101 replies to this topic

#91 Invoky

Invoky

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:02 AM

View PostRrafaz, on 26 November 2012 - 06:51 AM, said:

Sacrificing what, exactly? You don't sacrifice survivability, because if you get in trouble, you can disengage. I think you yourself said this in a previous post.... Where was it? Oh yes:

So again. Sacrificing what, exactly?

Obvious hes wrong, any player that play tpvp usually an thf alt or at least know how to counter a thf. BS thf is the easiest build to get kill compare to other thf build.

#92 Remasti

Remasti

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

I would love to see some different viable build that is more interesting.This is probably the best setup atm btw

#93 Touche

Touche

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

View PostRrafaz, on 26 November 2012 - 06:51 AM, said:

Sacrificing what, exactly? You don't sacrifice survivability, because if you get in trouble, you can disengage. I think you yourself said this in a previous post.... Where was it? Oh yes:

So again. Sacrificing what, exactly?

:lol:  Exactly. So many thieves say "Oh but we're glass cannons we have low survivability so its okay if we can kill you in 3 seconds." I've never heard such bullshit before in my life. :rolleyes:

#94 MrForz

MrForz

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 416 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[Jar]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

View PostInvoky, on 26 November 2012 - 08:02 AM, said:

Obvious hes wrong, any player that play tpvp usually an thf alt or at least know how to counter a thf. BS thf is the easiest build to get kill compare to other thf build.

Countering is one thing, catching the Thief after his failure is another. And I really push on that second thing.

#95 maxwolfie

maxwolfie

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:32 AM

I can't really afford any of the PvP gear that's in the video.

What are my next best options? For Wvw/dungeon/PvE mix (mainly WvW and dungeons)

I.e. what prefix weapons and armor from TP?

Edited by maxwolfie, 27 November 2012 - 12:40 AM.

#96 D3THRONE

D3THRONE

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:56 AM

Can someone post the link of the said video that the thread starter is talking about? Also, i'm kinda confuse about the sequence in pulling off the combos, can someone post a simple and detailed sequence in executing this burst backstab...sorry noob here, thanks!

#97 Rrafaz

Rrafaz

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SF]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:42 AM

View PostD3THRONE, on 27 November 2012 - 07:56 AM, said:

Can someone post the link of the said video that the thread starter is talking about? Also, i'm kinda confuse about the sequence in pulling off the combos, can someone post a simple and detailed sequence in executing this burst backstab...sorry noob here, thanks!

Assassin's signet -> cloak and dagger -> (DURING CAST, THIS IS ESSENTIAL.) Steal, you'll be in stealth at this point, -> Backstab

The whole combo busts out in about 1 second. Ridiculously OP, have fun while you can.

#98 D3THRONE

D3THRONE

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

Hi, Rrafaz

Thank you so much for your explanation....i'm just wondering though, does the stats from my 2nd set of weapons addup to my main stats? I noticed that there seems to be no changes in my stats when equipping 2nd set of weapons, thanks a lot for the info =)...

Edited by D3THRONE, 28 November 2012 - 01:34 PM.

#99 Jinzu Zentharin

Jinzu Zentharin

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:12 AM

I'm so sorry guys for my ignorance on this post. I never expected that my main post would lose my video, though I should've updated the link to the build sooner.

Reminder, the build and the video were just to showcase how the build worked. There are alternative builds that give you a bit more survivability, such as 25/30/0/0/15, allowing more initiative, and swapping out haste for shadow refuge, etc.. This was just a base for all to adjust to their needs.

Again, sorry about the hiatus. I've levelled a warrior and a necro to 80 since I made this, and have been focusing on pve, which still doesn't excuse my absense and lack of keeping this post at least somewhat updated.

#100 mofogie

mofogie

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

this is a really insightful vid on how much burst is possible.  However my question is,when cooldowns are not ready, are you basically just waiting, or staying as unnoticeable as possible?   it's def great taking someone out super fast, but being not so useful for 40-50 seconds doesnt sound appealing

#101 Jinzu Zentharin

Jinzu Zentharin

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

View Postmofogie, on 07 December 2012 - 12:51 PM, said:

this is a really insightful vid on how much burst is possible.  However my question is,when cooldowns are not ready, are you basically just waiting, or staying as unnoticeable as possible?   it's def great taking someone out super fast, but being not so useful for 40-50 seconds doesnt sound appealing

For the other 40-50 seconds, you need to play conservative, ie. keeping your distance with the shortbow.

#102 mofogie

mofogie

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:55 AM

Jinzu gotta say thanks.  your build was an inspiration, i modified it a bit for my playstyle but most of the credit goes to you for pushing the boundaries of hte burst.  I don't use this in sPvP, but it is very deadly in WvW.  WvW is so different, and people get away by running to their allies, but with these instant kills, (and finishers), they stand no chance.  Rather than downing players and them escaping, this kinda build will almost guarantee kills every minute or so.  

When my CDs are down, I either wait, or switch to sword/pistol with double Sigil of Rage, for non-cooldown based burst and stunlock for my World.   Between D/D and S/P, i'm averaging maybe 1.5 kills per minute, which is alot in WvW.  

plus the scare factor, assassinating someone in a crowd of 50, and escaping every time with shadowstep... can see the degradation in morale on the other side.

so hats off to you thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users