Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Best Classes for WvW


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 dylanmaster1

dylanmaster1

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:41 AM

Honestly, I do have to say WvW is by far the greatest implementation to Guild Wars by ArenaNet, but it is sided to certain classes, or people naturally like to mob.

Basically, I believe the best classes for WvW have to be Ranger, Warrior, Guardian, and Engineer (In some cases).

What I have seen in my 15 hours of WvW is Thieves, and Elementalist being face stomped by crowds of Warriors, Guardians and Rangers at the same time. In fact, I saw a thief that shadow stepped to a lone enemy bursted him to near death, but as soon as he got him low enough, his entire team beasted the thief back to Lions Arch. Also, when playing as a Elementalist meteor shower spams by multiple Elementalist may be efficient for 5-10 seconds, but Warriors with that crazy ass leap * them over extremely fast.

I believe, the Ranger may be a good in WvW because they have strong Ranged damage that only a Elementalist could match, but they are too busy being harrassed with their low survivability, where as a Ranger that takes use of his evade and barrage while staying in the mob of warriors can take out large groups at a time.

The Warrior has the power of numbers and strong survivability and can unleash disasterous bursts while taking damage like a beast.

Same with Guardians especially with the correct set of boons.

I could be wrong, but this is just my opinion.

#2 Red_Falcon

Red_Falcon

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2417 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:34 AM

There is no "best class" in GW2.
Every class is equally good on an equally good build.

#3 Shadowrose

Shadowrose

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 741 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:40 AM

View PostRed_Falcon, on 15 September 2012 - 01:34 AM, said:

There is no "best class" in GW2.
Every class is equally good on an equally good build.
Not true.

You can pretend that every single class is the epitome of balance, but you are only lying to yourself.

#4 Red_Falcon

Red_Falcon

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2417 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:51 AM

View PostShadowrose, on 15 September 2012 - 01:40 AM, said:

Not true.

You can pretend that every single class is the epitome of balance, but you are only lying to yourself.

This game's based on builds not classes.
Any class can shine on the right build, you just need to learn to build your character correctly.

#5 Ryden Lotus

Ryden Lotus

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 155 posts
  • Location:Washington
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:54 AM

View PostRed_Falcon, on 15 September 2012 - 01:51 AM, said:

This game's based on builds not classes.
Any class can shine on the right build, you just need to learn to build your character correctly.

Still, some classes excel more in areas than others. Elementalist is a very good WvW class due to it's AoEs. Classes like the ranger have difficulties hitting multiple targets.

#6 Red_Falcon

Red_Falcon

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2417 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:03 AM

View PostRyden Lotus, on 15 September 2012 - 01:54 AM, said:

Still, some classes excel more in areas than others. Elementalist is a very good WvW class due to it's AoEs. Classes like the ranger have difficulties hitting multiple targets.

True, but wvw isn't made of one area.

Ele can AoE in WvW, but Guardian can reflect/buff AoE, Warrior can AoE and spike, Ranger can AoE with throwable/traited traps and spike single targets or support, Thief can roam and apply blinds AoE, Engi can burst/support, Necro can debuff/support/AoE, etc.

There are no best and worse classes, everyone is useful and effective.

#7 Metameta

Metameta

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:30 AM

I agree with the falcon.

You need to enjoy playing your class and understand that, even if X class is 'better' if you do not understand it than you are likely not helping.

#8 Rzial

Rzial

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:33 AM

Quote

What I have seen in my 15 hours of WvW is Thieves, and Elementalist being face stomped by crowds of Warriors, Guardians and Rangers at the same time.

I have seen an organised guild group (do not know the entire composition) but one of our guild members counted they had 6 elementalists and they were running around wiping out enemy groups in seconds.

also a good thief in wvw is slippery enough to get away from a fight they are not on the winning side of,

#9 FoxBat

FoxBat

    Vigil Crusader

  • Members
  • 3928 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:33 AM

View PostMetameta, on 15 September 2012 - 02:30 AM, said:

I agree with the falcon.

You need to enjoy playing your class and understand that, even if X class is 'better' if you do not understand it than you are likely not helping.

If you have any trouble understanding GW2's streamlined and incredibly similar classes after 80 levels, you might be mentally handicapped.

#10 Metameta

Metameta

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:35 AM

View PostFoxBat, on 15 September 2012 - 02:33 AM, said:

If you have any trouble understanding GW2's streamlined and incredibly similar classes after 80 levels, you might be mentally handicapped.

Honestly all MMO games are pretty easy to understand.

I would majorly disagree that any of the classes are similar though.

#11 ScottishGuy

ScottishGuy

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 140 posts
  • Location:Highlands Of Scotland
  • Guild Tag:[SOF]
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:40 AM

adapt and overcome.

#12 The_Kaizz

The_Kaizz

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 186 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[YUM]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:02 AM

There is no "best" class in this game, but I'd definitely say for the most well rounded class for doing the most types of tasks, it'd be Rangers, Warriors, Guardians, Eles, and Thieves.

#13 Ponzio

Ponzio

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 728 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:26 AM

View PostThe_Kaizz, on 15 September 2012 - 06:02 AM, said:

There is no "best" class in this game, but I'd definitely say for the most well rounded class for doing the most types of tasks, it'd be Rangers, Warriors, Guardians, Eles, and Thieves.

Most types of tasks? Engi above all, theirs nothing a engineer cant do.

Edited by Ponzio, 15 September 2012 - 06:27 AM.


#14 That Happy Cat

That Happy Cat

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 829 posts
  • Location:Australia
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:18 AM

Mesmers with their many sources of (AoE) reflection can absolutely wreck ranged-heavy zergs, which is pretty much all zergs.

#15 Ponzio

Ponzio

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 728 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:24 AM

View PostThat Happy Cat, on 15 September 2012 - 07:18 AM, said:

Mesmers with their many sources of (AoE) reflection can absolutely wreck ranged-heavy zergs, which is pretty much all zergs.

Yeah most people ignore more subtle classes that cant dish out OLOLOLOL AOE like guardians, mesmers or necros.

Edited by Ponzio, 15 September 2012 - 07:24 AM.


#16 Velron

Velron

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1596 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[DA]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:41 AM

That mesmer reflect bubble is *ed up too bc there's no distinction between an ally or enemy one until you throw a grenade and it flies back in your face. lol




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users