List of things to do here:
- Add GW2DB Links so you can see a mouse-over when they become available
- Update Text, Research correct names of some items.
- Write more details on Dungeon Gifts
- We need more data on the level range the weapons used to create the base need to have. For now we assume it's all items above 76+
- We need more Data on the drop locations of Cores and Lodestones
- We need to find out which 2nd Gift is used for the Torch. The Wiki is unclear on this.
- Help us find the correct names for some of the Exotics & Legendary. I already found 3 wrong names in the list that have changed towards the launch.
- WE CAN'T SAY FOR SURE HOW THE TORCH IS NAMED UNTIL SOMEBODY MAKES IT. THE BASE WEAPON SAYS RODGORT, THE RECIPE SAY'S DRAGON MAW.
- Kudzu (Longbow): http://i.imgur.com/GWz6A.jpg
- The Dreamer (Shortbow): http://i.imgur.com/ZH9kf.jpg
- Frostfang (Axe): http://i.imgur.com/1NI3O.jpg
- Incinerator (Dagger): http://i.imgur.com/WqZsf.jpg
- The Minstrel (Focus): http://i.imgur.com/jge0O.jpg
- The Juggernaut (Hammer): http://i.imgur.com/wLuHp.jpg
- Maw of the Deep (Spear): http://i.imgur.com/DCw4W.jpg
- The Moot (Mace): http://i.imgur.com/DqBQu.jpg
- Quip (Pistol): http://i.imgur.com/7Flj2.jpg
- Predator (Rifle): http://i.imgur.com/Gmutu.jpg
- Meteorlogicus (Scepter): http://i.imgur.com/WZYt8.jpg
- The Flameseeker Prophecies (Shield): http://i.imgur.com/Y0Yhc.jpg
- Frenzy (Harpoon Gun): http://i.imgur.com/qT3pK.jpg
- The Bifrost (Staff): http://i.imgur.com/KjBYX.jpg
- Bolt (Sword): http://i.imgur.com/RvT5H.jpg
- Rodgorts (Torch): http://i.imgur.com/gFMyj.jpg
- Kraitkin (Trident): http://i.imgur.com/1IA0R.jpg
- Howler (Warhorn): http://i.imgur.com/U9swM.jpg
- Sunrise (Greatsword): http://i.imgur.com/ueANM.jpg
- Twilight (Greatsword): http://i.imgur.com/yC6K0.jpg
- Eternity? (Greatsword): http://i.imgur.com/aevfX.jpg
GUIDE BEGINS HERE!
If you need more Information on how to actually FARM the stuff for your Legendary (Gold, Karma, Mats) please check out this Guide: http://www.guildwars...egendary-guide/
Making Legendaries are a long process, which will devour roughly over 100g and 2 Million Karma. Not to mention your time. Some parts are made from crafting, others are obtained as loot, some are random, but pretty much all of them need to be thrown into the Mystic Forge. This thread is meant to walk you through the process step-by-step. So let's start...
Obtaining the Exotics
Each of the Legendaries has it's own exotic base weapon. These are always " ____ of Rage" items, because it's the default Superior Sigil. They can be obtained by throwing 4 rare/exotic weapons above level 76 (research ongoing) of the type you want to obtain into the Mystic Forge (4x Greatsword for Dusk or Dawn) and getting lucky. Or you might be able to obtain them as loot from events or enemies while being out in the world. Either way, you need to obtain the following specific items to craft your Legendary.
This is unconfirmed, but according to someone over at MMO-Champion you can use Mystic Forge Stones to substitute a exotic weapon.
- Staff - The Legend of Rage - Used for: The Bifrost
- Sword - Zap of Rage - Used for: Bolt
- Torch - Rodgort's Claw of Rage - Used for: Dragons Maw/Rodgort
- Shortbow - The Lover of Rage - Used for: The Dreamer
- Shield - The Chosen of Rage - Used for: The Flameseeker Prophecies
- Speargun - Rage of Rage - Used for: Frenzy
- Axe - Tooth of Frostfang of Rage - Used for: Frostfang
- Warhorn - Howl of Rage - Used for: Howler
- Dagger - Spark of Rage - Used for: Incinerator
- Hammer - The Colossus of Rage - Used for: The Juggernaut
- Longbow - Leaf of Kudzu of Rage - Used for: Kudzu
- Trident - Venom of Rage - Used for: Kraitkin
- Spear - Maw of Rage - Used for: Maw of the Deep
- Scepter - Storm of Rage - Used for: Meteorlogicus
- Focus - The Bard of Rage - Used for: The Minstrel
- Mace - The Energizer of Rage - Used for: Moot
- Rifle - The Hunter of Rage - Used for: The Predator
- Pistol - Chaos Gun of Rage - Used for: Quip
- Greatsword - Dawn of Rage - Used for: Sunrise
- Greatsword - Dusk of Rage - Used for: Twilight
Depending on what Legendary you are crafting, you will have to create specific Gifts. These are related to different Crafting Skills. Gifts are Account-Bound, so buying them on the Trading Post is impossible. The Recipes for these gifts are sold by Miyani in Lion's Arch. You can find her next to the Mystic Forge. The list here will link to the Wiki, where you can see what you need. AT THIS TIME NOT ALL WIKI ENTIRES MAY BE CORRECT, SO PLEASE TAKE CARE! The Gifts are used as part of the final 3 components you will make with the Mystic Forge later on.
