#1 MrAmbiguous

MrAmbiguous

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TMoC]

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:06 AM

Hello everyone,

I'm beginning to have a crisis when it comes to my Guardian.  After 224 hours of playing my Guardian, much of it at level 80, I have done numerous dungeons but have finally begun to feel... underwhelming for the team.  We had run Citadel of Flame for the "ultimate weapon" path, the one involving the Legendary Searing Effigy as the final boss, and never before had I doubted my trait builds until now.

This build yielded decent results.  When necessary, I could switch Retributive Armor to Honorable Shield and Pure of Heart to Two-Handed Mastery -- this was whenever I would swap my full Knight's Set (with the runes posted in the link) to my full Cleric's Set (which has Dwayna x2, Water x2 and Monk x2).  They were very good at swapping between eachother and still maintaining good support and defense or support and offense.

The dungeon run itself just felt... difficult, so I decided to try another one.

I attempted a new build in hopes of feeling more useful; however, I only feel less durable due to the lack of healing aid and... well, needless to say I'm having the existential crisis I've been worried of having this whole time.

Now I simply worry... what do I do?  My goal in a dungeon is to be durable, supportive and overall help with the encounters I can.  I switch skills when necessary, swap out traits I've specc'd into in hopes of smoothing things out, yet after this run things just felt... horribly bad.  I know there are abilities people would sneer at, such as Altruistic Healing, but I most certainly found it to be more useful than others in the runs I have.  That being said... the feeling of being useful has certainly diminished greatly.

Tens of gold spent on crafting two completely new exotic sets, copious runs and more gold spent on acquiring the runes I needed for each (although I lucked out with Runes of the Ranger x5 being 9s a piece when I did), and now, after all this time, I'm in crisis mode.

Help me, my fellow Guardians.  You are my only hope.

#2 jpg1

jpg1

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[LOA]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:26 AM

This Guide seems to be very detailed, though I haven't tried it and have not played too much Dungeon. With the little experience I have I think I'm pretty good with a 0/0/30/10/30 build or some variation to that. And my gears aren't even close to decent. In terms of durability, I outlast most of my party when shit hits the fan. I just dish out a lot of boons. I think the guide I linked allows you dish out decent amount of healing too. (But again I haven't tried a 0/0/10/30/30 build before. The closest thing I've done with a 30 Honor build is something I won't bring into a dungeon.)

Something that looks like...your second build actually. (Sorry)

Apart from being useful, I think you're beginning to get bored with the class . (You really ran an offensive sort of build with your second build. I haven't read any builds that took radiance down a dungeon. Shoot me if I'm wrong.)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dungeon, guardian, traits, skills, setup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users