44 replies to this topic

#31 Jonnie Law

Jonnie Law

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

View PostMcjimmytonic, on 03 October 2012 - 10:01 AM, said:

Nice build. Just what i'm looking for. One question though about it. Do you think taking out the points from Strength and putting them in Discipline to get the reduced weapon swap cooldown - sacrifising Beserker's Power for it of course to be okay? Or is Beserker's Power too important?

Using the weapon swap to constantly switch between Greatsword/Longbow so I get all benefits from both weapons mid-combat.

I've been running this same weapon setup up as I level my warrior, but I always put at least 15 points into discipline as I focus mostly on chaining my self produced combos and the 5 second weapon swap is crucial to that (plus it builds adrenaline with each swap).  I usually go for 20 points in disc because I like to pull a lot of mobs for some AoE deliciousness, but I tend to play while drinking and overdue it often, which is when the full rally on killing someone in Vengeance comes into play.

I highly recommend this build for leveling, though it is a bit of a bitch during dragon fights (I usually just buff people and dance around like an idiot for these).

#32 Raissouli

Raissouli

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:58 AM

Hi,
I am lvl 76 war, and using ur build until i reach lvl 80, My question is can I  use this build with MF gear to farm karma and gold in cursed shore? because i was thinking to make two armors, one like u suggest in the build and one with MF.
If not any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you

#33 Fimconte

Fimconte

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:32 AM

View PostJonnie Law, on 29 October 2012 - 08:37 PM, said:

I've been running this same weapon setup up as I level my warrior, but I always put at least 15 points into discipline as I focus mostly on chaining my self produced combos and the 5 second weapon swap is crucial to that (plus it builds adrenaline with each swap).  I usually go for 20 points in disc because I like to pull a lot of mobs for some AoE deliciousness, but I tend to play while drinking and overdue it often, which is when the full rally on killing someone in Vengeance comes into play.

I highly recommend this build for leveling, though it is a bit of a bitch during dragon fights (I usually just buff people and dance around like an idiot for these).
While Fast Hands is a very useful Minor Trait, I wouldn't pick it up when using a Greatsword, due to the fact that Greatsword F1 is quite weak (probably to compensate for the "useless" Fury buff it gives) and you're better off with not using it and keeping Berserker's Power active.
It's much better in a Axes+Longbow/Rifle spec. Combine with Adrenal Reserves and/or Furious for a F1 every 5 seconds.

As for 30 in Tactics, I prefer Improved Battle Standard, as the healing it provides is superior in a dungeon environment.

#34 Jonnie Law

Jonnie Law

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

View PostFimconte, on 02 November 2012 - 05:32 AM, said:

While Fast Hands is a very useful Minor Trait, I wouldn't pick it up when using a Greatsword, due to the fact that Greatsword F1 is quite weak (probably to compensate for the "useless" Fury buff it gives) and you're better off with not using it and keeping Berserker's Power active.

Sorry, I might be misunderstanding something, but I don't see how these are related.  I grab Fast Hands just so I can constantly switch back to LB to keep up a near permanent combo field.  I only use the GS F1 if it will kill the last mob, otherwise my adrenaline is used exclusively for the LB F1 combo field and the various perks I get from traits (9% crit from disc, 12% dam from str, extra regen from def).

Basically my rotation is this: fill up adrenaline > drop LB F1 > LB #3 for might (sometimes I throw in a stomp or banner for more might) > (if a vet) LB #5 > swap > GS #4 > GS #3.  Rinse and repeat.

Now if only they would do something with Brawn to make it more useful . . .

#35 d_fens

d_fens

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Guild Tag:[WAR]
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

View PostRaissouli, on 02 November 2012 - 03:58 AM, said:

Hi,
I am lvl 76 war, and using ur build until i reach lvl 80, My question is can I  use this build with MF gear to farm karma and gold in cursed shore? because i was thinking to make two armors, one like u suggest in the build and one with MF.
If not any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you
You have to be careful with this build and MF gear. Explorer's set is power/precision/MF, so no toughness. You'd be kinda squishy...

#36 Brand

Brand

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 490 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DBVG]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

I think what he was saying is that you're better off never using your burst when a GS is your main weapon, unless you really need to (LB to AoE a large group) this is because the 2 traits for max adrenaline and Healing Surge work best and synergize greatly with the GS, if you are using the adrenaline you get then you are cutting their potential in half.

