• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Account hacked, how long have you been waiting?

account hacked

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Garth

Garth

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:54 AM

Hi all,

I've been hacked on tuesday night and filed a support request as soon as I found out.
They say the problem should be solved within 72 hours yet I'm going into day 5 now with the only response being a generic e-mail I recieved yesterday saying something along these lines:

Hey Guild Wars 2 player! If your password has been changed use this! Otherwise we will contact you later and actualy read your support request!

Now, I understand this might solve the problem for some, but I clearly stated in my report request that my account e-mail had been changed. You might understand this becomes mildly frustrating, especialy if you got a guild to run in-game. :)

I understand that there are a lot of people requiring help, and to get a better picture as to whether I'm alone in going over the 72 hour benchmark I'd love to hear some of your experiences with these issues.
Also, shouldn't ArenaNet have put better account recovery in place, to save time on both the gamers side as well as the support team's?

#2 Red Sonya

Red Sonya

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:59 AM

View PostGarth, on 09 September 2012 - 06:54 AM, said:

Hi all,

I've been hacked on tuesday night and filed a support request as soon as I found out.
They say the problem should be solved within 72 hours yet I'm going into day 5 now with the only response being a generic e-mail I recieved yesterday saying something along these lines:

Hey Guild Wars 2 player! If your password has been changed use this! Otherwise we will contact you later and actualy read your support request!

Now, I understand this might solve the problem for some, but I clearly stated in my report request that my account e-mail had been changed. You might understand this becomes mildly frustrating, especialy if you got a guild to run in-game. :)

I understand that there are a lot of people requiring help, and to get a better picture as to whether I'm alone in going over the 72 hour benchmark I'd love to hear some of your experiences with these issues.
Also, shouldn't ArenaNet have put better account recovery in place, to save time on both the gamers side as well as the support team's?

Just one question do you ever use your email address as also your account ID/address....oh wait you HAVE to with NCsoft/Anet don't you?

I personally didn't link my GW1 account to GW2 so I could use two separate emails hope it keeps me safe. I also NEVER use my account email addresses to REGISTER FORUM ACCOUNTS as you just can't TRUST anyone these days. Back in the days of Everquest Alakhazam was scamming/hacking Everquest accounts by using forum members email addresses and checking them to Everquest accounts.....took awhile but they got caught.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: account, hacked

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users