• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Questions about repsec, character customization, and crafting.

crafting respec character customization

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PocketAudio

PocketAudio

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:18 PM

Hello gentlemen and ladies. I am a newcomer to this wonderful game and this is my first post on this site. I just have some questions to ask and hopefully they will be answered.

- Can I respec my traits and skills with in game money? If so, how?

- After going through three characters of the same class due to their  annoying aesthetic appearance, I was wondering if you could change your hair styles and facial hair types after going through character customization. Is it possible to be able to customize your hair? (Can eye color and face shapes be customized too?)  

- I have a really bad case of OCD. At my first run, I have been scouring through the every piece of land completing all heart quests, discovering vistas, way points, and points of interests. I am a true completionist at heart and I was wondering which crafting professions would best suit my play style.

My main is a Guardian whilst my secondary is a Ranger. Can you recommend me the best crafting professions for each class respectively? My experienced friend told me to go for Cooking and tailoring for my Ranger, and armor smithing and jewelry making for my Guardian. Should I agree with his suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by PocketAudio, 10 September 2012 - 12:26 PM.

#2 KQ

KQ

The Quaestor

• Site Contributors
  • 3297 posts
  • Profession:Ranger
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:27 PM

Can I respec my traits and skills with in game money? If so, how?

Yes. All you have to do is talk to a profession trainer and tell him you want to respec. The cost for doing so on level 80 is 3 silver and 50 copper.

I was wondering if you could change your hair styles and facial hair types after going through character customization. Is it possible to be able to customize your hair? (Can eye color and face shapes be customized too?)

The only way individual hair styles can be customized is by hair color. You can also change your eye color (the color palette on face selection), and your face expression can also be modified by sliders.

I am a true completionist at heart and I was wondering which crafting professions would best suit my play style.

There is no "best" crafting profession. It ultimately befalls down on what you want to do. Fret not to try more than two crafting professions for a single character, as your progress in one crafting profession will not be neglected once you pick a different crafting profession instead. Cooking, for example, offers a multitude of buffs through consumables and levels more easily than other crafting professions. There already are guides on getting to 400 for your 10 easy character levels. Taking Armorsmith, Leatherworker or Tailor is always a good idea, as you can craft bags with those crafting professions. And with the Jeweler you can craft upgrade components.

If you want a more thorough discussion about this matter, feel free to use our Crafting forum.

Edited by KQ, 10 September 2012 - 12:34 PM.

#3 PocketAudio

PocketAudio

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:32 PM

View PostKQ, on 10 September 2012 - 12:27 PM, said:

Yes. All you have to do is talk to a profession trainer and tell him you want to respec. The cost for doing so on level 80 is 3 silver and 50 copper.

The only way individual hair styles can be customized is by hair color. You can also change your eye color (the color palette on face selection), and your face expression can also be modified by sliders.
Assuming you took note that I asked if character customization can be done after going through it, (After going through the character epilogue and the kick starter event) how can I do this in game?

#4 KQ

KQ

The Quaestor

• Site Contributors
  • 3297 posts
  • Profession:Ranger
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:37 PM

View PostPocketAudio, on 10 September 2012 - 12:32 PM, said:

Assuming you took note that I asked if character customization can be done after going through it, (After going through the character epilogue and the kick starter event) how can I do this in game?

Oh. Well, you can't. At least not at this moment. In GW1 there are makeover credit though, so there is always the potential of something like this appearing in GW2.

#5 Znake

Znake

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Grim]
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:38 PM

You cannot modify your character's appearance after you have started the game that character.

Edit: ninja'd

Edited by Znake, 10 September 2012 - 12:39 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: crafting, respec, character customization

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users