer to 375.  375 itself is a plateau.  At that point you can make everything except Exotic grade items.

#25 Shayne Hawke

Shayne Hawke

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1250 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:28 AM

View PostKyzr_Relax, on 09 September 2012 - 10:28 PM, said:

Also yes, you should make sure to make the insignia with the lowest skill requirement first.  For example if you're @326, you can make the 300 and 325 gear, but you should exhaust your 300 mats first as the 325 mats will help you get closer to 375.

This is clear to me now.  I'd suggest that you mention something like this at your "Discovery" phase of initial instructions.

#26 Sibios

Sibios

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Server:Maguuma

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:21 AM

View PostKyzr_Relax, on 07 September 2012 - 08:24 PM, said:

Base Craft Phase:

Make 8 Bronze Armor Plating for:  Pauldrons, Helmet, Gloves, Boots.
Make 8 Jute Armor Linings for: Pauldrons, Helmet, Gloves, Boots.
Make 4 Fine-Grade (Blue) Insignias using the (4x) Tiny items you have.

Man I don't understand these, can you explain me this part?
I mean, I need to make 8 of each item usage to make Pauldrons, Helmet, Gloves and Boots? (8x Pauldrons, 8x Helmets, 8x Gloves and 8x Boots?)

Thanks for Guide =)

Edited by Sibios, 10 September 2012 - 03:29 AM.

#27 Kyzr_Relax

Kyzr_Relax

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:38 AM

View PostSibios, on 10 September 2012 - 03:21 AM, said:

Man I don't understand these, can you explain me this part?
I mean, I need to make 8 of each item usage to make Pauldrons, Helmet, Gloves and Boots? (8x Pauldrons, 8x Helmets, 8x Gloves and 8x Boots?)

Correct.  You'll end up making:

8x Bronze Chain Boot Panels
8x Bronze Chain Boot Lining

And then the same for each other item type: Pauldrons, Gauntlets, and Helmet.

You're making 8 of them because you're going to, with the discovery tab at the top left of the crafting window, 'discover' how to make a complete item using those parts and an insignia.  Once you've discovered it, you'll have the option to craft more, but DO NOT DO THIS.  Close the pop up window, and you'll go back into discovery, using the other 3 types of armor you've created to discover more complete items.

#28 Sibios

Sibios

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Server:Maguuma

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:43 AM

View PostKyzr_Relax, on 10 September 2012 - 03:38 AM, said:

Correct.  You'll end up making:

8x Bronze Chain Boot Panels
8x Bronze Chain Boot Lining

And then the same for each other item type: Pauldrons, Gauntlets, and Helmet.

You're making 8 of them because you're going to, with the discovery tab at the top left of the crafting window, 'discover' how to make a complete item using those parts and an insignia.  Once you've discovered it, you'll have the option to craft more, but DO NOT DO THIS.  Close the pop up window, and you'll go back into discovery, using the other 3 types of armor you've created to discover more complete items.
Thanks, so now I discovery one item for each insignia that I made.

#29 Kyzr_Relax

Kyzr_Relax

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:55 AM

Yeah.  You'll do the same for the Mastercraft phase, but it takes substantially more material to progress.

#30 Azerox

Azerox

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 12 posts
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:31 AM

Great work, was looking for something like this for my alt :D
+1

Keep it up!

Hope someone can make a Huntsman and Leatherworking also.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users