1. Communication and chat.
This is the most important part about WvW. If your server cannot communicate then your success rate will diminish. Let people know what is happening around you. On most servers /team is focused mainly on tactics and information on the borderland that you're on and /map is for general chat.
- Are you and 4 friends attacking an objective? Let everyone know about this, be specific too, where are you attacking and how many are you, do you need help, where are you going next.
- Is one of your objectives being attacked by an enemy? Same here, where, how many and what's the status. (Gate/wall %)
- Is your guild claiming a tower, keep or castle? Are you upgrading a castle? (See more about upgrades below)
No matter how many you are, even if you are alone, you can always contribute and help your team.
- If you're alone, go help working on relationships with the neutral mob factions in the borderlands. Not many people are aware of these and what they can do, but they can help change the battle for your team or the enemies. All neutral mobs, when allied, will contribute in one way or another. Some will send out forces to defend your supply camps and some will even attack and take over supply camps or towers.
- Small man groups, 3-10, your biggest advantage is your speed and quick execution. Stay away from the big crowds and focus on supply camps. Supply camps are the most important part about taking and keeping objectives. Without supplies your, or the enemy team, will eventually run dry and not be able to defend their towers, keeps or castles.
- Cut off roads from and to big hubs where your enemies are headed to defend. Placing small groups of 5-10 players on vital choke points around the map will help your team or devastate your enemy.
The most important part about siege weapons is that you are aware of how they work and how much they cost to build.
- ALWAYS make sure that you have people around you with supplies to finish the build, otherwise it's a waste of a siege weapon. (info on how much supplies a siege weapon costs is on the tooltip of the weapon that you buy, it also shows the range!)
- Positioning is your next priority. Don't just build trebuchets or arrow carts anywhere. Remember, arrow carts have no line of sight requirements, so if you play smart you can hide them behind objects or inside of houses/ruins on the map!
- If you are building a siege weapon anywhere, make sure your team knows about it. Use /say or /team to make people aware of your plan.
- Always carry supplies on you wherever you go! When you take a supply camp, make sure you stock up on supplies before moving on to the next objective.
- If you see someone else building a siege weapon, help them out!
Leadership is good and will always help, but not necessary if your server can communicate.
- If you don't know where to go, always check the map FIRST! There will be swords indicating if anyone is attacking an objective. Silver swords means a smaller attack (5 or less) and bronze/orange swords means a bigger attack (5 or more).
- If you are still unsure, don't be afraid to ask for direction in /map or /team.
- Your main priority should always be your own borderlands. Each borderlands has an Orb that gives a bonus 5% health and 50 points in all stats to your realm. Make sure that your homelands is secured and defended first and foremost.
- Hitting the enemy in their own borderland can distract them and help your own team in the Eternal Battlegrounds.
- During a siege, if everything around you is cooling down you should always run to the nearest supply camp and restock on supplies, you never know when you might need it next!
- See yourself in the middle of nowhere surrounded by enemies? Remember, it's free to port back to your borderland keep and you can do it instantly out of combat!
- Always carry salvage kits and gathering tools, you never know when you're gonna run into that rich gold vein!
- Don't be afraid to team up with new players, it makes WvW even more fun and you get to know new players!
- Stay off the roads if you want to remain hidden. If you want to get to an objective on the map, you'll be safer following the edge of the map.
- Keep an eye on chat and the map. You never know when your team might need you exactly where you are at that time!
- If you die in a zone with the Outmanned buff, make sure you zone out of that map and back in again to regain it.
- Tower, keep and castle defenses will reward more exp, karma and money as the battles tend to last longer there.
- All objectives can be upgraded by ANYONE. You don't need to claim it to be able to contribute.
- Ressing people awards exp and contribution if you are close to an objective. As does repairing doors, gates and walls!
- Don't take supplies from Stonemist Castle! This is important because this castle will use a lot of supplies to upgrade and repair it's walls and gates. It's also very helpful to have a stock of supplies for when there's an attack! * linkstatic
- Don't waste time auto-attacking doors, bring siege weapons! * Talamare
Link to part 2: Click!
Link to part 3: Click!
Link to our stream: http://www.own3d.tv/CruelGaming
Edited by Relidar, 04 October 2012 - 07:20 PM.