NavyNoob

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LS]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:29 PM

Hello folks,

Please allow me to start off by saying thank you to all of the people who take the time to participate in this forum. This place has an overall friendly atmosphere and is generally a positive place. There is another unofficial forum (guildwars2forum) that is also great.

The reason this comes up is because tonight was my first time sitting down to look at the official Guild Wars 2 forums. And having spent about an hour on there the vibe is definitely more on the negative side overall. It really is no surprise given that it is the official site and thus is probably the first stop on the blame train for anyone searching for a place to leave their complaints.

This is not to say there are not useful posters over there but the quality does not compare to this here site. Interestingly enough the decision by ArenaNet to leave the official forums down for as long as they probably helped to create this well spoken and helpful community. Keep up the good work!!

#2 ilr

ilr

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2706 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

Thanks for the positive post.

Though technically... Anet WAS using these forums long before they ever announced that they'd have official ones.
...just a bit of history to give ya some perspective ;)

#3 NavyNoob

NavyNoob

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LS]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:52 AM

View Postilr, on 19 September 2012 - 05:31 PM, said:

Thanks for the positive post.

Though technically... Anet WAS using these forums long before they ever announced that they'd have official ones.
...just a bit of history to give ya some perspective ;)

I was unaware of that though it would make sense given how busy this forum is.

#4 Mozili

Mozili

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BCN]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:55 AM

Indeed Navynoob. This forum is quite positive and constructive. I am glad such forum exists since it's quite rare to find a civilized community especially in forums.

#5 Alexandriea

Alexandriea

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 449 posts
  • Server:Gate of Madness

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:14 AM

View PostMozili, on 20 September 2012 - 12:55 AM, said:

Indeed Navynoob. This forum is quite positive and constructive. I am glad such forum exists since it's quite rare to find a civilized community especially in forums.

That's because the administrative staff have good policy. In the GWG forums, they came down on offenders with an iron fist.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: community

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users