4 replies to this topic

#1 Meck

Meck

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:12 PM

Hi guys,

Since about 2 weeks ago my computer makes a really weird "rattlingg" noise, It definitley sounds like it's coming from a component that spins..

I have absolutley zero knowledge about hardware and I am wondering if my PC is in trouble..
The computer is about 2 months old. The sound isn't present when the computer starts up..

I tried to film it hope you can hear the noise in my video.

Thanks a lot!

#2 Versalife

Versalife

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:19 PM

Sounds like a fan is clipping part of a cable, maybe you have a cable too close to one of your fans?

#3 Fluent Fox

Fluent Fox

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 373 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Dark]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:36 PM

You need to open it up, turn it on, and check that nothing is touching the fans. You'll also be able to pinpoint where the sound is coming from.

Just take off the side panel, don't be scared it's not going to blow up at you or anything.

#4 Elder III

Elder III

Technician

• Technicians
  • 4424 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ION]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:10 PM

Make sure that it's not the Hard Drive making that noise when you open it up.... if it is the Hard Drive, you had best check out your Warranty since it's still almost new.

#5 Nail Bunny

Nail Bunny

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:14 PM

Some fans don't start up until the OS is running, so it's probably a fan clipping a cable, like others have said. Worst case scenario it could be something loose, though. Open it up! Computers like being opened up... releases the dust. ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: strange, noise, coming, from, pc, help, spinning, component, problem, sound

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users