• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Traits and Skills - What do they actually DO?

trait traits skill skills tooltip

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ProfGast

ProfGast

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:52 AM

So having just dinged 80 on my warrior, I thought I'd start up this little resource for Warrior skills and traits.  Many times while levelling up the in-game tooltips and descriptions have been inadequate or just plain wrong and the wiki has not necessarily been much help either.  

I'm posting this up so we Warriors can check exactly what some of these skills do, or note bugs and incorrect tooltips.  I'll definitely work on testing but would appreciate input as well, and hope to keep this reference updated to reflect.  Note: this list is currently not anywhere close to complete, and definitely a work in progress.  Post any questions (or answers) to skill and traits and I'll try to investigate the ones I can.

So without further ado:

TRAITS
Strength -
Distracting Strike (VII):
Applies 3 stacks of confusion per interrupt, approximately 6 seconds? (will have to check time on confuse)

Arms -
Forceful Greatsword(X):
Adds 5 seconds of might on crit.

SKILLS
Endure Pain:
Prevents WEAPON damage for duration of stance.  Condition and falling damage still apply.

Battle Standard:
Rallies Downed allies in radius on cast.  Does not affect defeated allies. Refreshes Might, Fury and Swiftness every 2 seconds.  Fury and Swiftness durations set at 3s, Might duration set to 10s.  Can stack up to 4 Might at a time by itself.  Does *not* passively grant stability.

Items that Need Confirmation/Bugs that need checking:
Did not see any increase to Frenzy or Endure Pain durations with the trait "Sure Footed" slotted.
Need durations for boons granted by various traits, as well as damage% values for traits such as "Empowered" and "Stick and Move"
Battle Standard buffs do not appear to benefit from "Inspiring Banners" expanded range.

#2 barcode120x

barcode120x

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NVR]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:40 AM

Tbh something of this sort would most likely be found on the GW2 wiki. Sure, it's a bit more detailed, but IMO, if you really want to contribute, you should create an account at the GW2 wiki and add your work there. More people are going to look at a "wiki" that browse through the forums and the mods here don't exactly sticky threads (I've seen some important ones just die out).

Appreciate the effort though :cool:

#3 ProfGast

ProfGast

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:54 AM

I probably should get a wiki editing account true, but I figure people are more likely to ask questions here than on wiki, and this is mostly a stopgap until the wiki starts getting more updates.

#4 Won _Doe

Won _Doe

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:31 AM

View PostProfGast, on 15 September 2012 - 03:54 AM, said:

I probably should get a wiki editing account true, but I figure people are more likely to ask questions here than on wiki, and this is mostly a stopgap until the wiki starts getting more updates.

This wouldn't be a bad idea. After every skill that GW1 had to offer was explored/tested, you could find out so many random facts about them that you normally wouldn't know about, like secret properties etc on the wiki.

Edited by Won _Doe, 15 September 2012 - 04:31 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: trait, traits, skill, skills, tooltip

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users