Thought I'd save the user and ANet some time by sharing what they sent me as a request for information. My initial request gave the reasons I was dissatisfied with the game and it was replied to about 5 days later with the following:
Could you please provide the following information so that we may locate the charge(s) and review your request?
- Your Guild Wars 2 purchase Order ID provided in the receipt of the purchase(s). (if available)
- The e-mail address you used when making the purchase. (if available)
- If the payment was attempted by credit/debit card, please provide the last 4 digits of the credit/debit card used ONLY.
- If the payment was attempted using PayPal®, the invoice ID or transaction ID from your PayPal® payment history for the transaction.
- Your billing zip code or postal code.
We look forward to your reply.
Initial post was made 9/8 and got an autoreplay the same day that stated soem random problem answers and a "If none of the above information answered your particular question, please reply to this email and let us know. "
I responded same day and on 9/12 I got the reply quoted above with purchase information requested.
On 9/14 I got an "approved" response and my money has been refunded.
So for clarity if you are considering requesting a refund... Make sure to first place all the info on your purchase (listed int he quoted section of this post) followed by your reasons for requesting a refund. That way you will likely get your refund sooner and save ANet an additional support ticket int he queue.
I would guess that the cutoff for asking for refunds is 30 days.
Final message I received was:
We have processed a refund for order number XXXXXXXX. A $59.99 credit has been applied to your card. This may not appear until your next billing statement.
All serial codes associated with the transaction(s) that have been refunded are now disabled.
Please let us know if you have any further questions.