• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 dbgtboy

dbgtboy

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:23 PM

Seriously, do you guys actually believe this shit? You are all being played like idiots, i HIGHLY doubt that anet changed anything and this guy is just trying to get the prices up to insane levels so he can unload them quickly before you all realize he was lying (why the hell else would he spend 600G on legendary precursors?). Don't any of you guys think? All it takes is one day for him to turn his 600g to 1200g, it is insanely easy money for him and you are all falling for it... I like how his proof is a quote (not even a picture), it is pretty funny how you guys are actually falling for this.

Edit: Also I highly doubt ANet would make this a world drop only, it would be a terrible design decision. Why would it be terrible you ask? Because having random players lucking into making 1000g is completely unmotivating for people trying to make gold. I as a player would probably quit the game if some random made 1000g from pure dumb luck while I had to grind for 300+ hours to make that.

Edited by dbgtboy, 19 September 2012 - 03:27 PM.

#2 Grayle

Grayle

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:28 PM

Do you really think he needs to do anything to turn that 600G investment into 1200G? Buy em all up, put em at whatever price he wants, BAM, people'll still buy them.

#3 dbgtboy

dbgtboy

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:30 PM

View PostGrayle, on 19 September 2012 - 03:28 PM, said:

Do you really think he needs to do anything to turn that 600G investment into 1200G? Buy em all up, put em at whatever price he wants, BAM, people'll still buy them.

No they won't, the legendary precursors are hovering at around 80g, yes he will be able to turn that 600g to 1200g in a month or 2 after some inflation, but this way he can do it over a single day. Do you really think someone trying to help the community would monopilze the market right before he "helps" us?

Edited by dbgtboy, 19 September 2012 - 03:31 PM.

#4 ReReminiscence

ReReminiscence

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TGC]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:45 PM

Here is what I don't get he reports it to anet but anet wont take action when he has clearly benefited from w/e this will be considered? I mean this is just as blatant as krip and his chilipopper exploit. IDk if it isnt an exploit the fact that this is more or likely isnt intended means his account should have action taken upon him despite his " good intentions" It's hard enough to make money in this game with a global economy with how many items of one type are on the market ori ore is dying in price due to massive amount of people hitting 80 OR abusing server transfers and abusing the transfers should result in action being taken upon you. Now switching servers for bugged SP I have no problem with switching serves to farm ALL of them for ori ore is a problem

#5 dbgtboy

dbgtboy

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:47 PM

Also something I should mention, on the VERY slim chance he is telling the truth, the quote he posted does not mention HOW anet even fixed it, my guess would be the fix was that combining level 80 with level 65 will not result in an 80 weapon exotic, since ANet has already known about them coming out of the mystic forge for a while, they most likely just changed it so that you need level 80 rares (or 76+) to have a chance at the precursors. I still don't buy his story one bit though.

#6 ReReminiscence

ReReminiscence

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

View Postdbgtboy, on 19 September 2012 - 03:47 PM, said:

Also something I should mention, on the VERY slim chance he is telling the truth, the quote he posted does not mention HOW anet even fixed it, my guess would be the fix was that combining level 80 with level 65 will not result in an 80 weapon exotic, since ANet has already known about them coming out of the mystic forge for a while, they most likely just changed it so that you need level 80 rares (or 76+) to have a chance at the precursors. I still don't buy his story one bit though.

The added aggravation in the tone of his words doesn't help me buy his story as well the whole No more info from Guru community kinda strikes me as insulting. we are concerned played and a community at this new information and are trying to make sense of it and he is like screw you guys I'm going home.

#7 MattVid

MattVid

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:22 PM

Or, maybe he just made a bunch of the Grawl Lvl 65 God Greatswords to try to get people to buy them all up for 25s (when it costs like 8s to make). I am not really buying his post or anything about it, and don't care. I am more up in arms about the lottery/luck system for the legendaries than anything else. How is winning the lottery showing "mastery of the game" exactly?

There should be another way ... and there possibly could be, and we just haven't figured it out yet :P

#8 Fatalis

Fatalis

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2708 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TL]

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

I saw the thread which got deleted, and in his inventory was indeed a bunch of Dusks, and 750 gold.

