#1 Superlol

Superlol

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Guild Tag:[CIR]
  • Server:Gunnar’s Hold

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:54 PM

Any suggestions how to do it? I have it on lvl 400...
I know people that made so much money with it.. I really wanna know how ^^

#2 Relish

Relish

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:09 PM

Craft berserker's pearl carver, then sell them for 4g. Don't buy mats, since it'll be a net loss of gold

#3 ilr

ilr

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2707 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:40 PM

^Anything that's a Net-Loss vs. Mats, means you'd actually make MORE MONEY by selling just the MATS^
Duhhhhrr....

View PostSuperlol, on 19 September 2012 - 04:54 PM, said:

Any suggestions how to do it?
Yeah

Read the Anet blog:
https://www.guildwar...m_source=client

Scroll down to the Bottom graph and realize which discipline has the greatest amount of comeptition
Then switch to one that doesn't, and start looking for ways to make money at it.

Edited by ilr, 20 September 2012 - 05:11 PM.

#4 MattVid

MattVid

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:45 PM

View PostRelish, on 19 September 2012 - 05:09 PM, said:

Craft berserker's pearl carver, then sell them for 4g. Don't buy mats, since it'll be a net loss of gold
That simply doesn't make sense. Don't buy mats because it will be a loss? Then why would you craft it at all? The fact is, you can sell the mats for more than the items, so what is the point of wasting your time? I see people posting exotics up for like 3.5g ... and if you do out the math, the mats are selling for like over 4g. Then you have the 15% fee from the broker, you are losing tons of money.

The best way I have seen to make money is to just farm mats and sell it all on the AH. Just messing around last night I found tons of cloth, wood, ore and rare crafting materials that sold for a lot of gold. The profits from crafting do not seem to be there what so ever currently. It is sad when the entire market revolves around the legendary weapons, and nothing else really :P

#5 Ottosteve

Ottosteve

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

People don't craft to make money, people craft to gain experience. Thus raw materials are far more valuable than finished goods as raw materials are in high demand.

When people talk about the GW2 "economy" it kind of makes me laugh....it real ecomonies how many people make a product that they can sell for less than the raw materials?

#6 sachieldvangel

sachieldvangel

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SLAP]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:55 AM

Make hilts, blades and hafts and sell them for the mystic weapon components.

#7 Brizna

Brizna

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:10 AM

I think people have to realize that geting to 400 in any given discipline is not a huge feat and that actually thousands upon thousands of people have exactly that. This means the offer of crafting services surpasses by far the demand making the ability to craft worth nothing, only the mats used in crafting have a value since the offer of those is very limited compared to the huge ammount of people still trying to gear up AND currently train up crafts.

#8 Proseidon1

Proseidon1

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:16 AM

With the way Guild Wars 2 is currently set up, especially at release, crafting is a money sink. Maybe later on, but for now, if you want to make money, sell mats to all the thousands of crafters leveling up.

Signed, someone who spent 10g leveling up crafting professions (and having to vendor all the results because there are 5000 on the market for vendor price)

#9 Elr3d

Elr3d

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:41 AM

View Postsachieldvangel, on 20 September 2012 - 02:55 AM, said:

Make hilts, blades and hafts and sell them for the mystic weapon components.

^ Totally this

Mystic Weapons are the cheapeast and easiest exotics to get in the game, for each you need 5x each crafting componant (hilt + blade for example).
Orichalcum componants for the sword sold for ~30s when I bought mine. Given the fact orichalcum ore sells for 3s atm (and will tend to get cheaper as more and more player get to the zones that spawn it), you can probably net some profit selling weapon parts. I'm not 400 weap yet so someone who actually is will confirm this

#10 Linfang

Linfang

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2362 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GSCH]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:39 AM

How about making money while leveling crafting. Is there anything you can craft and sell to help cover your expenses as you level?

#11 sachieldvangel

sachieldvangel

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SLAP]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:02 PM

View PostElr3d, on 20 September 2012 - 08:41 AM, said:

^ Totally this

Mystic Weapons are the cheapeast and easiest exotics to get in the game, for each you need 5x each crafting componant (hilt + blade for example).
Orichalcum componants for the sword sold for ~30s when I bought mine. Given the fact orichalcum ore sells for 3s atm (and will tend to get cheaper as more and more player get to the zones that spawn it), you can probably net some profit selling weapon parts. I'm not 400 weap yet so someone who actually is will confirm this

When I checked yesterday, there was one axe blade.  There's profit to be made.

Edited by sachieldvangel, 20 September 2012 - 01:03 PM.

#12 ilr

ilr

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2707 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:18 PM

View PostOttosteve, on 19 September 2012 - 06:01 PM, said:

When people talk about the GW2 "economy" it kind of makes me laugh....it real ecomonies how many people make a product that they can sell for less than the raw materials?
That's b/c in the real world,  Craftsmanship requires talent and attention to detail.
In GW2, you type in the quantity you need and then press a button.   There is no skill-index.

...My hope is that they'll one day add (in one of their expansions) a type of skill based minigame + scavenger-hunt that produces much higher quality item recipes in the 1-79 range that are customized to the individual player ... and aren't just shitty blues and mostly unwanted Green Masterworks,  or if they ARE just more greens... they'll be produced more cheaply through use of things like glut-commoditities and soulbound trophies instead of Fine Mats and will result to much more flexible "required level" ranges.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users