• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 birdie

birdie

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:00 PM

This is not a mesmer whine. Just sharing my experience :)

Today I ran into a mesmer. He had literally tons of clones, I kept tagging him but somehow he always appeared from a different direction and hit like a truck.
Usually I have a tiny chance against a good mesmer if he misses some moves but not this guy. No sirree. After dying a couple of times (13k damage from Spatial Surge) I started to think there has to be something to this. It was so unbelievable.

So I press B and there you go. 2 mesmers almost identical names and identical appearance. Those blokes were unkillable. With 8 same looking asuras running around and spamming spatial surge there was no way in hell to spot the right ones in time. In one second they did so much damage together that after I just ran away if I saw them.

So is this becoming the new trend now? Have you encountered such?

Im not sure where Im going with this post but I banged my head to the table, believing Im a totally horrible player and laughed so hard after realizing there were two of them :) Dont fall into the same trap :D

#2 Skyro

Skyro

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:24 AM

It is actually incredibly easy to spot the real mesmer.

-Clones spawn at full health, regardless of the health of the Mesmer that spawns them.
-Clones have very specific AI. They generally stand still and auto-attack, and also might run straight toward the target for shatters or if they are a meele clone. So seeing a mesmer dodge, use any type of skills other than auto-attack, etc. means that is the real mesmer.
-Once you spot the real mesmer, call target on them. They can only get rid of the call target arrow is by stealthing.
-Clones don't have off-hands if the Mesmer is using a MH/OH weapon set.
-There are probably other tells but this is just off the top of my head.

#3 Capricca

Capricca

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:30 AM

Hah, this thread made me laugh so hard for some reason. I haven't come across this yet but it would be funny as hell to see 2 mesmers with almost identical names/looks.
I hope this thread doesn't bring any people idea's.. :mellow:

#4 birdie

birdie

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:01 AM

View PostSkyro, on 24 September 2012 - 04:24 AM, said:

It is actually incredibly easy to spot the real mesmer.

-Clones spawn at full health, regardless of the health of the Mesmer that spawns them.
-Clones have very specific AI. They generally stand still and auto-attack, and also might run straight toward the target for shatters or if they are a meele clone. So seeing a mesmer dodge, use any type of skills other than auto-attack, etc. means that is the real mesmer.
-Once you spot the real mesmer, call target on them. They can only get rid of the call target arrow is by stealthing.
-Clones don't have off-hands if the Mesmer is using a MH/OH weapon set.
-There are probably other tells but this is just off the top of my head.

Yea.
I know all about fighting mesmers. I play one too.
But the point was I was fighting 2vs1 without even noticing.. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mesmer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users