• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

What do you guys think of this shortbow condition build?

ranger shortbow condition precision pve builds critical

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Graphics

Graphics

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ILK]
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:45 PM

http://www.noxxic.co...uild-and-traits

Thinking about using this for my 80 ranger in PvE? Thoughts?

#2 Gandall

Gandall

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:57 PM

I definitely wouldn't use the faster recharge of f2 skills for your pets on that build. F2 abilities are still kind of finicky as it is and until they get completely fixed I might try swapping it out.

Also, how does that sharpening stone ability in the marksmanship trait line actually work with the sharpening stone slot skill. I tried using it but didn't know if it was actually working or if it stacked with the other sharpening stone?

Personally, I would put more into wilderness survival for increased condition damage with bleeds. I'm going to tinker around though once I hit 80 with some similar builds to this (currently 79 lol). Otherwise, looks like a good build for shortbow.

#3 rodarin

rodarin

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 173 posts
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:13 PM

problem with these and all other 'condition' builds is they lack conditions.  You get a bleed from short bow auto attack, but only if positioned correctly. So if not then your only condition is a poison, and a pet bleed. And sharpening stone which is a redundant condition with a long cool down, even traited.

Shortbow itself is just not a great set up for a condition build anyway. Short sword and torch are the best combination. Ad traps to it and 6 of 10 slots have conditions attached to them. Plus with traits and pet you get your bleeds as well.

The irony is a ranger is probably the 4th best class with any bow, and since only 3 classes can use bows that not good. Rangers just happen to be able to use both short and long bows.

Basically you have a generic shortbow build and will probably stack a lot of condition damage armor. Frankly that doesnt make it a 'condition build'.

#4 Graphics

Graphics

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:59 PM

View Postrodarin, on 11 September 2012 - 07:13 PM, said:

problem with these and all other 'condition' builds is they lack conditions.  You get a bleed from short bow auto attack, but only if positioned correctly. So if not then your only condition is a poison, and a pet bleed. And sharpening stone which is a redundant condition with a long cool down, even traited.

Shortbow itself is just not a great set up for a condition build anyway. Short sword and torch are the best combination. Ad traps to it and 6 of 10 slots have conditions attached to them. Plus with traits and pet you get your bleeds as well.

The irony is a ranger is probably the 4th best class with any bow, and since only 3 classes can use bows that not good. Rangers just happen to be able to use both short and long bows.

Basically you have a generic shortbow build and will probably stack a lot of condition damage armor. Frankly that doesnt make it a 'condition build'.

okay thanks. well do you have anymore efficient builds please

#5 rodarin

rodarin

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:05 PM

View PostGraphics, on 11 September 2012 - 07:59 PM, said:

okay thanks. well do you have anymore efficient builds please

depends on how you like to play and situations. I dont like to post builds because everyone has an opinion and usually they see a build and they like it if they use something similar or hate it if they don't.

Like I said 0/30/20/20/0 is what I run most of the time with the chosen trait skills being sharpened edges, trappers expertise and trappers potency; vigorous renewal, martial mastery; strength of spirit, natures bounty.

#6 Graphics

Graphics

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:15 PM

View Postrodarin, on 11 September 2012 - 09:05 PM, said:

depends on how you like to play and situations. I dont like to post builds because everyone has an opinion and usually they see a build and they like it if they use something similar or hate it if they don't.

Like I said 0/30/20/20/0 is what I run most of the time with the chosen trait skills being sharpened edges, trappers expertise and trappers potency; vigorous renewal, martial mastery; strength of spirit, natures bounty.

kk cool thanks m8 ill give that a go

#7 Bear Storm

Bear Storm

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:09 AM

This is fun.

http://gw2skills.net...9EomCNZe2DD5oHB

#8 Graphics

Graphics

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:37 AM

View PostBear Storm, on 13 September 2012 - 01:09 AM, said:

cool thx

#9 Gags

Gags

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LQD]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:47 AM

I'm currently doing a lot of solo PVE farming in 80 zones and this is my power/precision build. Currenting wearing full explorer rare gear and weapons - Power/Precision/Magic Find. Find it works well. Yeah can be a bit squishy, but with the signet i can get 5 sec of invulnerability and also using the Sylvari racial I can also get another 3 sec plus the turrets that spawn quite often distract the mobs.

