UssjTrunks

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2615 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BOMB]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

View PostKillyox, on 26 October 2012 - 07:54 AM, said:

As far as score goes my guildie got the highest i have seen up to date :)

http://imageshack.us/f/716/670n.jpg/

this is tournament game mind it.

Posted Image

Not me, got it from the official forums. :P

View PostMarkedOne7, on 04 November 2012 - 07:47 PM, said:

About a month ago there were people rank 50+. Can anyone explain it how is it possible? Am I missing something?
This is not a noob question, I myself am at the top of the chart 95% time with many 400-500 score achieved, but this is just what I don't get, Personaly I can't get over 10k a day because then I start to get so bored I do the dishes...

Some people have no life. :P

Simple as that. If you average 300 glory per match, it would take, at the earliest, 500 hours to hit rank 50 in two months. That means these people played the game 8-9 hours a day, every day. This is assuming perfect glory farming conditions. Even over a period of 3 months, it would still take 5-6 hours a day to hit that rank. No one with even the slightest semblance of a productive life (i.e. work/school) can average that playtime.

The highest rank I've personally seen so far is 39.

Edited by UssjTrunks, 06 November 2012 - 04:53 PM.

#122 Killyox

Killyox

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3117 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[InVi]
  • Server:Piken Square

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

there weren't people rank 50 a month ago. It was photoshopped. My friend is almost 52 and he plays non stop. You probably know C L I K. and he has 1200 hours played. He did not have 50 month ago. No chance anyone did.

We have others 40-49 in the guild too

Edited by Killyox, 06 November 2012 - 05:19 PM.

#123 chuckles79

chuckles79

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1685 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FANG]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

It should take a significant amount of time to achieve displayable ranks.  I played well over 80 hours during GW1 towards my gladiator title and never got above rank 2.
At least every win counts towards the title, where in GW1 you had to win 10 in a row before it counted (was changed to 5 later on)

#124 UssjTrunks

UssjTrunks

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2615 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

View PostKillyox, on 06 November 2012 - 05:17 PM, said:

there weren't people rank 50 a month ago. It was photoshopped. My friend is almost 52 and he plays non stop. You probably know C L I K. and he has 1200 hours played. He did not have 50 month ago. No chance anyone did.

You're right, I was thinking in my head that the game had been out for 3 months.

How on earth does your friend have 1200 hours played if the game has only been out for 1728 hours? That means he plays 17 hours a day. :eek:

Edited by UssjTrunks, 06 November 2012 - 05:52 PM.

#125 Killyox

Killyox

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3117 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[InVi]
  • Server:Piken Square

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

View PostUssjTrunks, on 06 November 2012 - 05:48 PM, said:

You're right, I was thinking in my head that the game had been out for 3 months.

How on earth does your friend have 1200 hours played if the game has only been out for 1728 hours? That means he plays 17 hours a day. :eek:

He does. :P

#126 Kyris

Kyris

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GG]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

View PostUssjTrunks, on 17 September 2012 - 12:27 PM, said:

That's 12 games per rank at rank 9-18. And nobody is averaging 350 points per PUG, I can guarantee you that. I still stand by my statement that 150 is a reasonable average amount of glory per PUG match. Alternatively I can bump it up to 200, but anyone saying they are averaging more is flat out lying. PUG teams are simply too inconsistent to average anything higher.
I average at about 250 points, but it isn't hard to get 400+. The glory that you personally gain is not linked to your team, except for the win bonus which is pretty minor

#127 UssjTrunks

UssjTrunks

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2615 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

View PostKyris, on 04 January 2013 - 12:03 PM, said:

I average at about 250 points, but it isn't hard to get 400+. The glory that you personally gain is not linked to your team, except for the win bonus which is pretty minor

Win bonus can be pretty significant. I get 30+ every now and then. The biggest problem arises when your team doesn't know how to zerg while the other team does (which means you'll constantly be running into zergs on your own). Good luck getting points in that case (it's in your best interests to leave and find a new server).

Getting 400+ is extremely difficult. You need to have 100% perfect glory farming conditions to score that high.

Edited by UssjTrunks, 04 January 2013 - 07:28 PM.

#128 Seras

Seras

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

View PostUssjTrunks, on 04 January 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

Win bonus can be pretty significant. I get 30+ every now and then. The biggest problem arises when your team doesn't know how to zerg while the other team does (which means you'll constantly be running into zergs on your own). Good luck getting points in that case (it's in your best interests to leave and find a new server).

Getting 400+ is extremely difficult. You need to have 100% perfect glory farming conditions to score that high.

nah, it's not hard man. that's why i've never seen anyone achieve 400+ glory in any game i've played, except me, in my entire time playing spvp. i'm rank 48 and have played 400-500 hours probably at an average of 300 glory/game, if not more.

i get, by far, the highest glory per game in about 95% of games (sometimes I'm on a shitty team that can't zerg properly). sometimes by margins of 100-150 glory. i also play quite a lot and am only rank 48. i can't even begin to imagine how long rank 50 is for the average player. i don't think they'll ever achieve it.

rank 40-50 to is 480k glory. rank 1 to 40 is around 300k glory. so 40-50 is more than 50% longer time than going from 1 to 40. rank 50 to 60 is probably around 850k so it's about as long as going from 1 to 50. crazy shit.

