Mesmer here, playing it from the start. What is even more sad then how broken is the mesmer, is the refusal of the mesmer community to admit that it's OP.
Moa - yes, it can be dodge, blocked or whatever. The fact is that when it lands it's an almost guaranteed win for the mesmer. You can't say the same thing about Elementalist's pet, Engineer's Supply Drop , Ranger's Rampage as One or Warrior's signet. The only other elite changing the course of a 1v1 or 2v2 this much i think is Thieves Guild.
Time Warp - Quickness is absurd. Most of the community agrees and wish for the removal of it. The classes that get Quickness get a drawback( 50% more damage, no heal, no endurance ) and it is still considered broken. Yet there is the mesmer, with an AoE 10s buff with no drawback. How is this fine at all ?
Portal - Trebuchet repair, having mesmer and his buddies in 2 places at once, it's all been said before. Don't even get me started on teams with dual mesmer using portals.
I have been playing only shatter spec the past month and it's just very strong. The damage from mind wrack: 5-7k is quite the norm + it's aoe. Got 2 shatter mesmers there? You literally destroy teams with mind wrack.
The combination of Leap+Immobilize and Blurred Frenzy ( immune 2s ) is way too easy to land . It's simply a muuch better version of 100blades. Insert there Mind Wrack and you have 10k damage pretty much all the time on decent toughness targets ( heavy training golem).. And we can do it every 10s.
The only classes that can resist our blurred frenzy+mind wrack combos are other mesmers, bunkers , very good tanky necros&engis and some shortbow thieves.
Combine this with the good survability of the mesmer ( staff leap, decoy, distortion, blurred frenzy, chaos armor ) and you have an amazing class that is pretty much a MUST for tPVP.
I honestly hope for mesmer nerfs ( especially to Portal & Time Warp )!
Final point - just going to leave you with this topic here: https://forum-en.gui...Some-Statistics . Check the image at the end of the first post. Pretty much sums it all up.
1) moa morph: yes I get this. People have been complaining about it since the dawn of time. And I disagree with you about the fact that once its used it is a instant win. Although it does mean that you are vulnerable for 10 secs. You will not be burst down in that time unless you are running a glass cannon build. I have used it on. Good players. And although I take a good chunk of health. He still recovers after the moa ends. Simply because most of his skills are recharged by then. On top of that pvp is a team game. Meaning that moa morph is not a aoe and hence if there are 2 or more people moa only can stall a fight for 10 secs. But more importantly it is not impossible to dodge. He'll I think every1/3 times I use moa morph someone will dodge it. Assuming he is a good player. Hay i have even dodged it on my gaurdian,warrior,and necro. so really stop complaining about the fact that it hurts when it lands. so do granades. and be sorry for yourself for not getting out of the way. Moa morph is OP. but only when compared to other elites.
2) time warp: again a little bit of complaint since the dawn of time. Though not as much as moa morph. Really I think that this is not OP. simply because of the cool down. as well as the fact that it can still be countered(stun, knock back, daze) really if you have none of those available your build sucks. On top of that this is 1 of only 2 ways that the mesmer can get quickness(sigil,time w). And if the mesmer wants to use time warp. Something that has one of the longest cool downs in the game. Then let him.
3) your shatter build. I agree that if you build right you can get some insane shatter damage. Though this does result in weakness in other areas. And Although I agree that a team of shatter Mesmers can be good. It will not kill a team. On top of that I don't think that there will ever be that many games with 2 shatter Mesmers on the same team. Simply because that build is week compared to other builds.
4) portal: this is not OP. it takes up one of the utility skills and has a 60 sec cool down. Which is huge for utility. On top of that it does not do damage and is simply a tactic that can be used for the team. If you feel frustrated by the fact that the mesmer keeps going back and forth know this. You are not suppose to hunt down ever red name you see. The objectives are the control points. So get your head out of your ass and stop complaining
5) the magic bullet, clone leap, clone swap, and blurred frenzy combo: although this is one of the best combos in the game. It is not OP. simply because you should have a break stun skil as well as a way to get rid of immobilize. On top of that when immobilized you can stil dodge. O. Top of that this wastes a lot of the Mesmers skills. Resulting in a weakness later in the fight assuming you had enough skill to dodge it.
I have played this game from most angles and I am not defending the Mesmers because I am one. But rather I have played from all to most shoes and am able to see clearly what is unfair. I am not like a warrior that complains that the mesmers are OP because I cannot beat them simply because I cannot understand them. You can beat them just as easily as every other class. Though you still have to take the time to understand the class. People think Mesmers are OP because they attack the mesmer(get a good amount of health) then they get confused by all the clones, and after they find the mesmer again. He is at full health because he used his heal. This gives you a sense that Mesmers are unstoppable . Which is not the case. I have beaten Mesmers with every class many times. Even after they use time warp or moa morph successfully on me. Why. Because I know their tactics. I also know their weaknesses. In other words I actually know the class. Unlike all of you. Go play mesmer for a week on pvp. Until you understand a mesmer as well as know how to counter it.
Edited by Adashio, 05 November 2012 - 10:41 AM.