However it is not a fact that IBS works better in a dungeon scenario, in fact VS with 3 shouts even at 0 HP heals ~54% more than IBS Regen. Sure, with IBS you are only "Sacrificing one utility slot" but the fact of the matter is your other two utilities will almost definitely be shouts, and you will grab LC. Not to mention that instant burst heal is highly demanded and almost no other classes can bring it.

#37 HollowDean

HollowDean

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

View PostWon _Doe, on 13 September 2012 - 12:24 AM, said:

Deep Strikes (+40 precision for unused sigs) is pretty strong at lower levels. You'll wanna drop it around the 30-40 range.
So after lvl 40 you don't "need" this anymore?
And is "On My Mark" better than "Endure Pain"?

#38 typographie

typographie

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2011 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LAW]

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

View PostHollowDean, on 14 November 2012 - 04:18 PM, said:

So after lvl 40 you don't "need" this anymore?

The amount of critical strike chance you get per point of precision depends on your level. 200 Precision is a ton at level 25, but much less by level 40. Deep Strikes with five signets is still worth 27% crit chance at level 40, so I'd say its useful a little further than that.

At 50 it gives you 20% crit, which is the same as a Fury buff which warriors have plenty of access to. That's a good time to switch, imo.

Numbers from http://wiki.guildwar.../wiki/Precision

Edited by typographie, 15 November 2012 - 03:56 PM.

#39 Bluetalon_TOG

Bluetalon_TOG

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TOG]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:00 AM

Very close to what I use in WvW. Nice build.

#40 HollowDean

HollowDean

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

Hey! Is there any update for this build? I only ask cuz I haven't been around lately as much and I don't know if warriors got any updates?

#41 Brand

Brand

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:42 AM

View PostHollowDean, on 10 January 2013 - 09:17 PM, said:

Hey! Is there any update for this build? I only ask cuz I haven't been around lately as much and I don't know if warriors got any updates?
The build posted here is somewhat similar to Sonic Boon, which is updated all the time and current. I don't mean to ninja the thread, or advertize my build, but the builds are pretty similar and etc.

I don't think Yawz is around anymore to provide an answer or update, though. So feel free to look at Sonic Boon and try it out.
Here's a link to the thread: http://www.guildwars...out-greatsword/

Enjoy and good luck.

#42 Fernar

Fernar

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

View PostBrand, on 11 January 2013 - 03:42 AM, said:

The build posted here is somewhat similar to Sonic Boon, which is updated all the time and current. I don't mean to ninja the thread, or advertize my build, but the builds are pretty similar and etc.

I don't think Yawz is around anymore to provide an answer or update, though. So feel free to look at Sonic Boon and try it out.

Enjoy and good luck.

You dont mean to advertise your thread? Honestly?!

You plug close to every build thread that even mentions a greatsword with your Sonic Boon build xD

Fernar.

#43 Brand

Brand

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

View PostFernar, on 11 January 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

You dont mean to advertise your thread? Honestly?!

You plug close to every build thread that even mentions a greatsword with your Sonic Boon build xD

Fernar.
Let me just ask you this, does it really look like my build needs advertising? No, it doesn't. I plugged my thread because the builds are similar, except mine is updated and efficient. The poster was looking for an updated version of this build, and Sonic Boon works pretty well to fill that criteria. If you don't like it, don't click on the link. The post was made for that user specifically, or any user in the future looking for an updated version. If you're not looking for an updated version of this build, then don't click the link.

Stop pretending that I'm forcing you or anyone else to click on it. If people want the information, they will click. If they don't they won't click and will go on their way. Then again there are always those who are going to complain, and post off topic insults for absolutely no reason.

Try and keep the thread on topic, rather than trying to insult me personally, thanks.

Good day.

Edited by Brand, 11 January 2013 - 10:50 PM.

#44 HollowDean

HollowDean

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

View PostBrand, on 11 January 2013 - 03:42 AM, said:

Enjoy and good luck.
Thank you for the link! I will definitely take a look at it!

#45 Brand

Brand

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:23 AM

View PostHollowDean, on 12 January 2013 - 10:06 AM, said:

Thank you for the link! I will definitely take a look at it!
No problem man ^^ Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users