• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 NitelL

NitelL

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:11 AM

A quick rant first: So after playing a lil' PvP, I'm guessing the e-sports part of the game have not been fully implemented yet. Understandably, the old GW had far more variety in terms of what 8v8 entails (Capture the flag/relic, King of the Hill, Kill-Everything, Kill the King, VoD...). Seeing that the rhetoric this time is even more e-sportish that the first GW, these should all return in due course?

Ok, so back on topic. The game is still fairly new, but even back in early days/weeks of GW1, we saw the emergence of tons of gimmicky builds (Air spike, Nec spike, Smite ball, Minion factory, Spirit spam, EoE). These relied on 'massive' team work and coordination. What's the current flavor of the month?

As I see it, seems like the 'balanced' build is the only way to go consisting of 2 bunkers (sit on the nodes, guardians or engineers), 2 roamers (run between the nodes, mobility classes thief/ele/mes) and 1 roamer/bunker (a more tanky roamer who can contest/hold the far node with the 2 roamers, warrior/mes). However, these builds tend to be really individualistic as all players are expected to run around alone and 'do their jobs'.

Has anyone seen any interesting team builds where the team needs to operate a particular way and is better than the sum of its parts?

No one's really trying it in 8v8 just cos it's so hard to put everyone in a game, but am wondering is anyone has seen/tried interesting team-oriented builds that can really change the meta.

Oh and if people think that the current format is just not suitable for the emergence of gimmicky builds...

Remember that the ol' smite ball was made for standing still and holding Halls. I'm guessing if someone can come up with a 2-3 split that holds 2 out of 3 nodes consistently, you win anyways.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: meta, builds, metagame

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users