#1 0xF30FC7

0xF30FC7

Pale Tree Seedling

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:23 AM

Hi guys,

I was looking to play my Guardian a bit "tanky". Ideally I am looking for an armor with Toughness, Vitality and Healing but I that doesn't exist. What I did find though was armor with Tougness, Vitality and Power. Unfortunately this combination of stats seems to be only available on Dungeon and PvP sets which is a bit sad given how hard the grind is to get those. Are there any crafting recipes I have overlooked to get armor with those stats?

Thanks.

Edited by 0xF30FC7, 08 September 2012 - 01:59 AM.

#2 PizzaE

PizzaE

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:54 AM

Thats what I want to wonder too,

#3 mcheng0489

mcheng0489

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:08 PM

I'm currently using Vigil gear, it's power/toughness/vitality :)

If you're not Vigil though,  tough luck. :( About 1.5 gold a piece too.

http://www.gw2db.com...gil-breastplate

#4 dnod88

dnod88

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:43 PM

View Postmcheng0489, on 08 September 2012 - 01:08 PM, said:

I'm currently using Vigil gear, it's power/toughness/vitality :)

If you're not Vigil though,  tough luck. :( About 1.5 gold a piece too.

http://www.gw2db.com...gil-breastplate

where did you get it?

#5 mcheng0489

mcheng0489

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:28 AM

View Postdnod88, on 08 September 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

where did you get it?

It's level 80 gear, so assuming you are level 80 and a Vigil member, head to the Vigil Headquarter (in Gendarran Fields), there's a weapon/armor merchant that sells all versions of the Vigil gear (heavy/medium/light/all weapon types). Each piece of armor is about 1.3 gold, weapons are a bit more.

#6 Kaderyn

Kaderyn

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:58 AM

I know some Guardians  (and tanky Warriors) like the "Cleric" sets that have Power, Toughness and Healing Power.  I think the argument is that you purposefully don't build up Vitality and keep your hp a bit on the lowish side.  That way your heals are actually more effective since they heal for a larger percentage of your life.

Might be something to consider.

#7 0xF30FC7

0xF30FC7

Pale Tree Seedling

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:31 AM

View PostKaderyn, on 09 September 2012 - 07:58 AM, said:

Might be something to consider.
Without a decent health pool of around 20 - 25k HP toughness sucks, no matter how much healing power you stack. With the cleric set it is completely impossible to reach those HP values.

#8 Kaderyn

Kaderyn

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:50 AM

View Post0xF30FC7, on 09 September 2012 - 09:31 AM, said:

Without a decent health pool of around 20 - 25k HP toughness sucks, no matter how much healing power you stack. With the cleric set it is completely impossible to reach those HP values.
Is it?  I watch a pvp vid where the guy as a Warrior only build Power, Toughness, and Healing Power and I believe used the runes of Dwyana.  He still had over 20k life without building any Vitality.  Plus he seemed really tanky and almost impossible to take down 1 v 1.

This is his video guide for how to build.
This is a video of his pvp gameplay.

It seemed pretty viable but I guess I just started testing it out myself.  At level 65 I have almost 17k with no Vitality so I would imagine by 80 I would definitely have 20k.

Edited by Kaderyn, 09 September 2012 - 09:58 AM.

#9 0xF30FC7

0xF30FC7

Pale Tree Seedling

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:08 AM

You are aware, that I was referring to Guardians, right? With a full cleric set a Guardian sits at around 13 - 14k HP. With a full set of exotic carrion items and a Dolyak rune set my Guardian currently sits at 20k HP. That is with maximum vitality on every single item including jewelry and weapons.

#10 0xF30FC7

0xF30FC7

Pale Tree Seedling

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:03 AM

Just created a Warrior. Seriously. How can any character designer justify giving a class as much base HP as another class with essentially  full vitality stacking? Completely ridiculous. But yes, if you are a warrior, using full Cleric is viable and makes you essentially immortal while still dealing about 2 - 3 times the damage as a Guardian. Let's hope they will either tone down the warrior or buff the other classes.

But yeah, looks like I need to run explorable modes around 60 times to get the armor that still isn't what I want but sucks a lot less than what I got (which is Carrion).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users