• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Arenanet Support doesn't answer. What now?

support arenanet

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 zich

zich

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:21 PM

Hello everyone,

I'd like to ask your opinion on something:

For about two weeks now I haven't been able to access my GW2 account getting error 122. I've read that this is related to the key not coming from an authorized reseller, but I can exclude this as cause of the problem.

I opened up a support ticket and was asked for my cd key. After I supplied the GW2-Support with the key, they didn't answer for about a week. I tried posting on the GW2-Forum, but my account there was blocked too (for about 3-4 Days now, before that I could log in, but I never posted). Now I am asking you all: What would you advise me to do now? ArenaNet is not answering and I'm blocked from their forums. They don't have a support hotline or any other way of contacting them.

Thanks in advance
zich

#2 Lordkrall

Lordkrall

Legion Commander

• Members
  • 5337 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:22 PM

Which retailer did you buy it from?

#3 zich

zich

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:57 PM

View PostLordkrall, on 20 September 2012 - 12:22 PM, said:

Which retailer did you buy it from?

I bought from gamerush.de. Some friends of mine also bought their keys there and they can play without any problems. I have also bought multiple games from them in the past and everything worked just fine so far. This is why I can't understand why I am getting this error.

#4 Lordkrall

Lordkrall

Legion Commander

• Members
  • 5337 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:02 PM

Ah.
Have you contacted them about this? Seems like they might have, by mistake most likely, sold you a non-working code.

#5 zich

zich

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:28 PM

View PostLordkrall, on 20 September 2012 - 01:02 PM, said:

Ah.
Have you contacted them about this? Seems like they might have, by mistake most likely, sold you a non-working code.

Thank you. I contacted them but just very recently. What I find odd is the GW2-Support not answering me at all. Is this normal?

#6 Lordkrall

Lordkrall

Legion Commander

• Members
  • 5337 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:29 PM

View Postzich, on 20 September 2012 - 01:28 PM, said:

Thank you. I contacted them but just very recently. What I find odd is the GW2-Support not answering me at all. Is this normal?

Aye, it is probably due to the high amount of tickets at the moment. Try updating your ticket and it might get you back up the list if they have missed it.

#7 zich

zich

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:41 PM

View PostLordkrall, on 20 September 2012 - 01:29 PM, said:

Aye, it is probably due to the high amount of tickets at the moment. Try updating your ticket and it might get you back up the list if they have missed it.
I did so. It took them only a few hours to ask for my product key, but after I provided said key, they didn't answer me for more than a week.

This seems kind of suspicious to me. I wanted to ask about this on the official forums, but I was blocked there too, which makes it even more suspicious. Does anyone else have this kind of issue?

Btw: Thank you for your help!

#8 Sheepski

Sheepski

Seraph Guardian

• Moderators
  • 1240 posts
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:50 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles.

I think that updating your ticket, however, will have the opposite effect that you'd want. I read a while ago on their twitter that updating them actually puts you back at the bottom of the pile. Obviously your first update should have been fine as they were asking for your info. If it does go on much longer though, then update and see if it gives them a poke.

Even in gw1 their support was slow :/

Question, feedback or issue? Pm me!

#9 Chey

Chey

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SnM]
  • Server:Gunnar’s Hold

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:57 PM

what i read on Twitter was they do not want people making new tickets cos that only slows them down further cos it increases the load

they did encourage folks to update already existing tickets if they were still having problems

with regards to the issue of non approved vendors, i did see them say once that initially the customer should contact the vendor regarding the faulty code, try seeing what they say then update your ticket to reflect their responses so Anet at least know that you have exhausted that avenue

#10 BlueTooth

BlueTooth

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:09 PM

View Postzich, on 20 September 2012 - 12:21 PM, said:

Hello everyone,

I'd like to ask your opinion on something:

For about two weeks now I haven't been able to access my GW2 account getting error 122. I've read that this is related to the key not coming from an authorized reseller, but I can exclude this as cause of the problem.

I opened up a support ticket and was asked for my cd key. After I supplied the GW2-Support with the key, they didn't answer for about a week. I tried posting on the GW2-Forum, but my account there was blocked too (for about 3-4 Days now, before that I could log in, but I never posted). Now I am asking you all: What would you advise me to do now? ArenaNet is not answering and I'm blocked from their forums. They don't have a support hotline or any other way of contacting them.

Thanks in advance
zich
If your support ticket has not had a response in 5 days, please post on the official forums, in this specific thread here: https://forum-en.gui...er-merged/first

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: support, arenanet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users