#31 Aeskarn Vorn

Aeskarn Vorn

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Guild Tag:[myR]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:39 PM

Ok awesome. Mind PM'ing me you in-game name?

That particular video is around a month old. I've improved my game play a lot since then. Plus some better changes for the hammer!

When considering Searing Flames, the 20 second cd on proc really puts me off it. I suppose if you save your 4/5th skill on torch it could be situationaly used well. However the chance that your VoJ proc's it randomly is a little to high for me.

Yeh I have been a fan of the scepter/shield & hammer combo. Chain the immobilises + ring of warding plus Shield 5th skill. Add sanctuary and Wisdom hammer and your onto a winner!

#32 Aodan

Aodan

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • Curse Premium
  • 1616 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

View PostAeskarn Vorn, on 28 October 2012 - 03:39 PM, said:

Ok awesome. Mind PM'ing me you in-game name?

That particular video is around a month old. I've improved my game play a lot since then. Plus some better changes for the hammer!

When considering Searing Flames, the 20 second cd on proc really puts me off it. I suppose if you save your 4/5th skill on torch it could be situationaly used well. However the chance that your VoJ proc's it randomly is a little to high for me.

Yeh I have been a fan of the scepter/shield & hammer combo. Chain the immobilises + ring of warding plus Shield 5th skill. Add sanctuary and Wisdom hammer and your onto a winner!

Scepter/Shld + Hammer is ideally a Spirit Weapon combo. Grag Hammer and Sword and with a good warrior you can kill people fairly quick.

The issue with such offensive centered guardians is you tend to lose a lot of support/survivability
Thats why most take the Offensive meditations route and drop some from Radiance/Zeal to put into Honor for Empowering Strikes.

Also the big issue with Scepter/Shld + Hammer is that if your group needs that much control from a guardian then their comp needs to be revisited.

#33 JaxSilven

JaxSilven

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Guild Tag:[nD]
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:08 AM

View PostAodan, on 28 October 2012 - 06:48 PM, said:

Scepter/Shld + Hammer is ideally a Spirit Weapon combo. Grag Hammer and Sword and with a good warrior you can kill people fairly quick.

The issue with such offensive centered guardians is you tend to lose a lot of support/survivability
Thats why most take the Offensive meditations route and drop some from Radiance/Zeal to put into Honor for Empowering Strikes.

Also the big issue with Scepter/Shld + Hammer is that if your group needs that much control from a guardian then their comp needs to be revisited.

I suggested it as a decent way to force enemies into treb shots in mid on khylo.

#34 CrystallineDIVA

CrystallineDIVA

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

This is all fun and games, especially when everybody believes his build is "the best". It is really fun to see that Anet's prediction (that they will be no meta) has actually come true. As for myself play my guardian 100% offensive. My overal devise is this: People can't kill me when they are afraid of dying within the first 2 seconds of a fight.
I play a spirit weapon with Bane signet bar.
I am lacking stability, but have yet to cry about it, since I am the one that CCs.

Hot Join PvP is by no means representative for a build's viability, so I only tell you my tourny-turnouts:

In a true, uninterrupted 1v1 I win 60-70% of times, I barely go with more than 2 people at once... I am roughly able to win 30-35% of 2v1 (which I find quite okay in tPvP)

Traits: 30/30/0/0/10 Scepter/Shield+Hammer

PS: Still digging the OP's bar

DIVA

#35 Aeskarn Vorn

Aeskarn Vorn

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:19 PM

View PostCrystallineDIVA, on 31 October 2012 - 07:22 PM, said:

This is all fun and games, especially when everybody believes his build is "the best". It is really fun to see that Anet's prediction (that they will be no meta) has actually come true. As for myself play my guardian 100% offensive. My overal devise is this: People can't kill me when they are afraid of dying within the first 2 seconds of a fight.
I play a spirit weapon with Bane signet bar.
I am lacking stability, but have yet to cry about it, since I am the one that CCs.

Hot Join PvP is by no means representative for a build's viability, so I only tell you my tourny-turnouts:

In a true, uninterrupted 1v1 I win 60-70% of times, I barely go with more than 2 people at once... I am roughly able to win 30-35% of 2v1 (which I find quite okay in tPvP)

Traits: 30/30/0/0/10 Scepter/Shield+Hammer

PS: Still digging the OP's bar

DIVA

I have uploaded a video I created back in August of a very similar spec to the Original Burst build I posted. -Take a look in the OP, note its not the exact same please.

@ DIVA,

I don't believe my build is the best, but it does work very well for me.  I completely agree with "my overal devise is this: People can't kill me when they are afraid of dying within the first 2 seconds of a fight." As for your spirit weapon build I know its viability is strong I've duelled Guardians who run it. But I'm just not a big fan of relying on the hammer's CC. It works though so whatever you prefer I guess.

‚ÄčThe reference to the "bar" confuses me?

Thanks,

Aeskar

Edited by Aeskarn Vorn, 02 November 2012 - 01:20 PM.

#36 JaxSilven

JaxSilven

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Guild Tag:[nD]
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:42 PM

View PostAeskarn Vorn, on 02 November 2012 - 01:19 PM, said:

I have uploaded a video I created back in August of a very similar spec to the Original Burst build I posted. -Take a look in the OP, note its not the exact same please.

@ DIVA,

I don't believe my build is the best, but it does work very well for me.  I completely agree with "my overal devise is this: People can't kill me when they are afraid of dying within the first 2 seconds of a fight." As for your spirit weapon build I know its viability is strong I've duelled Guardians who run it. But I'm just not a big fan of relying on the hammer's CC. It works though so whatever you prefer I guess.

‚ÄčThe reference to the "bar" confuses me?

Thanks,

Aeskar

Bar refers to a build in GW1, seeing as you had an interactive skill bar down the bottom of your screen (or wherever the hell you wanted it in your rearrangable interface). But the term isn't used in GW2 because everybody only uses WoW terms, because this game is not in the slightest like GW1.

#37 Aeskarn Vorn

Aeskarn Vorn

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

Just added a video I found hiding in my movie folder *See OP. Think It shows the build a little better Vs strong players also from Paradigm/Paradigm Shift.

Have not played GW2 in a few months now so it may not be up-to-date. Enjoy anyway!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users