Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:03 PM

View Postpratt1085, on 19 September 2012 - 11:48 AM, said:

runes

Margins on most runes are thin now.

My position on "flipping" is that it's a great way to make money while you don't play.  You spend 3 minutes doing this when you first log in, then 3 more minutes when you first log out.  Rest of your time you can spend playing the game, and the market works for you while you are away from game.

I don't make a ton this way, but a little, and it's easy and doesn't take much time to juggle, say, 10 items.

#62 AarodCutshot

AarodCutshot

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:47 PM

View PostReeku, on 09 September 2012 - 01:57 PM, said:

It doesn't suck, it does require patience. Its the closest game you will ever find that comes close to stock market trading. Get used to it, it is not your lame World of Warcraft market that lets you control a particular commodity in a quick sweep. Buy low and sell high obviously works no matter what, but its a matter of obtaining the right product and fighting for it. It wont be easy either, and it shouldnt be. I love this system.
I love this game as well but the crafted items you actually spend more then what you make you actually lose money the auction house needs alot more done to it to be at its right place in correct value of a item. What they need to do is raise the greens 10 percent more then the merchant dealers and have higher starting post of crafted rare items.

#63 zReactiveGamingz

zReactiveGamingz

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:17 PM

I have one strategy for you man and this really can net you at LEAST 5g an hour check this out : rare dye flipping
https://www.youtube....h?v=wl3wZWnp-6w

#64 Fredfiness

Fredfiness

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:30 PM

The problem with this game is the global TP. If it was like WoW (server based) people would be more willing to share strategies, and the markets would have a wide variety.

#65 NavyNoob

NavyNoob

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LS]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:38 PM

View PostFredfiness, on 21 September 2012 - 07:30 PM, said:

The problem with this game is the global TP. If it was like WoW (server based) people would be more willing to share strategies, and the markets would have a wide variety.

You definitely hit on it with the global TP being the core reason why prices are so steady.  The sheer volume of items and number of people trading will tend to keep items closer to equilibrium.  However, as others have noted there are still deals to be had.  Upon logging on every night I spend about 20 minutes digging through the TP to find the one or two items that have a nice margin and then work with them.  It changes daily as the other day it was salvageable scrap and yesterday it was bones.  This is not a get rich quick scheme but a quick way to make some in game money if you have the patience.

#66 Fredfiness

Fredfiness

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:26 PM

View PostNavyNoob, on 21 September 2012 - 07:38 PM, said:

You definitely hit on it with the global TP being the core reason why prices are so steady.  The sheer volume of items and number of people trading will tend to keep items closer to equilibrium.  However, as others have noted there are still deals to be had.  Upon logging on every night I spend about 20 minutes digging through the TP to find the one or two items that have a nice margin and then work with them.  It changes daily as the other day it was salvageable scrap and yesterday it was bones.  This is not a get rich quick scheme but a quick way to make some in game money if you have the patience.

Yeah, I just started looking at the spread between items and I'm slowly making some coin. At first it was a couple of copper, but I've been able to move it up to a few silver (1-10 depending on how lucky I am).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: playing, trading, post, money

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users