• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#211 Sieghildr

Sieghildr

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

Fine stones are the only thing worth buying in the gem store. It's not gonna change.

But seriously would it kill them to add cool stuff to the gem store?

#212 BovinityCow

BovinityCow

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

I've played WoW and experienced the transmog system there. Thing is, I was paying 15bucks a month for WoW, as well as dishing out ~200bucks for all the expansions pre-panda. GW2 does not make me pay 15bucks a month on top of the $60-150, it's also not in it's 8th year of release so I don't and never expected transmutation to work like transmogrification.

Think of this. WoW only introduced transmogrification this past year. GW2 had it from the start.

I didn't say WoW, did I? Actually, I think I specifically mentioned Age of Conan, which is also free to play now and has a Vanity system that's 10x superior to GW2's. There's even better examples, but I don't have them off the top of my head right now.

GW2's vanity system is intentionally junk. It's designed the way it is for a very specific reason.

#213 boxterduke

boxterduke

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[REN]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

View Postfr0st2k, on 10 September 2012 - 05:00 PM, said:

By change color, i mean, it changes the rarity color of the sword.

I can guarantee for a fact that the color rarity does not change. If your is changing then submit a bug report.

I transmuted many, many items and the rarity color is embedded in the stats. So if you have a blue sword with awesome skin and an exotic sword with crappy skin. You will choose the nice skin, and then stats from the crappy skin.

Once you finish the transmutation, the awesome skin will have the stats of the exotic and the rarity color as well.

#214 XionValkyrie

XionValkyrie

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

View PostBovinityCow, on 15 November 2012 - 05:00 PM, said:

I didn't say WoW, did I? Actually, I think I specifically mentioned Age of Conan, which is also free to play now and has a Vanity system that's 10x superior to GW2's. There's even better examples, but I don't have them off the top of my head right now.

GW2's vanity system is intentionally junk. It's designed the way it is for a very specific reason.

Last I checked, AoC makes you pay for access to expansions, special content, certain raids, etc.   You can also buy actual max level pvp gear from the cash shop.    A-net is giving us all their new content for free (for now at least) and they don't sell actual stat items in the cash shop, so they have to sell other things.

#215 Juhoo

Juhoo

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

Oh nothing is wrong with the stones, quit complaining people! Comparing to many other games, these transmutation stones are just fine and work like they should. And if you get the skin, the stats and the upgrade that you wish, who cares if your item rarity is not what you want it to be? Does it really matter at all?

You're not forced to use real money for these transmutation stones, since you have the option of just converting your gold into gems. Honestly, they don't cost that much with these gem prices.

The cash shop could have more content, but it's quite obvious that such is going to be appearing in the future.

I personally don't see anything to actually complain about in this area, and I'll rather rant about bigger issues.

#216 BovinityCow

BovinityCow

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

Last I checked, AoC makes you pay for access to expansions, special content, certain raids, etc.   You can also buy actual max level pvp gear from the cash shop. A-net is giving us all their new content for free (for now at least) and they don't sell actual stat items in the cash shop, so they have to sell other things.

Oh, so now we're changing topics. Probably a sign that the current transmute system really is so bad as to be completely indefensible. ;)

Anyway, I know there's still a big group of people so in love with the game that they'll fight tooth and nail against anyone wanting to upgrade their tricycle. (Except when it's ArenaNet doing it, then they'll rabidly defend everything)

#217 XionValkyrie

XionValkyrie

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

View PostBovinityCow, on 15 November 2012 - 08:17 PM, said:

Oh, so now we're changing topics. Probably a sign that the current transmute system really is so bad as to be completely indefensible. ;)

Anyway, I know there's still a big group of people so in love with the game that they'll fight tooth and nail against anyone wanting to upgrade their tricycle. (Except when it's ArenaNet doing it, then they'll rabidly defend everything)

I'm not changing topics.   The current transmutation system is as it is because A-net decided that they wanted to make money off of changing the way you look.  If they don't sell anything useful in the store they wouldn't make any money off of it.   The fine transmutation stones are one of the few useful items they actually sell in the store aside from the inventory/warehouse/character expansion slots.

If they upgrade the system so you don't need fine transmutation stones or need less of it, they'd need to make up for the loss in revenue via some other method, which a lot of people will probably like even less.

Edited by XionValkyrie, 15 November 2012 - 08:51 PM.

#218 BovinityCow

BovinityCow

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

The current transmutation system is as it is because A-net decided that they wanted to make money off of changing the way you look.

That's....100% the same point I made above. The system is intentionally bad/awkward/whatever because it's meant to be a money source.

#219 XionValkyrie

XionValkyrie

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

View PostBovinityCow, on 15 November 2012 - 08:50 PM, said:

That's....100% the same point I made above. The system is intentionally bad/awkward/whatever because it's meant to be a money source.

And a lot of people are perfectly fine with it because they know A-net needs to have money sources, and they're fairly limited in their options because they won't sell stat items or content in the the cash shop.

#220 BovinityCow

BovinityCow

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

Well, glad we agree, then!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users