#10 Misaligned

Misaligned

Fahrar Cub

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

This is what I'm using and I just mow through mobs with very little effort. I can't imagine it gets much easier than this. Use 2 pets of the same type and swap them on cooldown. I pretty much use Quickening Zephyr and Rampage as One on cooldown as well.

I grossly underestimated the power of quickness. It's awesome.

http://gw2skills.net...oySljKJVLCGEsFB

I should point out I mostly use shortbow and only swap to axe/horn for traveling and the occasional AoE.

Edited by Misaligned, 13 September 2012 - 04:43 PM.

#11 MrKayako

MrKayako

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:01 PM

First Misaligned Companion's might sucks, a lot its a 1 second buff.

THen the noxxic build is good, a few things a don't aggree with but it's quite good. The traps play on conditions a lot, not a lot of raw damage, so it's nice for area fights and awesome in Pvp but in solo PvE or dungeon not that great. I agree with the F2 ability being squemish so better take the Mighty Swap tho. 5 points in beastmastery is for me a minimum, quickness is great for EVERYTHING, you rez faster, you attack faster, you recuparate from stun, immobilized faster, you do everything faster and when you put 15 point in BM it's a 2 second quickness every 15 seconds which is great considering the 4 second quickness without the possibility of healing is in a 60 (48 with the 20% less CD trait) Cooldown. The five points in beatsmastery are better than the quickness utility so....

And conditions builds they are like 4 conditions who does damage, poison burn, bleed, confusion and only bleed and confusion can stack in intesity, when I put 20+ bleed on a mob in solo PvE it makes better damage than 4 conditions with 1 stack. But anyway, noxxic build are good, not great something to tweak to get better damage imo but the bases are very good.

Edited by MrKayako, 13 September 2012 - 08:17 PM.

#12 Wombatz

Wombatz

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:07 PM

View Postrodarin, on 11 September 2012 - 07:13 PM, said:

Well, personally I do not really care if it is only "one" condition when the enemy has 23 stacks of bleed, which is really not a problem with the build designed for that. Granted, that build and playstyle won't do a whole lot of other stuff besides causing bleed, but the damage is superb.

#13 rodarin

rodarin

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:01 AM

View PostWombatz, on 13 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

Well, personally I do not really care if it is only "one" condition when the enemy has 23 stacks of bleed, which is really not a problem with the build designed for that. Granted, that build and playstyle won't do a whole lot of other stuff besides causing bleed, but the damage is superb.

with a 'good' build the person wouldnt get to 3 or 4 bleeds they would already be dead. the issue i have is EVERY ranger it seems focuses on bleeds. therefore it is overkill, your bleed isnt really doing anything. Fire, poison, a couple cripples for good measure. Those mean a little bit. Burning is the ultimate condition anyway. Most have a massive initial damage output along with a (short) extremely effective burn. Although traited and with a few burn skills on your bar you can keep someone burning 10 seconds, which is generally longer than it needs to to kill them, assuming they aren't cleansed of one of them or even two.

Like I said I am not even condition focused or stacked on my gear but my bonfire (torch skill) does a 4488 burn x 2, and 440 x8 and throw torch does a 6 second burn for 3366. Plus I think it gets another tick or two for the trait which doesnt show in the mouse over. Which if at 8 seconds is the same as bonfire at 4488.

By comparison a 3 second short bow bleed is 275 damage. So my fire is doing 561 damage a second, bleed is doing 92, yeah they stack, but thats 6 shots with a bow IF youre in position versus 2 key strokes. That's not counting the evade maneuver that also starts a 6 second poison on them.

Obviously with that stuff youre up close and personal and something rangers might not like, but damage comparison isnt even close.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ranger, shortbow, condition, precision, pve, builds, critical

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users