#1 Sheepski

Sheepski

Seraph Guardian

• Moderators
  • 1240 posts
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:56 AM

Hey guys,

Sorry if this has been discussed somewhere else, did do a search but couldn't see anything specific. Also this could be in Q+A if more applicable than TA mods.

I'm simply wondering about the meta events in zones, specifically the 3 dragons, and starter zone events.

Although I dislike the idea of them being on a timer, it seems that they are and they spawn every 3 (?) hours or so.

However is there anywhere that says exactly, or close to, what the cycle is in terms of time.

I'd like to add to my spreadsheet, and knowing that say the Shatterer will spawn at 12pm, 3pm, 6pm etc each day, or there abouts will help me with getting there really. I don't really like going to a zone and having no real idea when it's due :P

I really enjoy the fights and the content is a fun way for me to add to my long-term content ideas, plus a chance to get a nice gold wep for an alt is a nice "carrot" :D

But yeah any advice would be a help, thanks.

Question, feedback or issue? Pm me!

#2 Metatail

Metatail

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:04 AM

That's exactly what I was looking for recently.
As for 3 hour respawn - is it kicking in when the dragon spawns or when it is defeated? The latter would lead to some problem gathering data. Fire Elemental (?) in Metrica, Big Bad Wurm (?) in Caledon, Angry Swam Guy(?), Jormag and Shatterer have starting events, Tequatl doesn't. Also remember time-zones! :)
I wonder if all servers have these encounters at the same time.

Edited by Metatail, 16 September 2012 - 10:21 AM.

#3 Sheepski

Sheepski

Seraph Guardian

• Moderators
  • 1240 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:24 AM

Yeah exactly, it might be a case of finding the data ourselves for specific server times etc.

I am trying to keep a note of when things spawn, preferably when the pre-events start etc, but I'll prob need a bigger spreadsheet to encorporate pre events and boss starting/ending times, and actually sit in an area for a day to map it all out properly.

#4 Metatail

Metatail

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:17 PM

Claw of Jormag just went to meet Grenth on Gandara as of 17:10 UTC+1. Spawned like 15 minutes before it died.

Edited by Metatail, 16 September 2012 - 03:18 PM.

#5 Sheepski

Sheepski

Seraph Guardian

• Moderators
  • 1240 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:49 PM

View PostMetatail, on 16 September 2012 - 03:17 PM, said:

Claw of Jormag just went to meet Grenth on Gandara as of 17:10 UTC+1. Spawned like 15 minutes before it died.

Hmm my timer estimate said the event should have started (pre events) at 16:30 ish and so finished about 17:00. Guess it could have taken a bit longer then.

So next event around 20:00 CEST then possibly

#6 Metatail

Metatail

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:38 PM

New intel! 19:17 UTC+1 first Jormag (pre-)event started. The actual battle started at 19:23 and ended at 19:37.

#7 Sheepski

Sheepski

Seraph Guardian

• Moderators
  • 1240 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:54 PM

sigh so the "3 hour" rule isn't true then, at least not all the time.

#8 MFGrady

MFGrady

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 273 posts
  • Server:Maguuma

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:58 PM

People will eventually figure out how to force the world bosses, but right now I think there is alot less observing and too much brute force: people who want to nail it need to both actively force the event criteria or just wait around and let it happen.

The dynamic world that is present in GW2 will prevent that, simply because it will be tough to get everyone in the area around the meta event to co-operate. I personally like to think the process is a bit more sophisticated for each event, but I think the perceived 3 hour timer comes from the fact that meta events are required to trigger them, and you can't time those to a tee.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users