#9 Tenicord

Tenicord

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1334 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:25 PM

i don't know what you guys are talking about.

#10 dbgtboy

dbgtboy

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:26 PM

View PostFatalis, on 19 September 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

I saw the thread which got deleted, and in his inventory was indeed a bunch of Dusks, and 750 gold.

Exactly why I don't believe him, he is raising the price of dusk so he can unload them all at a very high profit. Even check the TP right now, dusk is going for 100g when I saw them at 65ish g 2 days ago. Looks like his plan is working.His plan is basically genius I gotta admit, firstly the price of Dusk is going to shoot up, and more importantly the cost of the greatswords will shoot down so he will also be able to craft up even more of them at even lower costs. Such easy money for him while you guys are confused, he is going to double his money from this over night.

Edited by dbgtboy, 19 September 2012 - 04:28 PM.

#11 ReReminiscence

ReReminiscence

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:31 PM

View Postdbgtboy, on 19 September 2012 - 04:26 PM, said:

Exactly why I don't believe him, he is raising the price of dusk so he can unload them all at a very high profit. Even check the TP right now, dusk is going for 100g when I saw them at 65ish g 2 days ago. Looks like his plan is working.His plan is basically genius I gotta admit, firstly the price of Dusk is going to shoot up, and more importantly the cost of the greatswords will shoot down so he will also be able to craft up even more of them at even lower costs. Such easy money for him while you guys are confused, he is going to double his money from this over night.

and become hated by the community and hopefully he was exploiting and gets banned if not w/e anet has let exploiters go before

and not to mention even if he is rich you can only buy so much before you have nothing left and he just ruins the game for himself

Edited by ReReminiscence, 19 September 2012 - 04:31 PM.

#12 Fudo

Fudo

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DUNK]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

I don't know where this thread you are speaking of is at, but I can confirm nothing has changed for getting legendary precursor items.

#13 dbgtboy

dbgtboy

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:58 PM

I can also confirm it, I posted it in the other thread but some guy just got a Dawn out of the forge using 4 level 80 rares in Lions Arch overflow server.

#14 Clarial

Clarial

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NYC]

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:07 PM

View PostFudo, on 19 September 2012 - 04:39 PM, said:

I don't know where this thread you are speaking of is at, but I can confirm nothing has changed for getting legendary precursor items.

View Postdbgtboy, on 19 September 2012 - 04:58 PM, said:

I can also confirm it, I posted it in the other thread but some guy just got a Dawn out of the forge using 4 level 80 rares in Lions Arch overflow server.

<3

#15 Grayle

Grayle

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:20 PM

View Postdbgtboy, on 19 September 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

No they won't, the legendary precursors are hovering at around 80g, yes he will be able to turn that 600g to 1200g in a month or 2 after some inflation, but this way he can do it over a single day. Do you really think someone trying to help the community would monopilze the market right before he "helps" us?

There's no need for idiotic forum mind-games on a tiny sub-forum on an already tiny community site compared to the whole of the GW2 playerbase to achieve that. He just needs the gold. Prices keep going up, slowly, no matter what anyone does. Without a decent recipe, supply will remain RNG and therefore unpredictable while demand will grow more and more. He can now expedite that increase in price by buying the lowbies and relisting a ton of them at high prices, that's all it takes. It's not like the Ore market where tens of thousands of items get added every hour, there's only half a dozen up max at any point in time.

People will buy them, no matter what the price, because it'll keep going up anyway. The longer people wait, the more they're gonna have to pay. Unless, of course, someone 'breaks the code' and finds the actual recipe *and* shares it, which can happen anywhere between tomorrow and never. People will see Dusk all of a sudden costing 100G+, they'll sigh and shell out. For all they know, next week it might be 150G. If he puts a buy order or two up himself at just under his sell price, done, set. New price locked in. The market will take care of the rest. No forum BS required. Just a ton of gold.

#16 Anlyon Spellrage

Anlyon Spellrage

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1322 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:51 AM

Some dude got fake gold on a game where gold doesnt really matter that much.

