RivenVII

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • Guild Tag:[KnT]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

View PostAunshi, on 08 November 2012 - 03:02 PM, said:

You should try the runes of the earth, they are simply amazing.

I've considered them, in fact, I was looking at them yesterday, but Runes of the Pack just give me so many things that I really want in this build. Power, Precision, Swiftness Duration, and Boons that stack well with Signet of Rage. I'm pretty set that these runes are what I am going to be using in the near future. If I decided to run a tankier spec with a hammer, I may get some different armor, and put runes of the earth on there.

Additionally, it didn't seem to me that "Shake It Off" was really doing a whole lot for me, so I have switched to using Empowered in the Tactics tree, which is incredibly helpful to increasing damage output since you have 3+ buffs up the majority of the time in combat.

#62 scarn

scarn

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

This build is great. I have been having a lot of success with it and it is much more effective than a typical glass cannon build. I am having one major issue though. I seem to be getting locked down a lot in fights. Earlier today I had 1 person immobolize me for over 10 seconds (wasnt a ranger using his root snare thing). I had been running with shake it off, but when this happened I had balanced stance eqipped, and it just didnt do anything when i used it. is this ability broken or something? because its constantly failed at granting me stability. anyways, my question is what do you do about all the snares and roots these ranged players have? thats my biggest weakness right now. thanks!

#63 Don Zaloog

Don Zaloog

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:04 PM

View Postscarn, on 08 November 2012 - 09:35 PM, said:

This build is great. I have been having a lot of success with it and it is much more effective than a typical glass cannon build. I am having one major issue though. I seem to be getting locked down a lot in fights. Earlier today I had 1 person immobolize me for over 10 seconds (wasnt a ranger using his root snare thing). I had been running with shake it off, but when this happened I had balanced stance eqipped, and it just didnt do anything when i used it. is this ability broken or something? because its constantly failed at granting me stability. anyways, my question is what do you do about all the snares and roots these ranged players have? thats my biggest weakness right now. thanks!

Immobile Strikes is amazing for this, but you would have to invest 20 points into Discipline to get access to it.

#64 Limbolein

Limbolein

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:39 AM

Stability prevents disables (stun, fear, knockdown etc.), not cripples or immobilizes. You can trait for Restorative Strength to have your heal skill break these or as Don Zaloog said go for Mobile Strikes to have all your movement abilities (Skills like Eviscerate, Savage Leap, Shield Bash...) break immobilizes (but not crippled or chilled).

#65 RivenVII

RivenVII

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

Truthfully, immobilize is a problem. The restorative strength trait could be a good fix. Mending and Signet of Stamina work just fine for when I need it. Honestly, if those skills + Endure Pain are not enough to escape, it's likely you were dead anyway. Personally, I like to lead with Whirlwind Attack as a gap closer because even though it does incredible damage, it also evades, which could get you out of an immobilize hitting you.

#66 Don Zaloog

Don Zaloog

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

Have you ever tried checking your healing power stats from Rune of the Pack? It is a known bug for the 3 set bonus to grant healing power instead of power.

http://wiki.guildwar...une_of_the_Pack

#67 RivenVII

RivenVII

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

View PostDon Zaloog, on 12 November 2012 - 06:36 PM, said:

Have you ever tried checking your healing power stats from Rune of the Pack? It is a known bug for the 3 set bonus to grant healing power instead of power.

http://wiki.guildwar...une_of_the_Pack

It does have this bug still. Hopefully they fix it, but 50 power isn't game breaking, thankfully.

#68 RivenVII

RivenVII

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

Minor update: With the buff increasing Longbow #1 damage by 10%, the Longbow is now an even more legitimate choice. If it's -lower- damage was something that deterred you before, it should do that no longer.

To deal with the problem with immobilize, I have specced for Restorative Strength (Strength Trait #2). I replaced "Physical Training" because the 8 second cooldown reduction on Bull's Charge and the damage was fairly negligible for the possible benefits that Restorative Strength could give. This should stem any mobility problems without actually having to spec into Discipline for Mobile Strikes.

#69 GSSB Lunaspike

GSSB Lunaspike

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Guild Tag:[MBRN]
  • Server:Borlis Pass

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:55 AM

View PostRivenTheValorous, on 27 September 2012 - 09:39 AM, said:

I don't have mobile strikes because I don't spec into Discipline. Frankly, that is the only reason I would put points in that trait. A possible solution could be 20 Strength 20 Arms 10 Tactics 20 Discipline. I don't think that would hurt the build too much even though I really like how it is set up now. Choosing engages wisely is important and this build entirely depends on when you decide to go in. A beginner running this build could easily get stomped with poor decision making/mechanics. Also, this build is a lot more survivable than you may suspect, an immobilize is not the end of the world.

That is what I use on my warrior 20/20/10/20. Mobile strikes makes a huge difference in small engagements. While still giving me the range increase on my lb that I need. The 10% crit damage works out well for the build. I like your original, it's just that I feel more comfortable running with mobile strikes, and signet cd reduction.

I prefer mobile strikes to restorative strength because the low cd on movement skills with the great sword. It allows me to pretty much ignore any immobilize.

Edited by GSSB Lunaspike, 21 November 2012 - 12:58 AM.

#70 RivenVII

RivenVII

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

View PostGSSB Lunaspike, on 21 November 2012 - 12:55 AM, said:

That is what I use on my warrior 20/20/10/20. Mobile strikes makes a huge difference in small engagements. While still giving me the range increase on my lb that I need. The 10% crit damage works out well for the build. I like your original, it's just that I feel more comfortable running with mobile strikes, and signet cd reduction.

I prefer mobile strikes to restorative strength because the low cd on movement skills with the great sword. It allows me to pretty much ignore any immobilize.

Greatsword #3 is the single greatest skill ever designed, and it evades!

I keep the extra 10 in both Tactics and Strength because I use my movement skills so often to engage that I need my 2 dodge rolls + Mending + Signet of Stamina + Endure Pain to get the hell out of dodge. Personal preference, however. If you manage to keep your mobility skills up, putting 20 into Discipline is a great choice. For me, going 20 into Discipline would make me lose Empowered and Restorative Strength which I have become a big fan of, especially when Restorative Strength works towards the "well-rounded" philosophy of the build and responds to more CCs (chilled, crippled, weakness) than just immobilize.

Also, I have updated the original guide for formatting and to reflect the changes I have made as this build has matured. Hope you all like it and it is a bit easier to read!

Edited by RivenTheValorous, 21 November 2012 - 09:40 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: build, wvwvw, winning, warrior

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users