• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Mesmer leveling guide/build help wanted!

leveling pve solo

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 christine1000

christine1000

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:01 PM

Hi all

I have decided that the mesmer is the class for me, I really love it and I can see alot of potential in the class...

However, I have not been able to find a good guide/build for leveling a mesmer. I have decided to make a new one thats going to be a sylvari, Because I really like that race...

Im looking for a guide for leveling as stated above. I would like to do some dam. but still be able to live. No glass cannon for me...

I tried the staff but it was very very slow I think...

If anyone could point me to a guide or a link, maby I missed the leveling topics on this forum...

thanks alot for all your help!

#2 Gregor Sabetin

Gregor Sabetin

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:17 PM

I know there is this one http://www.guildwars...es-levels-1-40/ which is pretty recent. But I don't agree 100% with the content. Still it gives you good ideas to begin with.

IMO you should first try a little bit of everything, just to feel confident with all weapons.

#3 SuburbanLion

SuburbanLion

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BR]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:38 PM

I wrote a small guide for 1-10 that covers some of the basics with scepter/focus. http://www.guildwars...or-new-mesmers/

#4 Nuu

Nuu

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DKR]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:05 AM

View Postchristine1000, on 09 September 2012 - 02:01 PM, said:

Hi all

I have decided that the mesmer is the class for me, I really love it and I can see alot of potential in the class...

However, I have not been able to find a good guide/build for leveling a mesmer. I have decided to make a new one thats going to be a sylvari, Because I really like that race...

Im looking for a guide for leveling as stated above. I would like to do some dam. but still be able to live. No glass cannon for me...

I tried the staff but it was very very slow I think...

If anyone could point me to a guide or a link, maby I missed the leveling topics on this forum...

thanks alot for all your help!

Staff is a very slow weapon. Designed more for that "slow burn" & defensive set. The Greatsword & shortsword or anything in general should be the primary weapons of choice unless soloing a group of 3+. I made a video & won't post it, but my channel has a video on attacking neutral enemies since no one does that. Enemies that live longer have more xp. Therefore many enemies who sre neutral have 3x more normal experience because no one thinks to kill them because of the stigma they won't net any experience.

Get a routine you use to kill mobs, round up like 4/5 neutral enemies (moas or fireflies to start) & watch your xp rise. Remember, kill things others most likely haven't. Don't bother in lower areas since everyone's killing everything....honestly just watch my video. It explains everything - http://YouTube.com/user/finallyanime

#5 Ubarad

Ubarad

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:43 AM

The two simplest tricks to help you level are keeping your weapons up to your level range via the trading post (toughness/vitality seems great since there's no dps race) and making sure you swap weapons during combat.  It's very simple, but we all get lazy.  If you start with your staff and throw down whatever you have cooldowns up on mainly chaos armor, chaos storm and easily always illusionary warlock, then switch to whatever you're using for the main combat (I use sword/pistol) the game becomes much easier.  Having two phantasms out at the beginning of the fight is great and your survivability goes through the roof.  Certaintly you can mix and match weapons, but the same philosphy applies drop a phantasm and a few big cooldowns on your secondary set and clean up with your primary set.

#6 jeddahwe

jeddahwe

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:25 PM

Mesmer is highly dependent on both weapons and Staff is always recommended to be one of the two due to its defensive capabilities as well as boons/buffs.

One option is Staff + GS and go all the way condition damage and Toughness.  The idea is get stacks of Might high via Staff 1 and GS 2.
Another options is Sword+whatever but with Staff also but you need to be comfortable in melee range and good and quick with your dodge.

#7 Baron Von Stank

Baron Von Stank

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:32 PM

Staff and Sword/Pistol - imo the only way to go. Illusions 10>Dueling 10>Domination 10. Then time warp as to not be shellfish

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: leveling, pve, solo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users