4 replies to this topic

#1 Arodes

Arodes

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:08 PM

Hi,

I have roughly 130k karma atm and I am starting to wonder on which set I should use it on. I don't really have a 'main' weapon, weapons I use often are the longbow, warhorn, double axes, rifle, double swords and hammer. I also occasionally use shields.

So far I seem to like the Lyssa set alot because it has a decent combination of offensive and defensive stats and the rune bonuses seem strong aswell.

Any opinions? (Also, does anyone perhaps have a site that has all karma gear + stats listed next to eachother? I tried googling it but didn't find anything useful)

Thanks

Edited by Arodes, 11 September 2012 - 05:08 PM.

#2 Skillo

Skillo

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:13 PM

I think you'll get a lot of, "it's your personal preference" responses. I however want to ask, as I've just reached level 80, where can I find these karma vendors? And just in general, are there any rewards upon reaching level 80, I guess not, but maybe I'm missing something.

#3 Arodes

Arodes

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:16 PM

View PostSkillo, on 11 September 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

I think you'll get a lot of, "it's your personal preference" responses. I however want to ask, as I've just reached level 80, where can I find these karma vendors? And just in general, are there any rewards upon reaching level 80, I guess not, but maybe I'm missing something.

The vendors for these armors spawn after doing the meta event in the Orr zones:
- Straits of Devastation: temple of Balthazar
- Malchor's Leap: temple of Lyssa and temple of Dwayna
- Cursed Shore: temple of Melandru and temple of Grenth, there's also a vendor at the entrance to the dungeon named Arah that spawns when you control the entrance.

As for rewards for hitting level 80, there are none.

#4 Hinagiku

Hinagiku

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

I made a similar thread a few days ago.  You may consider it for additional reference: http://www.guildwars...or-you-and-why/

View PostArodes, on 11 September 2012 - 05:08 PM, said:

(Also, does anyone perhaps have a site that has all karma gear + stats listed next to eachother? I tried googling it but didn't find anything useful)
Ah, here is a recent blog post regarding the karma god temple exotic armors (there is also information on where the vendors are specifically and what they sell):
http://dulfy.net/201...rma-armor-sets/
You may find this page quite useful.

Edited by Hinagiku, 11 September 2012 - 05:33 PM.

#5 Arodes

Arodes

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:24 PM

View PostHinagiku, on 11 September 2012 - 05:31 PM, said:

I made a similar thread a few days ago.  You may consider it for additional reference: http://www.guildwars...or-you-and-why/

Ah, here is a recent blog post regarding the karma god temple exotic armors (there is also information on where the vendors are specifically and what they sell):
http://dulfy.net/201...rma-armor-sets/
You may find this page quite useful.

Tyvm, this was exactly what I was looking for.

What I came up with for now is something like this:
Heavy Mortal Helm +45 Condition Damage +32 Precision +32 Toughness
Heavy Rubicon Shoulders +34 Healing +24 Precision +24 Vitality
Heavy Rubicon Breastplate +101 Condition Damage +72 Precision +72 Toughness
Heavy Mortal Gauntlets +34 Condition Damage +24 Precision +24 Toughness
Heavy Mortal Leggings +67 Healing +48 Precision +48 Vitality
Heavy Aurora Boots +34 Condition Damage +24 Precision +24 Toughness

All of these equipped with the Superior Rune of Lyssa set.

This would give me a nice bit of defensive stats through a mix of Toughness and Vitality, and some Healing. For offensive stats this is heavily focused on Condition Damage and Precision, which would work well with Longbow, Rifle and dual Swords. My fear is that with this setup I will be forced to play these two weapons, leaving other weapons such as dual Axes a worse choice. (Note that I really enjoy playing with all weapons except for maces.)

Any opinions/suggestions/tips on my setup before I buy my items?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: warrior, karma gear, exotic, stats

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)