• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hazelnutspread

hazelnutspread

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:28 AM

Hey everyone, so I have a 48 guardian, and when I first made one I was enticed by the blue flames and thought it was awesome, as I leveled and learned more about the class it became apparent that Its not really viable to go for lots of damage and use tons of fire, that guardians need to use alot of support skills and are helpful to the group. So with still using a GS but being more supportive to the troups you barely get to use any of the fire stuff and your damage isn't very high, but you have alot of survivabilty

I'm thinking of rerolling to a warrior because I want to do more damage as well as in pvp I want to be a more offensive class because guardians in pvp are mostly for holding points, and staying alive against multiple foes until your team comes

As a warrior in pve can you take alot of enemies at once? I like how with a GS as guardian i can pull the surrounding enemies close to me and take alot at once

how is the survivabily for doing alot of damage? I know that warriors health pools are alot higher than guardians

and what weapons do you use? I would like to use a GS and maybe a rifle or longbow?

Thank you for any help you can give me!

#2 ProfGast

ProfGast

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:03 AM

It's a different experience.  I can't speak too much for guardian since I haven't levelled one past 10 yet, but my first impressions from unlocking all their weapon skills is that Guardian has a much "smoother" levelling than the warrior does.  The thing to note about warriors is they have only a very few LARGE area damage skills and focus more on small groups (3-4) with weapon skills.  Also 2/3rds of their utilities are in fact buff abilities (self or area) and none of their utility skills have much of a damage ouput.

Warriors are also a little more squishy feeling than guardians since fewer of their abilities are heals, or blocks and they do not have access (normally) to the Protection or Aegis boons.  This means most of your damage mitigation as a warrior will be active rather than passive.

They are quite capable of large amounts of damage however.  Axe and GS will be your primary damage output weapons with an honorable mention to swords.  You just have to be more careful because they don't have the auxiliary healing or damage mitigation.  You can lay out a lot of hurt but you're liiable to take more damage too.  That said, the only thing i've seen drop HP faster than a frenzied warrior was a thief backstab burst or a perfectly landed Ele combo.

#3 hazelnutspread

hazelnutspread

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:07 AM

Thanks for the reply! This was pretty much what I was expecting, do you ever run GS/axes at the same time?

#4 ProfGast

ProfGast

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:59 AM

View Posthazelnutspread, on 18 September 2012 - 04:07 AM, said:

Thanks for the reply! This was pretty much what I was expecting, do you ever run GS/axes at the same time?
Although pretty much anything can go in pve, I personally wouldn't run that setup.  Neither weapon really covers the others' weakspots since they're both all-out damage weapons. You might use them for GS 100b and then finish with an axe eviscerate but I don't quite see it.

For weapon swaps I'd go for either Offensive/Defensive setup, or a Melee/Ranged.  I feel that Warrior ranged has as significant power advantage over Guardian ranged, but lacks the ability to do a 1-handed ranged weapon that guardians have.

#5 Nuke

Nuke

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:13 AM

For a secondary weapon use a range one. It's your choice if you wish to have a GREAT AoE skills with a long bow or if you prefer to make more dmg to a single oponent (rifle). Know that there are warriors who use long bow as their primary weapon (but for example I believe that both 2xaxe and GS guilds are better with rifle as on their own they have really powerful AoE attacks).
At the beggining you may try GS signet build, many people say that it's for people who does not think, for me it's rather for people who does not like to micro or just are not good at it. Basically I would suggest this build for you to check and to learn more about how to play a warrior (to see some slight differences between him and a guardian) and they you just HAVE to try GS with more supportive build (decide between shouts or banners) and try axe build as well. There are MANY effective builds for a warrior with probably every weapon setup. (Mace+shield + defensive traits can create a great supportive "tank" warrior). I would only think twice before choosing elite skills. I regret like 60 skill points that I've gave there. 2 skills that you really should have from them is signet for soloing and banner for team play. Then probably if you have some nice racial skill you can go with it.
And have fun, I've already had like 200h of it with my warrior. Great class, where at last 2h weapons (warhammer as well - Hulk SMASH!) are really great and warrior can do A LOT going solo.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: guardian, warrior, comparison, dps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users