• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Help with which graphics card to purchase?

graphics card cheap

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TheDreamSeeker

TheDreamSeeker

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:36 PM

Okay, here's the story - I am using my old, crappy computer for the time being as I've sent my current rig away to be repaired. However, It's estimated that I won't get my computer back till early October! *grinds teeth* That said, I'm currently using my old DELL Optiplex 755 SFF. It's specs are as follows: Core 2 Duo 2.3Ghz, 4GB RAM (DDR2), 160GB hard drive, and Windows XP Home. It doesn't have a graphics card, so I'm here to ask for anyone's advice on which one to buy for this system? In saying that, I don't want to have to buy an expensive graphics card. I'm looking for something inexpensive, somewhere along the lines of the minimum graphical requirement, similar to the x1800. Any recommendations will be very helpful!

Please keep in mind that I realise that this is not the optimal system specs to be running Guild Wars 2. It is a temporary situation until I get my computer back. So, I plan on setting everything to low - med, and the resolution to 1024x768.

Thank you all in advance.

#2 The Comfy Chair

The Comfy Chair

The best at space

• Members
  • 5331 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[TKOT]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:10 PM

hd6670 or something similar would be a decent purchase for the system. You'll be very heavily CPU bottlenecked, so performance wont be amazing, but i guess you already knew that. You should be able to run the game on high though perfectly well (there's no real reason to turn off many settings, the CPU aspect of the game seems to be pretty static across all settings unfortunately), so at least it'll look nice.

Edited by The Comfy Chair, 09 September 2012 - 11:10 PM.

If you want to check if your computer will run GW2, check here.

If you find out you can't and need to think about upgrading or building another, check here.

#3 TheDreamSeeker

TheDreamSeeker

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:35 AM

View PostThe Comfy Chair, on 09 September 2012 - 11:10 PM, said:

hd6670 or something similar would be a decent purchase for the system. You'll be very heavily CPU bottlenecked, so performance wont be amazing, but i guess you already knew that. You should be able to run the game on high though perfectly well (there's no real reason to turn off many settings, the CPU aspect of the game seems to be pretty static across all settings unfortunately), so at least it'll look nice.
Thank you very much. And yes, I know my cra**y system is going to hold me back. But thankfully this is only temporary!

Thanks again.

#4 Quaker

Quaker

Technician

• Technicians
  • 3332 posts
  • Profession:Ranger
  • Guild Tag:[n/a]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:30 PM

I'd suggest either an HD6670, or for better performance, an HD7750. Anything much beyond that might over-stress your power supply.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: graphics, card, cheap

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users