• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 murasamune

murasamune

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:27 AM

it doesn't make any sense to sell cooking ingredients for 1copper more than they vendor for on the trading post.

stop filling the orders like this that people put up ! eventually they'll stop putting them up

#2 frozensinx

frozensinx

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:46 AM

Well its actually a good thing so people can actually get those ingrediants and use them, than vendering them and having no1 use em

#3 K0tY

K0tY

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 487 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DiL]
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:51 AM

View Postfrozensinx, on 12 September 2012 - 07:46 AM, said:

Well its actually a good thing so people can actually get those ingrediants and use them, than vendering them and having no1 use em

Actually no, you get robed. Rather make that 2 more coppers out of it, than get downpriced, by a vendor.

#4 Sheepski

Sheepski

Seraph Guardian

• Moderators
  • 1240 posts
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:54 AM

Well those people will actually be losing money when you take into account the listing fee and the 10% tax on sale price. Tbh it's their own fault but yeah it's annoying cos nothing can ever be sold with people like that...

Question, feedback or issue? Pm me!

#5 Nex

Nex

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Guild Tag:[uA]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:55 AM

View Postmurasamune, on 12 September 2012 - 07:27 AM, said:

it doesn't make any sense to sell cooking ingredients for 1copper more than they vendor for on the trading post.

stop filling the orders like this that people put up ! eventually they'll stop putting them up

Yeah, it's hilarious when I see posts and buy orders for items that are priced just 1c over the vendor price. I mean, who really falls for that trap? Apparently too many since it's still prevalent after so many days of the TP being up. Bet the ones putting up the buy orders are laughing all the way to the bank.

#6 Kaguchan

Kaguchan

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:44 AM

View PostNex, on 12 September 2012 - 07:55 AM, said:

who really falls for that trap?

Enough, and what "trap", its their own choice to sell it that cheap.

#7 Leriel

Leriel

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:09 AM

View PostNex, on 12 September 2012 - 07:55 AM, said:

Yeah, it's hilarious when I see posts and buy orders for items that are priced just 1c over the vendor price. I mean, who really falls for that trap? Apparently too many since it's still prevalent after so many days of the TP being up. Bet the ones putting up the buy orders are laughing all the way to the bank.
selling something on trading post like that is a replacement for black lion merchant express

#8 Nex

Nex

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Guild Tag:[uA]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:19 PM

View PostLeriel, on 12 September 2012 - 09:09 AM, said:

selling something on trading post like that is a replacement for black lion merchant express

Except you aren't getting even the vendor price. You pay a listing fee to get it up, and then if it does sell, the trading post takes a percentage cut of the sale (afaik it's 10%). So you've sold the item for an amount that's lower than even what a vendor would have given you. Grats I suppose? Especially when vendors are just strewn over the map like candy.

Edited by Nex, 12 September 2012 - 09:20 PM.

#9 roachsrealm

roachsrealm

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 441 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GOTH]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:39 PM

I have a solution to this problem.

buy all of them up.
resell them at a higher price

After all, there are only ever so many for sale a once.

Be advised, you will need to purchase bank tabs for this.

#10 velourfog

velourfog

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:52 PM

Anet almost did too good of a job designing the TP.  Its so easy to use that even non-AH whores can list large quantities of items without knowing or caring what they're doing.  All they have to do is right click on their stack of 50 onions, hit sell on trading post, and select match lowest seller.

While it sucks for savvy auctioneers to not be able to make any real money off crafting mats, it's probably for the best.  This way everyone can level crafting without getting gouged on 100-250 level items like you do in WoW.  The rare stuff is still valuable, so that's where the real market is.

#11 NavyNoob

NavyNoob

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LS]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:04 PM

View Postroachsrealm, on 12 September 2012 - 09:39 PM, said:

I have a solution to this problem.

buy all of them up.
resell them at a higher price

After all, there are only ever so many for sale a once.

Be advised, you will need to purchase bank tabs for this.

Not gonna lie, I've done this on occasion and made some pretty good bank from it.  Works best with bolts of cloth as they will sometimes be dumped on the market far below other sellers.  However, given that you can pretty much sell stuff immediately to people with buy orders it seems somewhat silly to even list the items at such a low cost.

#12 Leriel

Leriel

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:22 PM

View PostNex, on 12 September 2012 - 09:19 PM, said:

Except you aren't getting even the vendor price. You pay a listing fee to get it up, and then if it does sell, the trading post takes a percentage cut of the sale (afaik it's 10%). So you've sold the item for an amount that's lower than even what a vendor would have given you. Grats I suppose? Especially when vendors are just strewn over the map like candy.
You still managed not to use black lion merchant express this way. If you think of it, that is some nice save in gems

#13 Matuno

Matuno

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 9 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FiX]
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:57 PM

The only reason it happens is because you can't put things up below the vendor price, and people do it to clean up their inventory while on the field.

Disable the ability to put up items for sale when not at a trading post and voilá, problem fixed.

Edited by Matuno, 12 September 2012 - 11:57 PM.

#14 Lootifer

Lootifer

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:21 AM

View PostMatuno, on 12 September 2012 - 11:57 PM, said:

The only reason it happens is because you can't put things up below the vendor price, and people do it to clean up their inventory while on the field.

Disable the ability to put up items for sale when not at a trading post and voilá, problem fixed.
A clean solution; but the QQ... can you imagine it?

#15 Leriel

Leriel

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:36 AM

View PostMatuno, on 12 September 2012 - 11:57 PM, said:

Fixed it there for you

#16 Corvindi

Corvindi

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1290 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:18 AM

I never fill orders for anything, but sellers are also listing prices too low.  If I want it out of my inventory, I go ahead and sell it.  If I can't make decent money off the blasted trading post, why do I care if anyone else does?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tradingpost, ah, makingthatskrill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users