Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
* - - - - 1 votes

09/14 Patch: Mesmer... wait for it... buffs.

mesmer greatsword patch

  • Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 zlipus

zlipus

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:01 PM

Greatsword rocks now, i don't feel like im being punished for using the auto attack anymore since its quite fast now. I honestly thought someone was giving me quickness when I first popped on a GS and started trying to aoe farm a little.

While i REALLY want #3 to be on the target and not an aimed aoe like it was during the BWE i'll take the VERY much improved speed of the ability.

All in all, GS is a great weapon again, now if they could do the same for scepter/torch.

#32 Nibiru23

Nibiru23

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

View PostBanker, on 15 September 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

iWarlock crits for 7k, iRogue goes way over 6k (DOWNED STATE...) iZerger 4k, iDuelist 3.5k + 0.5-1k bleed, and for me iSwordsman does about 4k and attacks very fast

And the problem with them is that you just pop em and they do all the work for you, as a condition built mesmer i have no way to take them down and keeping pressure on the actual mesmer.

i didnt check Iwarlock,  the others do around 3-4k dmg critical IF you use full power+precision, which means you are going to be SUPER squishy.

Yesterday i went Sorrow Embrace ( dungeon), foes there have high armor and high HP, you need good power / condition dmg and also good HP/ defense because they hit really hard.

#33 Banker

Banker

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 128 posts
  • Location:Finland

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:07 PM

View PostNibiru23, on 15 September 2012 - 03:48 PM, said:

i didnt check Iwarlock,  the others do around 3-4k dmg critical IF you use full power+precision, which means you are going to be SUPER squishy.

Yesterday i went Sorrow Embrace ( dungeon), foes there have high armor and high HP, you need good power / condition dmg and also good HP/ defense because they hit really hard.

Nope dont have to go super squishy. just pick the traits for illusion and phantasm dmg and then take defensive support skills. easy

#34 Nibiru23

Nibiru23

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:30 PM

View PostBanker, on 15 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

Nope dont have to go super squishy. just pick the traits for illusion and phantasm dmg and then take defensive support skills. easy

ofc you can still dream

#35 Banker

Banker

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 128 posts
  • Location:Finland

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:05 AM

View PostNibiru23, on 15 September 2012 - 10:30 PM, said:

ofc you can still dream

Are you seriously in so much denial that you cant see how strong mesmer is? Iv played since beta, played all classes for a considerable time and mesmer is by far the most complete package. Yes we take a ton of dmg but you rly shouldnt be taking that dmg, just take decoy and blink and no one will be able to touch you if you use distortion and blurred frenzy defensively. Meanwhile your phantasms will be pumping damage that can only be negated by the target swapping focus on them letting you once again recover and summon new ones in matter of seconds.

I just feel that mesmer's damage should be increased and hes phantasm's damage should be heavily decreased.

#36 Nibiru23

Nibiru23

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:05 AM

View PostBanker, on 16 September 2012 - 07:05 AM, said:

Are you seriously in so much denial that you cant see how strong mesmer is? Iv played since beta, played all classes for a considerable time and mesmer is by far the most complete package. Yes we take a ton of dmg but you rly shouldnt be taking that dmg, just take decoy and blink and no one will be able to touch you if you use distortion and blurred frenzy defensively. Meanwhile your phantasms will be pumping damage that can only be negated by the target swapping focus on them letting you once again recover and summon new ones in matter of seconds.

I just feel that mesmer's damage should be increased and hes phantasm's damage should be heavily decreased.

thats something i agree with you, but we have only 1 problem here: reduce phantasm dmg will promote condition dmg coz Iduelist can stack bleed easily.

#37 Banker

Banker

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 128 posts
  • Location:Finland

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:19 AM

View PostNibiru23, on 16 September 2012 - 10:05 AM, said:

thats something i agree with you, but we have only 1 problem here: reduce phantasm dmg will promote condition dmg coz Iduelist can stack bleed easily.

And thats a bad thing? I alrdy use duelist for the bleed on my condition build. The problem is that increasing mesmer's own damage would result in blurred frenzy being like hundred blades cos it hits quite hard as it is. So not the easiest class to balance. Another way to decrease phantasm dmg would be lowering their hp, so that you could kill them more easily (even as a condition build)

#38 Nibiru23

Nibiru23

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:28 PM

View PostBanker, on 16 September 2012 - 10:19 AM, said:

And thats a bad thing? I alrdy use duelist for the bleed on my condition build. The problem is that increasing mesmer's own damage would result in blurred frenzy being like hundred blades cos it hits quite hard as it is. So not the easiest class to balance. Another way to decrease phantasm dmg would be lowering their hp, so that you could kill them more easily (even as a condition build)

Phantasm HP seems ok to me, you may think they have great HP 1v1, but in a group fight they wont last long. About the Iduelist, i also use it for my condition build, well...most of the ppl speack about Iduelist and Iswordman, but the most OP of all is Iwarden ( with 20% reduced cooldown trait), it stacks bleed like crazy and it gives great defense.

Anet should start to think to separate PvE/ WvWvW from sPvP.

#39 Dixa

Dixa

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:54 PM

last i checked this was the pve board

how does any of the above relate to pve?

#40 LavaSquid

LavaSquid

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 452 posts
  • Location:Singapore
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[----]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:41 AM

Just spent my weekend on GS power build, love it. My Asura mesmer looks like a Jedi when fighting with GS!

#41 Banker

Banker

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 128 posts
  • Location:Finland

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:29 PM

View PostNibiru23, on 16 September 2012 - 06:28 PM, said:

Phantasm HP seems ok to me, you may think they have great HP 1v1, but in a group fight they wont last long. About the Iduelist, i also use it for my condition build, well...most of the ppl speack about Iduelist and Iswordman, but the most OP of all is Iwarden ( with 20% reduced cooldown trait), it stacks bleed like crazy and it gives great defense.

Anet should start to think to separate PvE/ WvWvW from sPvP.

The problem with warden is that only an idiot will stay on its area. I think it should be changed to ground targeted do you could use it tactically imo the worst iWarlock since it can crit insane ammounts (highest iv seen is 7.7k).

#42 Brazen_NL

Brazen_NL

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 111 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GG]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:50 PM

View PostBanker, on 17 September 2012 - 01:29 PM, said:

The problem with warden is that only an idiot will stay on its area.
Luckily, most NPCs in PVE are.





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mesmer, greatsword, patch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users