• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Forbidden

Forbidden

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:30 AM

When will people learn, selling an item for 1copper/bronze above the vendor price, Will no only  actually make you less money then vendoring it because of the LISTING FEES that people seem to ignore. But that its also a stupid idea.

#2 Drachasor

Drachasor

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1332 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:31 AM

Within 2-4 weeks.

#3 REALMIGUEL

REALMIGUEL

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Server:Seafarer’s Rest

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:34 AM

well, the listing fees are really small, the thing is there is a hiden fee of like 10% when u sell the item, people probably don´t know about it yet.

#4 Forbidden

Forbidden

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:40 AM

True! i even forgot about that myself!

Selling Fee

The listing fee for selling on the Trading Post is 5% of the sales price. This listing fee is not returned even if the listing is cancelled. Upon successful trade an additional 10% fee is deducted from the price, i.e. the total cost of a successful sale is 15%.

#5 Hatsee

Hatsee

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:42 AM

It's a gold sink, or more of an idiot based gold sink.

#6 Cryosepsis

Cryosepsis

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:47 AM

I've been quite surprised by how generous people are with their prices. I guess I got far too used to, well, WoW, where everybody is trying to make a fortune off of level 10 gear etc. I'm kind of hoping it will last a while, to be honest. I've had enough of hyper-inflated economies in mmo's.

#7 Fox_LWW

Fox_LWW

Resistance Fox

• Community Contributors
  • 990 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:54 AM

View PostCryosepsis, on 08 September 2012 - 09:47 AM, said:

I've been quite surprised by how generous people are with their prices. I guess I got far too used to, well, WoW, where everybody is trying to make a fortune off of level 10 gear etc. I'm kind of hoping it will last a while, to be honest. I've had enough of hyper-inflated economies in mmo's.

In wow people controlled the market with buying all the goods of one thing on the market, i highly doubt someone is gonna buy 5000 copper ore worldwide to get the price up 2 copper

Edited by Fox_LWW, 08 September 2012 - 09:54 AM.

#8 Cryosepsis

Cryosepsis

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:57 AM

Not now, fox. A few months down the road though, you can be sure people with the capital will be trying to monopolize certain commodities. It's just part of the game, I think.

#9 Minami Kaori

Minami Kaori

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Guild Tag:[MARA]
  • Server:Gunnar’s Hold

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:01 AM

View PostForbidden, on 08 September 2012 - 09:40 AM, said:

True! i even forgot about that myself!

Selling Fee

The listing fee for selling on the Trading Post is 5% of the sales price. This listing fee is not returned even if the listing is cancelled. Upon successful trade an additional 10% fee is deducted from the price, i.e. the total cost of a successful sale is 15%.

I completely forgot about the selling fee, and was wondering why I only got 27 silver for an armor piece when I sold it for 30 :)

As for the question, I'm not sure... I give it about a month.
On the other hand, I really enjoy buying my matching gear at minimal price xD

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: trading

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users