Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
* * * * * 11 votes

The Recipe for Crafting Your Legendary [Including Screenshots]

weapons weapon legendary legendaries legendary weapons

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
109 replies to this topic

#91 Amschel

Amschel

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:14 AM

View PostLokheit, on 18 September 2012 - 11:33 PM, said:

People please, stop whinning before seeing them on gameplay. The quality of those items is very lacking on preview mode.

To put an example: Fiery Dragon Sword looks bad and very weird in preview mode without the flames and that shape, but asolutely awesome on gameplay.

All this weapons (or most of them) have awesome and detailed particle effects, and I'm nearly sure KraitKin serpents will move alive (and maybe the Torch and the Shark on the Maw of the Deep move too, but not sure about those ones).

Just wait to see them ingame and then judge, those preview images never do justive to weapons with particle effects.

I'm hesitant to see some Bolt footage to see how the lightning looks.

I honestly don't mind most of the weapons, but can you seriously look at the Quip and tell me that particle effects can actually make that look like an awesome weapon? unless the effects completely cover up the model i guess.

#92 Winston825

Winston825

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:09 AM

So I just put four random yellow weapons, three 80's and one 78 into the forge, and got The Chosen, an exotic shield that is a component for the legendary shield Flameseeker Prophecies. Not "The Chosen of Rage." Either they changed "Seeker of Rage" to "Chosen of Rage," which must be made using "The Chosen," or "The Chosen" is the same thing as "The Chosen of Rage," or something. IDK. I couldnt figure out how to take a screenshot without losing my cursor, but here is the best I could do. Any thoughts? Both on how to get a better screenshot that includes the mouseover stuff, as well as what this means for recipes? It's clear that random, non matching weapons can combine to make a legendary component at least.
Posted Image

Edited by Winston825, 19 September 2012 - 09:12 AM.


#93 batida

batida

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:28 AM

View PostZedabi, on 16 September 2012 - 12:13 PM, said:

You need the two crafting professions related and the recipies, bought from Miyani for 10g each.

I didn't quite get it yet- which are the two professions? Do I need to have the profession according to the weapon I want, such as artificer if I want a focus?

#94 Over0

Over0

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 23 posts
  • Location:Manchester, UK
  • Guild Tag:[IA]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:33 PM

Anyone else feel that Anet is just trolling us with a few of these images? I bet once someone actually crafts one, the skin will be totally different

#95 Zedabi

Zedabi

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:00 PM

View Postbatida, on 19 September 2012 - 10:28 AM, said:

I didn't quite get it yet- which are the two professions? Do I need to have the profession according to the weapon I want, such as artificer if I want a focus?

Yeah. Each weapon has different profession requirements.

So, the Focus (The Minstrel)  for example, uses the Gift of Music (which requires 400 Jeweling), the Gift of Energy (which requires 400 Artificing), 100 Icy Runestones and a Superior Sigil of Energy to create Gift of the Minstrel.

#96 YourBadKarma

YourBadKarma

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:47 PM

Kudzu is literally my favorite skin in the whole game, and its a weapon that is almost useless by all classes in PvP...


Quip looks like a bad joke, and the SB can't even compare to Kudzu, it's a gimmick skin. Gimmick skins should not be legendaries.

Edited by YourBadKarma, 19 September 2012 - 04:48 PM.


#97 realmisr

realmisr

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:55 PM

No one has a picture of how the incinerator looks?

#98 Danael

Danael

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 412 posts
  • Guild Tag:[AS]
  • Server:Elona Reach

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:10 PM

View Postrealmisr, on 19 September 2012 - 07:55 PM, said:

No one has a picture of how the incinerator looks?

There's one in the Guru Database. It looks awful. I still hope for a good screenshot or video showing the particle effects. However, nobody bothered to answer my earlier post about the same weapon so I don't have very high hopes.

#99 Lokheit

Lokheit

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 478 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:03 PM

View PostAmschel, on 19 September 2012 - 08:14 AM, said:

I honestly don't mind most of the weapons, but can you seriously look at the Quip and tell me that particle effects can actually make that look like an awesome weapon? unless the effects completely cover up the model i guess.

IMO The Quip looks perfect for a Mesmer. Probably the best weapon skin for a Mesmer. If you look closely there is a laughing evil face on the cannon hole (similar to the one on the handle), and it will probably have some "joker/harlequim" effect when shooting.

And depending on which "bio" you've made for your Thief (harlequim-esque Thief) or Engineer (Uzolan-esque Engineer, carnival related) it can be good too.

#100 Mournblade

Mournblade

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 209 posts
  • Location:Jumpn yr puzzlz
  • Guild Tag:[DAWN]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:06 AM

View PostOver0, on 19 September 2012 - 12:33 PM, said:

Anyone else feel that Anet is just trolling us with a few of these images? I bet once someone actually crafts one, the skin will be totally different

Please please please let this be the case...