Soon as he steps into sPvP or WvW ill punch his legendary face in? ....with....uh.... my uh...... staff...

#17 Fudo

Fudo

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DUNK]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:17 PM

View PostAnlyon Spellrage, on 20 September 2012 - 01:51 AM, said:

Some dude got fake gold on a game where gold doesnt really matter that much.

Soon as he steps into sPvP or WvW ill punch his legendary face in? ....with....uh.... my uh...... staff...

I agree gold doesn't matter much unless you are going for a legendary. And that's only because legendaries require 120g plus money for all the mats if you don't want to farm all (not that you don't want to farm at all, but that you don't want to farm all of it) that ore/T6 drops/lodestones.

Still if you can afford 7 dusks, I don't think you need more gold, but some people are driven to obtain it. :huh:

EDIT:

On a side note, I don't get why some precursors are like 10-20g and some are 50-90g >_<

Edited by Fudo, 20 September 2012 - 05:18 PM.

#18 Yabuki

Yabuki

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:49 PM

View Postdbgtboy, on 19 September 2012 - 04:58 PM, said:

In the thread he mentioned this never changed, the 'issue' he reported to to arenaNet and the community was that it was possible to use Lv65 rares in conjunction with Lv80 rares (2 & 2) to spit out Lv80 exotics.

This drastically reduces the overhead and ensures a profit every time you use the forge. This formula also had the byproduct of occasionally spitting out a legendary precursor which makes this process EXTREMELY profitable.

#19 Imani

Imani

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:05 PM

https://forum-en.gui...irst#post177452

#20 chinmi

chinmi

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TeTe]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:05 AM

View PostYabuki, on 20 September 2012 - 05:49 PM, said:

In the thread he mentioned this never changed, the 'issue' he reported to to arenaNet and the community was that it was possible to use Lv65 rares in conjunction with Lv80 rares (2 & 2) to spit out Lv80 exotics.

This drastically reduces the overhead and ensures a profit every time you use the forge. This formula also had the byproduct of occasionally spitting out a legendary precursor which makes this process EXTREMELY profitable.

and everything that "extremely profitable" is considered as an exploit ??
looks like anet doesn't want people to have "too much gold", they prefer people to "buy gem and convert it to gold"...

can't wait if people find "cheap x + cheap y + cheap z + cheap w" and put it on the mytic forge and found out the result is an "extremely profitable" items.... will then  it be considered as an exploit too ??

#21 pratt1085

pratt1085

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:18 PM

I got the hunter yesterday from 2 x 76 focuses, 1 x 78 trident and a forge stone, so its entirely possible to still get precursors from forge.

#22 Yabuki

Yabuki

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:13 PM

View Postchinmi, on 21 September 2012 - 03:05 AM, said:

and everything that "extremely profitable" is considered as an exploit ??
looks like anet doesn't want people to have "too much gold", they prefer people to "buy gem and convert it to gold"...

can't wait if people find "cheap x + cheap y + cheap z + cheap w" and put it on the mytic forge and found out the result is an "extremely profitable" items.... will then  it be considered as an exploit too ??

I call it an issue because it seems to be more of a bug than an exploit. From dev comments being able to use Lv65  rares didn't seems to be intended. I don't think the people who used this method exploited, they just were on the lucky side of a very slanted lottery.

#23 ReReminiscence

ReReminiscence

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:27 PM

View Postpratt1085, on 21 September 2012 - 12:18 PM, said:

I got the hunter yesterday from 2 x 76 focuses, 1 x 78 trident and a forge stone, so its entirely possible to still get precursors from forge.

I want my bloody hunters rage >.<

#24 ZudetGambeous

ZudetGambeous

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:35 PM

Well if he can manage that then good for him... I have a grand total of 2g left after buying my exotic lvl 80 gear. I have no idea where you people get so much money.

Also the legendary precursors are unlikely to remain the rarest and most sought after skins. Most people will never see legendaries just because of the mystic clovers. There are some very hard to get exotic skins that I suspect will become popular once people start seeing them (mystic forge 250 ecto, 100 coin skins).

I know those rare skins are my new goal, at least until they make a more reliable way to get the clovers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users