Legendaries and which Gifts they need:
Just click on the items, it will take you to GW2DB and show you which profession makes which Gift.
- Staff - The Bifrost = Gift of Color & Gift of Energy
- Sword - Bolt = Gift of Metal & Gift of Lightning
- Torch - Dragons Maw/Rodgort = Gift of Wood & ?
- Shortbow - The Dreamer = Gift of Wood & Unicorn Statue
- Shield - The Flameseeker Prophecies = Gift of Metal & Gift of History
- Speargun - Frenzy = Gift of Wood & Gift of Water
- Axe - Frostfang = Gift of Metal & Gift of Ice
- Warhorn - Howler = Gift of Wood & Wolf Statue
- Dagger - Incinerator = Gift of Metal & Vial of Liquid Flame
- Hammer - The Juggernaut = Gift of Metal & Vial of Qucksilver
- Longbow - Kudzu = Gift of Wood & Gift of Nature
- Trident - Kraitkin = Gift of Energy & Eel Statue
- Spear - Maw of the Deep = Gift of Metal & Shark Statue
- Scepter - Meteorlogicus = Gift of Energy & Gift of Weather
- Focus - The Minstrel = Gift of Energy & Gift of Music
- Mace - Moot = Gift of Metal & Gift of Entertainment
- Rifle - The Predator = Gift of Wood & Gift of Stealth
- Pistol - Quip = Gift of Wood & Gift of Entertainment
- Greatsword - Sunrise = Gift of Metal & Gift of Light
- Greatsword - Twilight = Gift of Metal & Gift of Darkness
Lodestones used for crafting weapon-specific Gifts drop from high level Elementals and the following Dungeons (research ongoing):
Twilight Arbor - Onyx Lodestone
Citadel of Flame - Molten Lodestone
Honor of the Waves - Glacial Lodestone
Crucible of Eternity - Charged Lodestone
Arah - Corrupted Lodestone
Sorrow's Embrace - Destroyer Lodestone
You can also make them in the Mystic Forge if you have Cores (1 Tier below Lodestones):
2x Core + 1x Crystal + 1x Bottle of Elonian wine + 1x Pile of Crystalline Dust
You can obtain Bottle of Elonian Wine from Miyani by the Mystic Forge for 25 silver. She also sells Crystals for 3 Skill points.
How to make/obtain Dungeon Gifts:
Each of the weapon specific gifts needs a specific Dungeon item. Since I don't have the time right now to update this section, just let me tell you the quick version.
You can buy a Dungeon Gift from the Vendors in LA that also sell the armor. Each costs 500 Tokens from their respective Dungeons. Check the Recipe you have bought for what you need.
Ascalonian Catacombs - Gift of Ascalon: Twilight, Sunrise, Bolt, The Chosen
Arah - Gift of Zhaitan: Bitfrost, Maw of the Deep
Twilight Arbor - Gift of Thorns: The Dreamer, Howler, Kudzu
Honor the Waves - Gift of the Sanctuary: Frenzy, Frostfang
Citadel of Flame - Gift of Baelfire: Incinerator
Sorrow's Embrace - Gift of Forgeman: The Juggernaut, Kraitkin
Caudecus's Manor - Gift of Nobleman: The Minstrel, Quip, The Moot
Crucible of Eternity - Gift of Knowledge: Predator, Meteorlogicus
Gift of Darkness & Gift of Light both need Gift of Ascalon to be crafted.
Mystic Forge Gifts & Components
To obtain your Legendary, you will need to use the Mystic Forge to combine a great many things. While none of the components are actually "easy" to obtain, I will still try to list them in the order in which you can most likely obtain them.
Gift of Mastery
The first component for a Legendary is obtained by adding the following materials into the Mystic Forge:
Bloodstone Shard + 250x Obsidian Shard + Gift of Exploration + Gift of Battle
Let's start with the Bloodstone Shard[s, since it's easy. You can obtain this from Miyani right next to the Forge for 200 Skill points.