Edited by Seras, 04 January 2013 - 10:02 PM.

#129 Patar

Patar

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:11 AM

View PostUssjTrunks, on 15 September 2012 - 08:20 PM, said:

The vast majority of players will give up before they hit 80. I know I did when I realized how long it would take. I'm just playing for fun at this point.

And like you said, GW1 only gave you a title for reaching a high rank. Almost all the cosmetic gear in GW2 is tied to your rank. So although you don't need the high rank, it certainly is demoralizing knowing that you can't reach it.

The current rank system also doesn't reward PvP performance, but rather time-played. You could be an absolutely dominant player but someone who has played longer will still have access to cooler armour than you. They should have two ranking systems, one for performance, and one for time played, with both giving you access to the same gear.

don't quite think that's true. People with more time spent in pvp are higher rank and have cooler/more armors and weapons because they played more games, not just because they were there. If you're averaging like 250+ points per game, completing daily/monthly achievements, spending your limited time in tournaments, it's completely possible to have rank and rewards to rival someone whose spent 2-3x as much time in pvp as you if all they were doing was running some troll air ele spec in random lobbies.

The reason that's not common is because random spvp lobbies aren't where a lot of the fun is at... people who don't invest time into learning their class, finding a spec or two they really like, and working with other players in a real team setting aren't going to find pvp in GW2 as exciting as those who are super into it. The sheer interest factor is what makes the difference, someone who "doesn't get" pvp isn't going to be seeing much progress. Someone who truly understands what gw2 pvp is about is going to notice a lot of growth, and not just in their pvp locker or rank xp bar.

#130 Spearcrusher

Spearcrusher

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Guild Tag:[EXG]

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:24 AM

I think you are mistaking in the way you think because ranks really do nothing for you, i think you can get most of the skins at lower ranks too. So it is just for player who like to set a longtime goal but in pve especially in in dungeons you are expected to be lvl 80 in order to have all the traits etc. you get the drift. But if you are at a lower rank in pvp that doesnt really change anything for you AFAIK

#131 Tikal

Tikal

Vanguard Scout

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 258 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:50 PM

When I play my bunker in hotjoins, keeping mid point, I have a very high win ratio, but very low glory, like 40-100 per match.
When I play my conditionmancer, bleed tagging everybody, I have an average win ration, but high glory, like 200+

I just want to say, playing "pro" (going for the win) doesn't translate in high glory. Only tagging people, and capturing points (eventhough you do it with 5 man while other team has 2 points) gives high glory. To have high glory, you have to play bad .. and that's what worries me in this system.

Edited by Tikal, 23 May 2013 - 12:57 PM.

#132 A Darker Rapture

A Darker Rapture

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

View PostCharleey, on 15 September 2012 - 04:15 AM, said:

why grind for COSMETIC gear at all? just saying, i know you can hop in and out at leisure but its still just for something that looks different.
why?
If you have to ask-you'll never understand.

#133 Ninja Battle Lion

Ninja Battle Lion

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:52 PM

In regards to the OP, I don't think it's an issue. The harder titles are to obtain, the more impressive they are, simple fact. Making them more accessible just devalues them and will piss off the players who earned them the 'hard way'.

In regards to cosmetics... it's a major factor in every MMO ever played. I, for one, LIKE that the opposition has the exact same stat options as I have, because that means skill will be more of a deciding factor. If I down and stomp someone it's fair & square, they can't blame it on me having the Axe of Awesomeness and the reverse is just as true. Grit your teeth, take the lesson and don't whine about any perceived disadvantages.

In the end, pwning feels better while looking cool, whether it's through a bad-ass title, bad-ass looking gear, or both.

EDIT: in GW1, I used to make money off Alliance Battle rewards. Slow as ****, but at least it was something. It would be nice if there was a vendor to exchange excess skins for gold.

Edited by Ninja Battle Lion, 30 May 2013 - 05:54 PM.

#134 Stathis85

Stathis85

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:19 PM

View PostKillyox, on 06 November 2012 - 05:17 PM, said:

LOL u are idiot i was playing against r60 almost 2 months ago

#135 Lachanche

Lachanche

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:39 PM

lol guys i would say lrn2farm. clikk, the highest rank player playing an engin on the EU servers, was rank 63 last time i checked and that was like 3 months ago. He plays on seafarer rest, i don' t have a screen to back this up right now but i will stalk his teamspeak channel until i find him up to get a screen of his rank.

#136 Spirion

Spirion

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts
  • Profession:Necromancer

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:11 PM

View PostLachanche, on 09 June 2013 - 06:39 PM, said:

lol guys i would say lrn2farm. clikk, the highest rank player playing an engin on the EU servers, was rank 63 last time i checked and that was like 3 months ago. He plays on seafarer rest, i don' t have a screen to back this up right now but i will stalk his teamspeak channel until i find him up to get a screen of his rank.
I've seen that C L l K guy a lot in the past, I remember at some point in 2012 I was of a similar rank as him until I got bored lol. Anyway I can imagine he'd be like 70 now. Guy doesn't get out, but hey :P

#137 Lachanche

Lachanche

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:26 PM

No he is still rank 68 :P i just met him

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users