Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[Easy]
  • Server:Gunnar’s Hold

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:05 PM

Hi guys,

Just wondering what you might think of this build. I imagine it can be handy in dungeon runs (at least the story mode).

I know that in this game you should avoid to focus on the healer role, but I wanted to give it a try.

So here's my healer/support build: http://gw2skills.net...NrNGbc2Yvxbj5GA

It's focused on giving allies regeneration through phantasms and burst heal through the use of mantras and weapon autoattacks (through sigils). Focus skills will also provide projectile reflection.

Damage will come mainly from stacking bleeding and a little bit from confusion.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Edited by Furio Black, 14 September 2012 - 06:08 PM.

#2 Lastchime

Lastchime

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:17 PM

Maybe consider looking into the Chaos line a little more rather than domination if survivability is an issue. That would shift it more towards control and support rather than damage and support though, it's a nice build though.

#3 Furio Black

Furio Black

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[Easy]
  • Server:Gunnar’s Hold

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:34 PM

View PostLastchime, on 14 September 2012 - 06:17 PM, said:

Maybe consider looking into the Chaos line a little more rather than domination if survivability is an issue. That would shift it more towards control and support rather than damage and support though, it's a nice build though.

Maybe something like this...http://gw2skills.net...NrNGbc2Yvxbj5GA

#4 Lastchime

Lastchime

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

View PostFurio Black, on 14 September 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

Maybe something like this...http://gw2skills.net...NrNGbc2Yvxbj5GA

Bingo, I've actually been rolling similar to that I just have a different taste in weapons, been having a lot of fun with:

http://gw2skills.net...NrNGbc2Yvxbj5GA

More heavy on control with way less support tho

#5 Skyro

Skyro

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:25 PM

Just so you are aware the interaction between Phantasmal Fury, Venegeful Images and Phantasmal Healing is wonky right now. If you have more than one of these traits only one of them seems to be active, or it pulses once and then no longer works, etc. Basically completely buggy/unreliable. So, for example, if you were going into the Chaos line to get Illusionary Membrane for synergy purposes you're going to be disappointed.

Now if you wanted to go support you're going at least 20 in Inspiration regardless so you basically have no choice in picking up Venegeful Images and Phantasmal Healing, but you don't need to compound your misery by adding Phantasmal Fury. I would replace it with Blade Training if you use Swords (not sure it might still be bugged to not work with OH sword skills, I have to retest this), or Protected Mantras if not (very underrated skill while spamming MoP).

I would also highly recommend Mender's Purity as it cleanses a condition on each trigger of MoR.

Mantra Mastery is not needed if you're only going to use MoR and MoP, since MoP only has a 1s recharge and a 2 sec recharge reduction on MoP is not worth the trait slot.

Also I feel if you're already going 20+ into Inspiration you already have more than enough durability to survive dungeons so you should focus on damage, so I would also consider going 30 in domination for Harmonious Mantras which will significantly increase the potency of MoP, MoR, and your damage in general (picking up Empowered Illusions and Greatsword Training along the way). I also swap in MoD a lot as well depending on the content, as trash mobs can often be harder than the bosses themselves and interrupting key abilities is really powerful (for example the flamethrower mobs in CoF explorable).

This is what I'm currently running:
http://gw2skills.net...NrNGbc2Yvxbj5GA

Basically using Mirror Blade and iBerserker on cooldown while recharging my mantras inbetween and trying to maintain 3 phantasm uptime, and swapping to Staff when I need to go defensive. It's nice to have a +healing staff for this build. After MoP the 2 utility skills I swap based on the encounters, which can be Null Field, MoD, Signet of Illusions, or Feedback.

#6 Lastchime

Lastchime

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:19 PM

Weird just tried that out on training dolls, retaliation is useless, only is on em for 10 secs, but it's a gimme anyhow to get the rest of the trait line.
Rregeneration has always pulsed since release pretty much, but it still grants the 2 sec protection on every recast, and yeah fury doesn't even show up.

So blade training on 1 and whatever else on 2 now for me, probably deceptive evasion cause it's rediculous, or maybe retaliation on block. Other interesting thing I just discovered and explains why sometimes my defender blows up....it covers your other illusions and clones too.

#7 Caedanne

Caedanne

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:55 AM

I do't have much I can add (though I'll probably be testing this build in my unending search for a playstyle that fits me like a glove), but I'd like to share a trick I've learned in another support build oriented thread: you can cast MoP and blow its charges while casting MoR, meaning you'll have a nice source of healing and damage at the same time!

#8 Kelthien

Kelthien

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:13 PM

I've been eyeing something like this for dungeon control/support

http://gw2skills.net...H5nUw8lj6R3tO3B

Key points:
  • Counterspell gives me a 9.5s cooldown blind (awesome!)
  • 2 traited Glamour skills give me reflection, condition removal, and AoE blinds on about 35s cooldowns
  • Phantasms give everyone regeneration and also give me Protection
  • Reflection from Feedback, Distortion, and both focus skills
  • 34.5s cooldown on Diversion, which is an AoE Daze
  • Reduced cooldowns on Focus and Staff maximize up-time for Focus reflections, chaos storm, and chaos armor
  • Signet of Illusions lets me 'charge up' on boons then pass them to my allies ever 45s
The idea is to reduce incoming damage as much as possible while providing minor support where I can. My multiple sources of reflection provide significant damage prevention against ranged attacks.  Blinds, distortion, dazes, and clones/phantasms help mitigate melee damage.  The AoE regen on a low cooldown helps support my allies for the damage that does get through

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mesmer, support, heal, build

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users