• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mondeezy

Mondeezy

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:49 PM

As a thief in PvE trying to hit 80 relatively fast, I feel like I am doing something wrong. I've logged rougly 30 hours of playtime (about half in sPvP and WvW), yet I've only managed to hit Level 22.

I do all of the hearts (even though I feel like I'm running out, or they're all one level higher than me now), I do any dynamic events I see, I do some crafting, gather every node I can, yet I feel like I'm leveling like a slug. I even make sure I do dailies :S  Is there something I'm doing wrong here, or should I just expect this rate of progression?

#2 Micalovits

Micalovits

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:59 PM

if roughly half is sPvP/WvW, and you haven't had the best times xp wise in WvW, then those 30 hours are more like 20 for actuall xp. Wich means level 22 isn't that bad.
For what you are actually doing in PvE, i suggest you just wander around. It may sound crazy, but instead of going from heart to heart and just doing dynamic events along the way, just make you minimap as small as posible, dont open you map, and just go wereever you think looks cool. This might lead you to places with mobs alot higher levels than you, however killing something 2-3 levels higher isn't that hard if you understand your class. So if you do this, and only really go out of your way for vistas/dynamic events, and maybe crafting materiels you need for crafting, it should go faster, and feel faster. It may even be more fun!

#3 Master of Fez

Master of Fez

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:03 PM

You're forgetting that there are other zones for the other races. Just alternate race zones and complete them.

#4 yahikodrg

yahikodrg

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TOR]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:05 PM

sPvP gives no exp, and WvW exp scales to your level so if youre on a winning server and stick with your zerg that is some amazing exp

#5 Vysander

Vysander

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 333 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[UNS]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:36 PM

It basically what Micalovits said, but ill say it in a different way.

The quickest way to lvl is to not think about lvling. I play a human, and after doing the first two human areas, i went and did the first two norn areas, then back to human areas, then back to some norn areas.

It doesn't speed lvling, but trying to not worry about lvling makes it go faster. So far your time spent lvling is about right for your lvl. I think i remember the 20's being a tough time, because you have to go to another starter area. After you get like 35-40 lvl's start flying by.

#6 reanor

reanor

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

The way I did it - I complete map then move the next level tier, I first run around the map open all the waypoints then start porting to events that happen in the meantime do hearts and complete map to 100%.

Also crafting a big part of leveling. People who do PvE and craft will level much faster than those who just run around and do hearts and some occasional events. Each time you master a crafting tier you can get between 3-5 levels.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users