#1 Dank Rafft

Dank Rafft

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Guild Tag:[KUH]
  • Server:Elona Reach

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:37 PM

I tried to create a pure ranged warrior for solo and team (support) purposes in PvE. I'm unsure whether this is a viable alternative to all of these pure melee and melee-ranged-mixture types of builds.
Let me know what you think about it and if there is something I could improve.

http://www.gw2db.com...support-warrior

#2 Critus

Critus

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GODS]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:54 PM

Honestly im not a big fan of the skill building websites especially for pve. The issue i have is , most builders make you level 80 where as most of your dungeon runs and real PVE content will be before youre 80. Only place i would really use the builders is for pvp builds, but my rant asside.

Your Major Tactics Traits are blank

#3 Bestia

Bestia

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:05 PM

Pure ranged warrior does indeed work very well in pvE. Longbow gives you massive AE damage and a powerful combo field, and rifle is very beefy single target.

Build looks decent but you'll be very squishy with no points in def. If you get hit it's going to HURT. One thing I will say though, you've gone 30 into tactics without taking either of the two powerful grandmaster major traits (Healing shouts or regen on banners). Both of these traits rock (though you can only pick one) and seeing as you have 3 banners as your slot skills and the elite banner as well I would strongly recommend taking the regen on banners trait at the end of tactics

#4 Dank Rafft

Dank Rafft

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

View PostCritus, on 08 September 2012 - 03:54 PM, said:

Your Major Tactics Traits are blank
Hm, that's weird. I can see them: IV, V and X.

#5 Critus

Critus

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GODS]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:09 PM

View PostDank Rafft, on 08 September 2012 - 04:06 PM, said:

Hm, that's weird. I can see them: IV, V and X.

It might be my computer, im at work and its like something people used in the 1990s >.>

#6 Red_Falcon

Red_Falcon

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2417 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:56 PM

Seems all good on your build.
Ranged-only is quite boring tho :/

#7 LadyPvP

LadyPvP

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:02 PM

I use a range only build in pvp and pve and do quite well, I'm traited a lot different than you are though.

#8 Dank Rafft

Dank Rafft

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:47 PM

View PostLadyPvP, on 14 September 2012 - 08:02 PM, said:

I use a range only build in pvp and pve and do quite well, I'm traited a lot different than you are though.
Would you share your build with us?

#9 LadyPvP

LadyPvP

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:46 PM

http://www.gw2db.com...|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|

Rampager Draconic set for pve and Knight's Draconic set for pvp. In pve I switch for some banners for dungeons, but in pvp I run into a lot of 1vs1 and 1vs2 fights because I like to roam around away from the pack so what I'm using has been working really well. The only time I have a little trouble is against guardians, just have to kite them longer, takes so long to kill them for anyone though.

#10 Greeve

Greeve

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:33 PM

View PostDank Rafft, on 08 September 2012 - 03:37 PM, said:

I tried to create a pure ranged warrior for solo and team (support) purposes in PvE. I'm unsure whether this is a viable alternative to all of these pure melee and melee-ranged-mixture types of builds.
Let me know what you think about it and if there is something I could improve.

http://www.gw2db.com...support-warrior

Hey.  Just a couple of things to help you tune your build.  First of all, having to carry around 3 banners is a pain in the but.  Personally when I am banner guy build I choose just 1.  3 reasons being the already stated problem with having to manage 3 banners.  Many times you are moving from point to point in a dungeon or world and moving 3 banners with you or asking your team mates to carry them with you is just unrealistic and bogs you down.  So choose just 1.  I personally use the healing banner to pimp out my heals.  Second reason, regen from banners from the Inspiring Battle Standard trait dont stack in my testing.  Meaning, say your regen from the banner ticks at 100.  3 banners will not make this 300.  It will only effect the duration of the buff, which is not really necessary since the banners refresh constantly.  Final reason, is that you can pick up some better utility type skills outside of the banners like shake it off or for great justice.  If you have 3 slots dedicated to banners your situational utility seems less overall.

Second, I would suggest a build like this:
http://www.guildhead...lag9Mpfx0ckMzVq

The skills other than banner of your choice are personal preference.  I like doylak for the damage mitigation, and i like shake it off for the stun break.  Heal again is your choice, but the regen of healing signet, coupled with the talent adrenal health and your banner regen can get you close to 700 regen a tick for you personally, greatly increasing your survivability.  Only time you would want to swap out for a higher healing skill is when you need the burst heals.  Anyhow, thats my build.  I gear with clerics stuff to get my healing power high and keep my power respectable.  Clerics is power/toughness/healing.  You are pretty beefy with this spec as well.

Edit: PVE centric build

Edited by Greeve, 15 September 2012 - 05:35 PM.

#11 Dank Rafft

Dank Rafft

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:07 PM

View PostLadyPvP, on 15 September 2012 - 02:46 PM, said:

http://www.gw2db.com...|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|

Rampager Draconic set for pve and Knight's Draconic set for pvp. In pve I switch for some banners for dungeons, but in pvp I run into a lot of 1vs1 and 1vs2 fights because I like to roam around away from the pack so what I'm using has been working really well. The only time I have a little trouble is against guardians, just have to kite them longer, takes so long to kill them for anyone though.
Thanks. Do you think this is a good alternative to the GS-Signet-Build for leveling?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ranged, warrior, pve, rifle, bow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users