• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Zenopheus

Zenopheus

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:29 AM

I've been waiting for GW2 support since the 5th to reset my password. When I go into the "Account Recovery" web page I get: "Failure: Password reset failed, please try again or contact support."  

I changed my password because it was too small but then I forgot it. I was fine for a few days because the client remembered it. But somehow the client forget it and now I'm screwed.

I see a lot of talk about blaming phishing emails that look a lot like password resets. Mine were from my own actions and were absolutely from anet. I'm starting to think this is all some huge login account bug in their system. Why else would they take so long to reset accounts? I'm sure there were 'hackers' in the beginning but afterwards its seems like its all there problem... I bet they brought the trading post devs in to fix the login accounts! lol That may explain a lot!

Are you waiting for a password reset also? Have any tips?

#2 Adrastos

Adrastos

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:03 AM

View PostZenopheus, on 12 September 2012 - 02:29 AM, said:

I've been waiting for GW2 support since the 5th to reset my password. When I go into the "Account Recovery" web page I get: "Failure: Password reset failed, please try again or contact support."  

I changed my password because it was too small but then I forgot it. I was fine for a few days because the client remembered it. But somehow the client forget it and now I'm screwed.

I see a lot of talk about blaming phishing emails that look a lot like password resets. Mine were from my own actions and were absolutely from anet. I'm starting to think this is all some huge login account bug in their system. Why else would they take so long to reset accounts? I'm sure there were 'hackers' in the beginning but afterwards its seems like its all there problem... I bet they brought the trading post devs in to fix the login accounts! lol That may explain a lot!

Are you waiting for a password reset also? Have any tips?

been waiting since the 1st... my account was stolen. Anets customer service is so far backed up and flat out worthless that it might just take a month to get your password reset. ive given up, and now im pretending to wait for a beta key in the mail. instead of a key it will be a customer service response... one of these days....ill play again...one day...

#3 projectyoyo

projectyoyo

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:28 PM

I can't login to the game i feel like we are having the same issue the server seems to have forgotten my password and I can't change anything
man is this ever frustrating
its what happens everytime I pay for a game

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: password, reset, login

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users