4 replies to this topic

#1 Philwill

Philwill

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:13 PM

so I've been running around with a Charr Warrior swapping between Sword & Shield/ Longbow.
I've been looking forward to the Elite skills and am now at the position where I could go for the bottom Tier of Elite Skills, for me these are Rampage and Charrzooka.
The only problem I have is that I hear an awful amount of negativity towards these two. Are any of them worth putting the points into?

Besides the GhostWolf thingy I've plumped for the Signet and the Banner and can't say I'm blown away by either of them but then maybe I haven't been in the proper situtations to really see their worth.

#2 Yawz

Yawz

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

everything besides banner & rage is shyte

#3 cidbahamut

cidbahamut

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:56 PM

Charzooka is awful. Spend your points on absolutely anything else. I was so disappointed it hurt.

#4 Morpe

Morpe

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Guild Tag:[oGt]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:26 PM

I say the same as Yawz. The only good skills are Signet of Rage and Battle Standard. The reason for this is because Signet of Rage gives swiftness, fury and might for 30 seconds, which is the best 3 stats an offensive warrior can get, and is good for a defensive one aswell for the extra damage. The Swiftness is of course equally good, not mattering what kind of traits/wep set you are running with.

The reason for Battle Standard being so good is because it ressurects people around you instantly once you pop it down (it's about a 1.5sec cast time on it, but it's usually not hard to get it up.) This can turn the tide in TPvP (and SPvP) battles. Same thing in World v World, if you are in a big fight you can get a lucky banner that can ress quiiite a few people and that really helps. I use both Signet of Rage and Battle Standard pretty much equally as much.

The reason for Rampage not being good is because the ability bar is changed. It does have some nice CC abilities, and a charge and 20sec stability, and increases your HP up to around 40k (Not sure if its % of your base health or something, but Ive tried with different amounts of HP and end up at around 40k). BUT you can't use your utility skills or healing skill, so its impossible to get conditions off (if you dont have team mates who does it for you) or get your HP up much. So if you are fighting versus something that can apply big amounts of conditions, as example condition thiefs, condition engineers and condition rangers, you will be forced to go out of Rampage for condition removal. I suggest not using this ability at all. And to be honest, the damage isnt that good in this form either, compared to what most weapon sets does.

As for the race-elite skills that you can use in PvE and WvW, I dont actually know. But those abilities I listed are the standard warrior elites so yeah.

Edited by Morpe, 14 September 2012 - 10:30 PM.

#5 Philwill

Philwill

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:36 AM

Thanks guys, I'm gonna stay the way that I am and save the skill points.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users