7 replies to this topic

#1 sc2071

sc2071

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:44 PM

Hi,

I'm currently using a Razer Abyssus, fairly standard 3-button mouse.  I'm a fingertip grip gamer, I would think I have average (or slightly above) sized hands.

As much as I try using the keyboard for skills, I find myself clicking too often.  In WoW and GW1 I could get away with this.  But with all the movement in GW2, I'm finding it more difficult. I'd like to get a new mouse, but having a hard time deciding what will work best given my fingertip grip style (using my thumb and pinky to move the mouse with my wrist).

The Razer Naga Expert 2012 looks like it might be a winner, since it offers different grip options.  So, I'm hoping one of them is really optimized for my grip style.

I've tried a Logitech G300 which is really nice with all the buttons being on the top, but the mouse was just too small to grip properly.  Don't know anybody else placing the extra buttons on the top like this.

Finally, I could go with a more standard gaming mouse, like the Steelseries Sensei RAW.  But as it appears to only add 2 more usable buttons (as it's an ambidextrous design), I'm not sure it would give me any real advantage for GW2 or MMOs in general.

Any opinions or advice from other fingertip grippers out there?

Thanks!

Edited by sc2071, 13 September 2012 - 02:44 PM.

#2 Mafields

Mafields

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:47 PM

i have the orginal Steelseries wow mouse and that new one http://steelseries.c...mo-gaming-mouse looks promising

#3 cidbahamut

cidbahamut

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:27 PM

I love my Logitech G600 to death, but don't let anyone recommend it to you. It's a palm-grip mouse if ever there was one, so if you're dead set on fingertip grip, steer clear of it.

#4 sc2071

sc2071

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:12 PM

I guess I'm hoping hear from a fellow fingertip gripper with the Razer Nage Expert 2012 mouse, to find out how well it performs... or if it just isn't ideal.

#5 sc2071

sc2071

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:43 PM

Well, I bought a Corsair M90 MMO mouse... and swifty put it on eBay. The number one complaint about this mouse is the side buttons are difficult to press, but some people love it. So, I thought to give it a try. Damn, they were so right. Very difficult to press, especially if you use the fingertip grip as I do and aren't use to side buttons at all. Also, you really only have one spot to put your thumb, and it ain't too comfortable for a fingertip grip. Well, I got half my money back... another expensive lesson in mouse ergonomics for me.

#6 Treble

Treble

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2239 posts
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

I use the G300. I really love it. The top buttons are really easy to hit. I don't even have to lift my fingers off the left and right clicks, since the top buttons are designed to be pushed from the inner sides as well as the top. So I basically just shift my finger into the top button I want to use, which is doable even while pressing down the left or right clicks.

The mouse is pretty small, though, but I got used to it.

#7 snograt

snograt

rattus rattus

• Site Contributors
  • Curse Premium
  • 410 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[wiki]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

A hefty bump to this topic to give my thoughts on the Razer Naga Epic, which is (pretty much) the wireless version of the Expert sc2072 was tempted by.

Firstly, it's damned expensive. To justify this cost, it comes in a pretty box.

I was attracted to this mouse by its MMO pedigree, specifically the 12 side buttons just made for firing off that skill bar single handedly. Great, but you need to have a double-jointed thumb with the precision of an index finger. For me, the side buttons just don't work. It's not a matter of hitting the wrong one, its that they're so difficult to press at all.

It looks great - the color-cycling frippery looks really good and the responsiveness is all it should be.

Now, my major gripe. I'm not sure if there's a gap in my knowledge when it comes to wireless connectivity, but this really irks me. I game on a laptop, a kick-ass one, but a laptop nonetheless. This mouse depends on having its charging base-cum-Bluetooth receiver plugged in to a USB port. That, on a laptop, makes its wirelessness irrelevant.

All recent laptops come with Bluetooth capability as standard. Why can't my rig just "see" this mouse without the cradle being plugged in? My Logi G700 was the same, but that only required a micro dongle in the USB port.

Am I missing something? Am I really that dumb? Or is it just that way - Bluetooth devices MUST use their own receivers?

Tl;dr - expensive mouse for desktop users with prehensile thumbs.

#8 Virdiana Sovari

Virdiana Sovari

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Server:Gunnar’s Hold

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

I'm using good, old version of razer naga...altough it's not 2012 version they're almost same (same size). It's very good and i recommend to to anyone who wants to buy an mmo mouse. I've tried Steelseries Sensei too...and it's worse, much worse imo).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mouse, fingertip, mmo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users