• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Schocker

Schocker

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:42 PM

is crafting mandatory for getting the top tier armor/wepons i.e. legendary weps?

i sell mats when i get them and this usually brings me a lot of money.
should i keep the mats and lvl crafting or should i continue selling them.

#2 Gladium

Gladium

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DDH]
  • Server:Eredon Terrace

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:46 PM

For legendary weapons you do need crafting, but you also need a ton of gold, about 2 million karma, total map completion, 500 WvW badges, dungeon tokens, etc.   If your goal is a legendary crafting isn't going to be the hard part, and if you want to put it off it wouldn't hurt you.

For exotics, you generally lose money in turning mats into crafted items and crafted exotics aren't soulbound so you might as well just buy what you want off the TP.

Crafting is a convenience and gives experience, but definitely isn't necessary for most people if you don't enjoy it.

#3 Sheepski

Sheepski

Seraph Guardian

• Moderators
  • 1240 posts
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:52 PM

I think that the crafted gifts for legendaries are trade-able also, so technically you shouldn't need to have the craft... just buy the gift.. or get a friend to craft with ur mats etc.

Question, feedback or issue? Pm me!

#4 Morvidus

Morvidus

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:46 PM

Crafting is just a means to an end, like dungeons or DEs.  You can craft the same quality gear that you can get from karma vendors or dungeon drops.

#5 fratroisk

fratroisk

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GnG]

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:36 PM

View PostSheepski, on 16 September 2012 - 02:52 PM, said:

I think that the crafted gifts for legendaries are trade-able also, so technically you shouldn't need to have the craft... just buy the gift.. or get a friend to craft with ur mats etc.

they're account bound afaik

#6 Sheepski

Sheepski

Seraph Guardian

• Moderators
  • 1240 posts
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:38 PM

View Postfratroisk, on 16 September 2012 - 08:36 PM, said:

they're account bound afaik

great...

at least alts can craft them or w/e

Question, feedback or issue? Pm me!

#7 aedn

aedn

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:07 PM

unless you want legendary weapons, no crafting is not required, and in fact its more of a time and money sink then anything. Your much better off just gathering all materials and banking them, or selling them as you see fit.

Right now tier 6 ore and wood are going for twice the vendor price of selling a level 80 green item in most cases. couple that with costs of tier 5 & 6 fine crafting mats, and the other items, and you can make quite a bit of money in a couple hours in a level 80 zone. Frankly being a hunter/gatherer always pays more in mmo's in almost every case, with the exception being of crafters who aquire rare recipes. however GW rare recipes are all based around the mystic forge, so every crafter can make the same things every other crafter can make, based only on the skill level, and all the really good recipes are produced via the mystic forge.

The one point of caution is that you might want to consider stockpiling enough materials to craft later, because mudflation will always impact crafting as the game ages, and things rise and fall in value based on desire. People who stockpiled a large quanity of butter at 1-2 copper each are laughing themselves silly right now, based on its 1100% rise in price.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: crafting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users