• Curse Sites
Help
* * * - - 3 votes

[build] Confusion Bomber (tpvp, condition/shatter)

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31 Kyris

Kyris

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GG]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:09 PM

did they change something? i was playing wvw yesterday and noticed i had 2600 condition damage after shaterring D:

#32 osicat

osicat

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

Might stacks, I run my normal Shatter cat spec and I stil have 2,3k confusion ticks, its extremly strong with shatter builds now after latest patch. With a fast setup and shatter 1st nr3 3 clones then nr 2 with 3 clones and blink mirror dodge mindwrack you will have 20+ stacks of might when bladeflurry land and for the confusion dmg ticks.

20 stacks of might = 700 extra condition dmg.

/Osicat

#33 grimmson

grimmson

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

yep, enjoy the party as long as it lasts! :P

#34 grimmson

grimmson

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:48 AM

the last few days I am roaming with an d/d ele.
awesome time. we both hardly go down, do damage and a lot of cc. it is quite the composition to roam wvw. we have take mini zergs up to 11 enemies and killed them. stomped them.
everytime he goes "KNOCKBACK"! I go "CONFUSIONSHATTER" and then everthing is almost down. FUN

Edited by grimmson, 12 March 2013 - 03:31 PM.

#35 F O S T E R

F O S T E R

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Guild Tag:[IM]
  • Server:Seafarer’s Rest

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

View Postosicat, on 16 December 2012 - 01:11 PM, said:

Might stacks, I run my normal Shatter cat spec and I stil have 2,3k confusion ticks, its extremly strong with shatter builds now after latest patch. With a fast setup and shatter 1st nr3 3 clones then nr 2 with 3 clones and blink mirror dodge mindwrack you will have 20+ stacks of might when bladeflurry land and for the confusion dmg ticks.

20 stacks of might = 700 extra condition dmg.

/Osicat

After last patch http://t.co/GYnFrFRh, Shattered Strength grants again only 1 stack of might per illusion.

#36 grimmson

grimmson

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

yep but it was op so the patch is good.
the 0.25 sec is becoming quite the mesmer figure though :\

#37 TakumiUsui

TakumiUsui

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

Can you post some Videos in WvW with 1on1 and group fights please? And if you do, please don't use music which will block it in lots and lots of countries. ^^
I really really hate Confusion Mesmers, they are so hard to kill...

#38 grimmson

grimmson

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

to be honest I would love to make a vid but
1: don't know a freeware recording tool
2: don't know how to edit a video
3: don't know if my rig could handle recording
4: no youtube account

:\

@your prob regarding watching videos denied by gema, you could use a proxy (netherlands for example). you can find a good proxy list here: http://www.hidemyass.com/proxy-list/

#39 AssimilateThis

AssimilateThis

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

http://intothemists....wG4;2KJG4KJG42V
What do you think of somethinv like that? Or is the torch too valuable to give up?

#40 Bender222

Bender222

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:24 AM

I've never done wow as a mesmer so I don't know. It seem kinda weird that you use a major trait pt for only 1 of your utility skills(Blink) is the extra range really worth it? Why?

#41 grimmson

grimmson

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

but blink is one if not THE best escape skill in game besides phase retreat. it really matters if it is ready every 3 sec or 24 sec. and there are no really good alternatives to choose.

#42 Bender222

Bender222

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

I am having trouble deciding between this and shatter cat.

#43 perche

perche

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

one question, its necessary all that crit with this build ? cond dont crit, i miss a bit more of vitality there is any jewel with cond/vit and toghtness¿

#44 vyce

vyce

Deathshroud

• Community Contributors
  • 100 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BT]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:14 AM

View Postperche, on 04 March 2013 - 04:14 PM, said:

one question, its necessary all that crit with this build ? cond dont crit, i miss a bit more of vitality there is any jewel with cond/vit and toghtness¿

Unfortunately the crit comes with the cond and toughness. Though If you go 15 into Dueling and get sharper images then crit becomes a little more worthwhile.

There's actually a new ascended amulet with Cond/tough/vit/prec. It's probably ideal for a pure confusion build. Another alternative is to get Carrion stuff (or chrysocola) after you feel you have enough toughness.

View PostBender222, on 06 February 2013 - 04:15 PM, said:

I am having trouble deciding between this and shatter cat.

"Shatter cat" is a much more active build. Pure confusion glamour builds are somewhat passive. After you open the fight with your Feedback, Null Field, and Veil, there's not much left to do other than run around collecting your bags.

#45 grimmson

grimmson

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

1. crit is important because a lot of your dps comes from bleeds/burns your clones inflict. with this build crits from clones inflict bleeds so more crits = a lot more dps. pure confusion builds (glamour) are only useful in a group imo, if you want to go solo or in really small groups (the intended role of this build) you need a base damage that comes from bleeds/burns and your confusion is just a burst.

2. this is not a glamour build. I dislike glamour builds because of the long cooldowns you mentioned. this build utilizes decoy, mirror image, blink, (pain inverter), wich are as active as it can get.

#46 vyce

vyce

Deathshroud

• Community Contributors
  • 100 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BT]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

View Postgrimmson, on 05 March 2013 - 01:54 PM, said:

1. crit is important because a lot of your dps comes from bleeds/burns your clones inflict. with this build crits from clones inflict bleeds so more crits = a lot more dps. pure confusion builds (glamour) are only useful in a group imo, if you want to go solo or in really small groups (the intended role of this build) you need a base damage that comes from bleeds/burns and your confusion is just a burst.

2. this is not a glamour build. I dislike glamour builds because of the long cooldowns you mentioned. this build utilizes decoy, mirror image, blink, (pain inverter), wich are as active as it can get.

