• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Cheriberri

Cheriberri

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:41 PM

Yeah so I thought of somewhat of a more defensive greatsword build as most of the people focus too much on hundred blades and dedicating your whole utility set of abilities just to be able to land it is silly. Furthermore those other GS builds lack survivibilty so I made up this build and I feel it works really well: http://gw2skills.net...HbMudkxsGZMy0DA

I feel that Tactics tree synergizes really well with GS stacking might along with Signet of Rage and For Great Justice which also heal you and your party members. It also gives your cripple effects (Bladetrail, Throw Axe) ability to immobilze for 1 second - 2 seconds for bladetrail if it manages to hit your target twice. This gives you a nice little window to slip in Hundred Blades as it can dish out pretty decent damage even if it doesnt finish its whole duration. Immobilize also makes it easier to land Eviscerate with your axe.

Rest of the traits are pretty self explanatory however you may choose Missile Deflection in Defense tree to reflect ranged haste nukes back to your opponent over 200 toughness when crippled, immobilized etc. You can also swap your strength trait for damage increase depending on adrenaline - I went for the more tanky traits though.

I chose to run 4 earth and 2 air runes because I like the protection proc (33% damage reduction - which is a LOT) for 10 seconds and swiftness duration increase. Now you may be thinking 10 seconds isnt worth it but thanks to your boon duration increase from Tactics itll last 30% longer and another 20% from set bonus. As for air runes i just like to have nearly 100% swiftness uptime from Signet of Rage.

I run Berserker's Amulet with Valkyrie's jewel increasing tougness and healing a bit.

#2 Lunacy Polish

Lunacy Polish

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:32 PM

I can't offer a better critique than I like it on paper, it seems like it should offer some considerable damage but throw out some support and other features too.  It's well thought out and combos the weapons, traits and utilities together.

It's a thinking man's Greatsword build.  Thanks for putting this up, I hadn't thought very much about what all the GS could actually do.

#3 Morpe

Morpe

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Guild Tag:[oGt]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:09 PM

Sorry it wont work.

#4 Nick5130

Nick5130

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TS]

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:13 PM

View PostMorpe, on 20 September 2012 - 07:09 PM, said:

Sorry it wont work.

Well that was really constructive and helpful

Back on topic, your build is interesting, might have to test it, and have you ever looked at something more like this? http://www.gw2build....pport-5149.html

Fredzw from Super Squad made it and it works pretty well. Good damage, constant fury from FGJ and SoR, 2 condition removals, shouts heal, lots of power, lots of toughness. Not as bursty as some but you can still land 100B a lot without having to build around it, and your sustained damage is amazing.

Like I said, I like your build on paper, just wanted to show you something else that seems to be along the lines of what you're going for.

Edited by Nick5130, 20 September 2012 - 07:22 PM.

#5 Cheriberri

Cheriberri

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:46 PM

View PostNick5130, on 20 September 2012 - 07:13 PM, said:

Well that was really constructive and helpful

Back on topic, your build is interesting, might have to test it, and have you ever looked at something more like this? http://www.gw2build....pport-5149.html

Fredzw from Super Squad made it and it works pretty well. Good damage, constant fury from FGJ and SoR, 2 condition removals, shouts heal, lots of power, lots of toughness. Not as bursty as some but you can still land 100B a lot without having to build around it, and your sustained damage is amazing.

Like I said, I like your build on paper, just wanted to show you something else that seems to be along the lines of what you're going for.

Well first time I see a build like that. But it sure seems decent and I may give it a try. I really like the idea of vigor and burst skills restoring endurance even though you dont really get to use your greatsword burst, I can see it work though.

Its really similiar to my build, you get constant fury along with almost constant swiftness. I was thinking of dropping strength tree completely to get signet reduction in discipline for full uptime on swiftness but since I have only 1 signet it seems like a waste. As for balanced stance I would consider getting it in some scenarios but in tPvP most guardians get consecration stability.

Overall I think its a great variation

Edited by Cheriberri, 20 September 2012 - 08:04 PM.

#6 Nick5130

Nick5130

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TS]

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:38 PM

View PostCheriberri, on 20 September 2012 - 07:46 PM, said:

Well first time I see a build like that. But it sure seems decent and I may give it a try. I really like the idea of vigor and burst skills restoring endurance even though you dont really get to use your greatsword burst, I can see it work though.

Its really similiar to my build, you get constant fury along with almost constant swiftness. I was thinking of dropping strength tree completely to get signet reduction in discipline for full uptime on swiftness but since I have only 1 signet it seems like a waste. As for balanced stance I would consider getting it in some scenarios but in tPvP most guardians get consecration stability.

Overall I think its a great variation
Yeah the Balanced Stance is by no means mandatory. I love it and recommend it, but it can easily be switched out depending on your team comp, enemy team comp etc.

#7 Vice187

Vice187

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:15 PM

try mace shield,

use crit 50% on stun from arms

use soldiers

destroy ppl

also signet of rage

100% crit on stun....

#8 Cheriberri

Cheriberri

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:20 PM

View PostVice187, on 20 September 2012 - 09:15 PM, said:

try mace shield,

use crit 50% on stun from arms

use soldiers

destroy ppl

also signet of rage

100% crit on stun....

Ive tried all possible combinations. Im not saying this is the best build but in my opinion a more viable one than the regular 100b nuke.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: greatsword, warrior, pvp, build

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users