12 replies to this topic

#1 Gaaroth

Gaaroth

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:40 AM

Hi folks!
I was playing around build calculator and started to look at daze/stun capacities of the thief (headshot, tactical strike, pistolwhip, traited steal)

So i looked to Rune of Mesmer (6/6 = +33% daze) + Sigil of Paralyzation (+15% stun each) since i heard daze and stun are counted as same effect.

My question is:
-is that true (daze=Stun for duration effects)?
-anyone tried to put all those things togheter? Logically SoP should not stack (as other sigils with same effect) but second give the effect on "the former one" (ain't 0.15+0.15=0.30 but 0.15 + 0.15 on the first one)
-do you find a build around backstabbing+tactical strike (so S/D and maybe D/P as second set) any valuable?

I'll definetly give it a shot but it's cool to hear suggestions from others :)

#2 Rythmn

Rythmn

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TxG]
  • Server:Gate of Madness

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:51 AM

If you're leaning towards being able to have someone stunlocked the whole time, that would be pretty cool.

I dont know myself, but I'm interested :D

#3 crowsnest bomber

crowsnest bomber

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:45 AM

theres another thread on here which talks about stunlock.. but to put it simply, you abuse the c&d into sneak sword attack.. dazes them for around 3 seconds if you have the above mentioned runes/sigils and you can prob do it 3 or 4 times if you have inititive generating abilities... thats 9-12 seconds of daze...
very interested to hear if this works

#4 Fouinot

Fouinot

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:50 PM

I've tried it myself.
It works, if you can always land the sneak sword attack in the back/side which can sometimes be a bit tricky.
This build is a pain to play against for sure but the damage done is really inexistant. You are more tanky but killing someone just takes forever :/

#5 Gaaroth

Gaaroth

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:38 AM

Well Tactical strike (maybe traited with 100% crit chance from stealth) and CnD should hit nicely.
Obviously ain't a burst spec but if u combo with a busty m8 u should be able to put him 100>0 without him able to make a thing.
I'm gonna try this out this evening tell ya :)

#6 becksi

becksi

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 9 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FU]
  • Server:Kodash

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:46 AM

I tried it yday. you can not put him 100% in daze, he can do one attack in between....but well if you dodge well you won't get any damage.

Edited by becksi, 21 September 2012 - 09:50 AM.

#7 Gaaroth

Gaaroth

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:47 AM

Sweet to hear :3

#8 Gaaroth

Gaaroth

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:42 PM

so i've tried this out and works.
But speaking a s mainly roamer, the only things is that i'm feeling wasting time since i can put down my foes faster with other systems.
Still if you are looking for a bunker build with evasion and decent damage this can SkillStunLock like crazy :3

Yo!

#9 Flailers

Flailers

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:34 AM

I'm usign S-D / SB with rune of the Mesmer and 0/30/15/25/0 in WvW a lot, basically infiltraitor Strike to them into C&D, backstab and when they see the 2,6s daze they usually just start running. From than it's just dancing dagger and autoattacks with follow up dazes every 3 sec. Have enough initiative with the gain on stealthing and get some burst by having the haste on crit trait and one sigil of rage on the weapon. Rather tanky with full Berserker Jewels but Knight / Invader weapons and armor.

#10 funkybudda

funkybudda

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

View PostFlailers, on 29 September 2012 - 10:34 AM, said:

I'm usign S-D / SB with rune of the Mesmer and 0/30/15/25/0 in WvW a lot, basically infiltraitor Strike to them into C&D, backstab and when they see the 2,6s daze they usually just start running. From than it's just dancing dagger and autoattacks with follow up dazes every 3 sec. Have enough initiative with the gain on stealthing and get some burst by having the haste on crit trait and one sigil of rage on the weapon. Rather tanky with full Berserker Jewels but Knight / Invader weapons and armor.

can anyone confirm the rune of Mesmer still works since the Nov 15 patch?

#11 realmisr

realmisr

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

It works, I just personally don't think the difference is significant enough to use when there are other runes/sigils which provide better overall performance.

You get MAYBE .25-.5s more on the daze...is it worth it? You decide. If we could only daze every 30secs then even .5 secs count, but we can daze every 3 secs...so it really isn't worth it to me.

#12 crowsnest bomber

crowsnest bomber

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:33 AM

View Postrealmisr, on 05 December 2012 - 05:38 PM, said:

It works, I just personally don't think the difference is significant enough to use when there are other runes/sigils which provide better overall performance.

You get MAYBE .25-.5s more on the daze...is it worth it? You decide. If we could only daze every 30secs then even .5 secs count, but we can daze every 3 secs...so it really isn't worth it to me.
Totally agree.. Rune of mesmer does work, makes the daze about 2secs.. To me, I'd rather use divinity or scholar runes for their benefits rather than add 0.5s daze.. Not saying it's a bad idea but for me it's just not worth it..

And for those interested,  sd certainly packs a punch,  don't worry about that.. Just need enough precision and power.

#13 Goga Demagoga

Goga Demagoga

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:15 PM

View Postcrowsnest bomber, on 06 December 2012 - 01:33 AM, said:

Totally agree.. Rune of mesmer does work, makes the daze about 2secs..

Tests proved taht the Daze of TS in PvP is 2 secs with or without the use of Rune of the Mesmer or Sigil of Paralyzation. For more info:

http://www.guildwars...30#entry2106895

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users