Sorry if I got a little off-topic with the glamour build stuff... It's just what I've been working on lately and I think it's important to differentiate between a glamour condition build and a crit condition build. Not all condition builds are created equally for the mesmer. In fact, I just moved away from a variation of your build where I stacked burn duration to 100%. It was pretty nice, but I really sacrificed too much to pull it off.

#47 Elysen

Elysen

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 410 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

By no means am I an experienced player, but this isn't working for me in sPvP/tPvP. I can get the confusion stacks up, but it really seems to do nothing while leaving me pretty "glassy" as I don't have any clones up due to shattering them constantly. Not to mention no condition removal with 15k hp. Ouch.

Edited by Xephenon, 11 March 2013 - 03:19 PM.

#48 grimmson

grimmson

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

View PostXephenon, on 11 March 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

By no means am I an experienced player, but this isn't working for me in sPvP/tPvP. I can get the confusion stacks up, but it really seems to do nothing while leaving me pretty "glassy" as I don't have any clones up due to shattering them constantly. Not to mention no condition removal with 15k hp. Ouch.

constant shattering is not very good with this build. a lot of your dps is generated by your staff clones. you should only shatter if the enemy is going to use a lot of skills or if you are able to create 3 clones instantly after shattering.
shatter should be a well timed burst, not a constant confusion factory.

#49 eiland

eiland

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:56 AM

Hi all,
Been PVPing for a while mostly on P/D cond thief, and after owning everything, I decided it's time to really try on the mez.
So while being very noob to this class after reading this remak by OP : "shatter should be a well timed burst, not a constant confusion factory."
I do think I have a better 'version' to this build -
http://gw2skills.net...XuvkftWYsw j5HA

why going so deep into illusions if u r not gonna shatter much? u might gain a bit more burst for F1  but 25 in dulling seems to get this build much more confusion stacking. plus it lets me take  chaos 4 instead of 5, and as u said u want full uptime for clones so that 12%  damege decrease is way better then some random 3s cripple or 1 vulnerability stack.
Now i also can get 'blade training' which is good even with just MH sword, but I think OH sword with this >> torch (much more clones means more confusion and 9s block+daze instead of 30s stealth and little burning).
Oh 1 more thing, i'm so sure about the length of all the mesmer conditions but pretty sure +20% duration, from Lyssa and nightmare runes will give much more dmg then +100 cond dmg
thats it, tell me what u think

#50 grimmson

grimmson

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:08 PM

you are talking about tpvp?
perhaps I wrote it wrong. I'm shattering a lot with this build, using all shatters but generating clones after each shatter. 30 points into illusions is just too good.
I usually have ~10 might stacks during a fight helping a lot with damage thanks to 25 minor illusion trait. And do I have to repeat all the awesome stuff you can do with illusionary persona? best trait mesmers got imo! only rivaled by deceptive evasion ;)
on the other hand swords traits don't really help me at all. only using it to get extra time in tight situations, swapping back to staff after 10 sec.
next chaos V: i'm using this over IV because this build is tanky enough imo. I prefer more damage and the 3 stacks of bleeding that comes from chaos V helps. But I have to say I'm often fighting like a melee warrior spamming clones like mad -> every clone replacing another one triggers chaos 5. it can be quite the bleeding source (weakness is good too) guess chaos IV is also nice, just a matter of playstyle.

lyssa vs undead: clone condition duration is fix so the 20% duration bonus is wasted. the other bonus are not very helpful either. on the other hand undead: toughness is nice, condition damage is suuper nice (and more like 160 extra condition damage versus nightmare/lyssa).

tl;dr: this build lives with deceptive evasion, chaotic dampening and illusionary persona. other traits are a matter of playstyle.
and: runes of undead > lyssa ;)

#51 perche

perche

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

i want to try this build  focused in bleeds , 3 runes of krait + 3 afflicted  + food, and 3 clones adding bleeds thanks to sharper images , lot of bleed at range  and all the power of the confusion .

http://gw2skills.net...POfk sWYswmg5HA

#52 grimmson

grimmson

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:51 AM

keep in mind that your condition duration bonus does not support your clones. their bleed duration is fixed and the bleeds you are improving with this set of runes come from staff autoattack, and perhaps chaos 5.

#53 perche

perche

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

i back to the old undead runes, but after of watch  the video of osif, i have curiosity to try pistol over torch.

#54 Kymeric

Kymeric

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1924 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

Why a sigil of corruption on both Staff and Scepter?  Especially since you are largely staying in Staff, so most likely getting the bulk of your kills there.  The stacks stay when you switch weapons, so would there be something better to put on the scepter?

#55 grimmson

grimmson

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:44 PM

View PostKymeric, on 16 April 2013 - 11:18 AM, said:

Why a sigil of corruption on both Staff and Scepter?

it's the lazy and cheap way to get 25 stacks in wvw. I killed a lot with 2nd weapon set so it was quite nice.
best option is to get 25 stacks with a random weapon after that equip your real weapons.

also -condition duration food is quite importand in wvw because everybody and his mother is running condition + confusion.

have moved on from this build because every 2nd mesmer is confusion heavy nowadays in wvw (albeit 90%glamour leechers), running a really funny hybrid sw/torch-sc/pi^^

#56 Kymeric

Kymeric

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1924 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:26 PM

Okay, gotcha.

Thanks for the reply.

#57 Kymeric

Kymeric

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1924 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:26 PM

View Postgrimmson, on 17 April 2013 - 10:44 PM, said:

n.
have moved on from this build because every 2nd mesmer is confusion heavy nowadays in wvw (albeit 90%glamour leechers),

Impending confusion nerf should fix that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users