Obsidian Shard are obtained from Tactician Deathstrider at the Temple of Balthazar in Straits of Devastation
for 2100 Karma each. So you better bring those 525000 Karma with you.
2 Gifts of Exploration is obtained by reaching 100% World Completion. So get exploring!
Gift of Battle is obtained from any Weaponsmith in the WvW area. It will cost you 500 Badges of honor - so better start the queue, if your realm is full.
Congratulation, you are now one step closer to your Legendary.
Gift of Fortune
The second component for a Legendary is obtained by adding the following materials into the Mystic Forge:
77x Mystic Clover + 250x Globs of Ectoplasm + Gift of Magic + Gift of Might
Mystic Clover are made in the Mystic Forge. They are a rare component obtained when using the T6 Crafting Recipe (yields 20-50 T6 Mats or 10 Clovers). KEEP THOSE T6 MATS!
The recipe is:
10 Obsidian Shards + 10 Mystic Coins + 10 Ectos + 10 Crystals
You already know where to get Obsidian Shards from the 1st Component.
5 Crystals can be bought from Miyani for 3 Skill points.
Mystic Coins are rewarded for Daily/Monthly Achievements, you should know this by now.
Globs of Ectoplasm are crafting Materials, gained from salvaging 70+ rare/exotic items with at least a Master's Salvage Kit, probably better to get some Mystic Salvage Kits for this
1x Glob of Ectoplasm + 6x Philosopher's stone + 1x Obsidian Shard + 1x Mystic Coin = 1-3 T6 or a Mystic Clover
Now, all those attempts to get the Mystic Clover you need should've left you win hundred of T6 Crafting Mats. Which is good. Since you will need them now.
Gift of Magic is made from the Mystic Forge by throwing the following into it:
250x Vicious Fangs + 250x Armored Scale + 250x Vicious Claw+ 250x Ancient Bone
Gift of Might is made from the Mystic Forge by throwing the following into it:
250x Vial of Powerful Blood + 250x Powerful Venom Sac + 250x Elaborate Totem + 250x Pile of Crystalline Dust
Congratulations. You have now obtained your 2nd Component. And if you aren't broke yet, you will be soon.
Gift of <Insert Legendary Name>
You need specific Superior Sigil depending on what you want to craft, but they are most likely themed. Also the Mystic Forge won't accept any other Sigils than the one that works with the specific components you threw into it (as far as we know).
This Component needs:
Crafting Gift A + Crafting Gift B + 100x Icy Runestones + Superior Sigil of X.
Icy Runestones cost 1 gold each and can be bought after defeating the Claw of Jormag in Frostgorge Sound.
Now just throw all that stuff into the Mystic Forge after you have spend 100G on it and you can make a Gift of <Insert Legendary Name>.
Gift of Light + Gift of Metal + 100x Icy Runestones + Superior Sigil of Strength = Gift of Sunrise.
Legendaries and which Superior Sigils they need:
- Staff - The Bifrost = Superior Sigil of Nullification
- Sword - Bolt = Superior Sigil of Air
- Torch - Dragons Maw/Rodgort = Superior Sigil of Fire
- Shortbow - The Dreamer = Superior Sigil of Purity
- Shield - The Flameseeker Prophecies = Superior Sigil of Battle
- Speargun - Frenzy = Superior Sigil of Rage
- Axe - Frostfang = Superior Sigil of Ice
- Warhorn - Howler = Superior Sigil of Accuracy
- Dagger - Incinerator = Superior Sigil of Fire
- Hammer - The Juggernaut = Superior Sigil of Sanctuary
- Longbow - Kudzu = Superior Sigil of Conjuration
- Trident - Kraitkin = Superior Sigil of Venom
- Spear - Maw of the Deep = Superior Sigil of Agony
- Scepter - Meteorlogicus = Superior Sigil of Air
- Focus - Minstrel = Superior Sigil of Energy
- Mace - Moot = Superior Sigil of Energy
- Rifle - The Predator = Superior Sigil of Force
- Pistol - Quip = Superior Sigil of Stamnia
- Greatsword - Sunrise = Superior Sigil of Strength
- Greatsword - Twilight = Superior Sigil of Blood
Now just take your exotic base weapon and your components and throw them into the Forge.
Dawn + Gift of Sunrise + Component 2 + Component 3 = Sunrise
Congratulations! - you have now obtained your Legendary. And probably in more than a week! If you manage to make one in a week or less, Munkee will be forced by us all to give you a special price.
Don't forget to post your Legendary so we can drool at it.
Tentenhun and comments from reddit http://www.reddit.co..._makes_exotics/
The other thread and owner of thread here on GW2 guru (cant find link sorry)
Murky from Blackgate
Edited by Xaragoth, 06 October 2012 - 08:07 AM.