#101 Amschel

Amschel

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:24 AM

View PostLokheit, on 19 September 2012 - 11:03 PM, said:


IMO The Quip looks perfect for a Mesmer. Probably the best weapon skin for a Mesmer. If you look closely there is a laughing evil face on the cannon hole (similar to the one on the handle), and it will probably have some "joker/harlequim" effect when shooting.

And depending on which "bio" you've made for your Thief (harlequim-esque Thief) or Engineer (Uzolan-esque Engineer, carnival related) it can be good too.

Unfortunately that doesn't make it much better. They basically made a weapon (Quip) with kind of an extreme look that will only fit a few peoples characters. Not very good for a legendary that people should really want to work towards getting. Same goes for the shortbow.

If they really wanted to have extreme looks for some of the weapons then they needed to make mutliple legendaries for each weapon type so they wouldn't alienate a bunch of people.

Edited by Amschel, 20 September 2012 - 01:26 AM.


#102 realmisr

realmisr

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:37 AM

View PostDanael, on 19 September 2012 - 08:10 PM, said:

There's one in the Guru Database. It looks awful. I still hope for a good screenshot or video showing the particle effects. However, nobody bothered to answer my earlier post about the same weapon so I don't have very high hopes.

You mean the 3d model rotation? It does look weird...Is it missing the actual blade? I reckon it's supposed to look like a fiery dragon sword?

#103 Danael

Danael

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 412 posts
  • Guild Tag:[AS]
  • Server:Elona Reach

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:08 AM

View Postrealmisr, on 20 September 2012 - 03:37 AM, said:

You mean the 3d model rotation? It does look weird...Is it missing the actual blade? I reckon it's supposed to look like a fiery dragon sword?

To be honest I think it's damn ugly. Doesn't even look like a dagger to me. However, as stated by a few people already,  legendarys look quite different ingame. So let's hope it looks better live.

Has anybody made a video with the effects about the legendarys? Would be good to know...

#104 RandolfRa

RandolfRa

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 380 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[Song]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:48 AM

Funny how rangers are complaining how the shortbow looks retarted. Now, if there is anything that looks retarted in the game, then it's a ranger shooting 10 arrows / sec and drawing the arrows from thin air. Just sayin'. The bow design is pretty nice. Too bad mesmers can't use bows.

Edited by RandolfRa, 23 September 2012 - 12:50 AM.


#105 batida

batida

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:52 AM

View PostZedabi, on 19 September 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:

Yeah. Each weapon has different profession requirements.

So, the Focus (The Minstrel)  for example, uses the Gift of Music (which requires 400 Jeweling), the Gift of Energy (which requires 400 Artificing), 100 Icy Runestones and a Superior Sigil of Energy to create Gift of the Minstrel.

Didn't see it- are the gifts soul bound or account bound? Do I need to have for example Jeweling and Artificing on my main who I want to create the legendary? Or can I craft one gift with another character and give it to my main?

#106 Dragonzz6

Dragonzz6

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 63 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:56 AM

View Postbatida, on 23 September 2012 - 12:52 AM, said:

Didn't see it- are the gifts soul bound or account bound? Do I need to have for example Jeweling and Artificing on my main who I want to create the legendary? Or can I craft one gift with another character and give it to my main?
account bound, you can craft on one character and put in bank for another.

#107 selkraps

selkraps

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:52 PM

Are the materials easier to get/cheaper for one-handed weapons compared to two-handed weapons? Or is it all around the same?

#108 Alexandriea

Alexandriea

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 449 posts
  • Location:United Kingdom / Malaysia
  • Server:Gate of Madness

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:54 PM

View Postselkraps, on 23 September 2012 - 08:52 PM, said:

Are the materials easier to get/cheaper for one-handed weapons compared to two-handed weapons? Or is it all around the same?

The same.

Roughly 35% done on my Incinerator but I'm sure someone else will finish it before me. If not, I shall contribute pictures :)

#109 Jellimelon

Jellimelon

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 1 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DDA]
  • Server:Darkhaven

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

Does the Legendary only come in the stats of Power/Toughness/ and Vitality?
If they do can i transfuse them?

#110 Khalija

Khalija

    Leaf on the Wind

  • Administrators
  • Curse Premium
  • 4154 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:32 PM

Closing this post as the OP is not being updated. For updates and questions on legendaries, please see this thread: http://www.guildwars...-weapons-guide/

Feel free to PM me if you have a question regarding moderation, want to leave some feedback, or just want to chat!






Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: weapons, weapon, legendary, legendaries, legendary weapons

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users