Master Eriko

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ULTD]

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

View PostJaxSilven, on 12 November 2012 - 12:54 PM, said:

Virtues IX

In most cases it's not worth sacrificing 10 points in the honor line to pick it up, as the conditions you can remove with it are highly likely to be reapplied very quickly. Also, with such high healing power, you're sacrificing a lot of potential healing by activating it. If you really need a panic button, Contemplation of Purity is a much better option. That also gives you something more valuable to spend your traits on in the Valor line.

#32 JaxSilven

JaxSilven

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Guild Tag:[nD]
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:35 PM

View PostMaster Eriko, on 12 November 2012 - 01:34 PM, said:

In most cases it's not worth sacrificing 10 points in the honor line to pick it up, as the conditions you can remove with it are highly likely to be reapplied very quickly. Also, with such high healing power, you're sacrificing a lot of potential healing by activating it. If you really need a panic button, Contemplation of Purity is a much better option. That also gives you something more valuable to spend your traits on in the Valor line.

Never really seen a generic case where you'd want to not have 20 Virtues.

#33 makaron

makaron

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

i got one more question... which build will be best to Wx3 ?? I play mostly with friends from guild max 15-20 ppl... all build look nice

#34 Master Eriko

Master Eriko

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

View Postmakaron, on 12 November 2012 - 03:45 PM, said:

i got one more question... which build will be best to Wx3 ?? I play mostly with friends from guild max 15-20 ppl... all build look nice

I personally run a meditations build with various different weapon sets depending on whether I'm doing smaller skirmish or larger scale action. However, I've found it to be kind of ineffective in larger scale fights, as quite frankly, you can't stay in the fray for very long without having to retract. I think the most effective build would be either a hammer/greatsword bruiser build (Judge's Intervention+Ring of Warding can be extremely effective against zergs) or a more support oriented build with consecrations.

#35 Zhalig

Zhalig

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FROG]
  • Server:Darkhaven

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:41 AM

increadibly well thought out, any chance you would do/have done a PVE guide?

#36 Master Eriko

Master Eriko

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

View PostZhalig, on 07 December 2012 - 04:41 AM, said:

increadibly well thought out, any chance you would do/have done a PVE guide?

I'm not really much into PvE, so I wouldn't be an optimal choice for that. I also believe there are curently quite a few PvE build guides on the forum?

#37 JaxSilven

JaxSilven

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:48 AM

Your builds are now 3+ months out of date 0o. Are you going to consider updating?

#38 Master Eriko

Master Eriko

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

View PostJaxSilven, on 05 March 2013 - 04:48 AM, said:

Your builds are now 3+ months out of date 0o. Are you going to consider updating?

Probably not. You have my permission to use any of what I've written if you want to create an up-to-date guide for the community.

#39 JaxSilven

JaxSilven

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:53 PM

View PostMaster Eriko, on 13 March 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

Probably not. You have my permission to use any of what I've written if you want to create an up-to-date guide for the community.

Overseas and can't play atm so was hoping somebody else could keep up with the meta so I could still know what's going on from here.

#40 Heretiko

Heretiko

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LS]
  • Server:Seafarer’s Rest

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:52 PM

hi guys, what do you think about a full(weapons, armor and trinkets) celestial guardian, in WvW? Is it good/viable?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users