• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

WvW Shortbow: Berserker's, Valkrie's, or Rampagers?

world vs world shortbow power berserkers valkries rampagers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Floox

Floox

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Server:Darkhaven

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:16 AM

Hey guys,

First off, here's my base build (open for constructive criticism):

http://gw2skills.net...wxijDHJOrCGUsBB

I want to run a non-condition damaged Shortbow build, while alternating between longbow for siege defense, and axe/warhorn for roaming.

The only problem is my stat priorities.
I dont know if i should run Berserkers(Pow/Prec/CritDmg) or Valkries(Pow/Vit/CritDmg), possibly even Rampagers to stack some extra condition damage.

I already run a full berserker set on my Guardian and I feel a little bit too squishy. I know that berserkers on a ranger would have TONS of damage for WvW, but would I be TOO squishy?

Once again, I'm up for constructive feedback,
Thanks for your opinions.
Flux

#2 Danthin

Danthin

Asuran Acolyte

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 108 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RUIN]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:53 PM

I think if you primary focus is WvW berserker's is just to much of a glass cannon.  I see it as these three options:
  • Berserker's - Total glass cannon.. good for being in the zerg or medium sized groups
  • Valkrie's - Still good stat focus but the extra Vitality (which is the right stat to stack first) gives you more staying power.  Probably a better roamer and skirmisher choice
  • Solider (Pwr/Vit/Tough) - You can get close to this through the Karma gear drops in Orr.  This is what I currently run because it makes you be able to hold up against burst and is great for enemy territory supply train havoc wrecking and point defense.
I do have a set of Valkrie's though because I think eventually that is the compliment.  I think you need to look at armor, trinkets, runes as the 3 groups you mix and match to get to a nice balance.  I'm going with a balanced build of 2:1:1:2 ratio of Power-Precision-Vitality-Toughness as I think it supports the rangers Jack of All Trades type play style.
Winners and losers are largely differentiated by their way of thinking.

It means that if you’re thinking tend to be nearer to the Losers approach, it is possible for you to shift yourself back to the Winners way.

All you need is to be 100% honest with yourself, admit that some part of your life needs to be changed and work on it.

#3 DegX

DegX

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:11 AM

Hello,I use full berserker set and is to much...
Now I run 3 Berserker ( Helm - Coat - Pants ) and 3 Rampager ( Shoulders - Gloves - Boots ) but I really didn't decide yet about jewerly I think at Solider or Knight for this.
Most play WvW, occasional Dungeons and when need to defend at WvW put LB and in rest with SB + Axe/Warhorn

Traits:30/25/10/0/5

Work really great don't have problem, if someone know what jewerly are good for WvW please tell here.

Edited by DegX, 26 September 2012 - 06:12 AM.

#4 Encre

Encre

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RUN]
  • Server:Vizunah Square

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:11 PM

I have 2 berserker / 2 knight and 2 Valkyrie parts, seems to be doing fine :)

I also have 3 berserker and 2 toughness jewels (the beryl ones if i remember correctly)

With all that i'm not too far from a glass canon stats, but with extra toughness and vitality

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: world vs world, shortbow, power, berserkers, valkries, rampagers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users