8/29/2013 - Large update of build and mechanics
3/19/2013 - Added ascended items
3/11/2013 - Updated gear spreadsheet to reflect new setup.
3/9/2013 - Added BuildCraft link
3/7/2013 - Updated gear section, added in rotation/priorities, moved weapon/trait overview
3/6/2013 - Minor tweaks and clarification changes
3/5/2013 - Overall revamp of the guide and added in updated armor spreadsheet (still not final)
The build is built around Spite and Blood Magic. It is a hybrid between a glass cannon build and a vampiric... utilizing strong traits from both to allow for some survivability while also having high damage. It does require some skill to play since you are in melee range and need to learn to actively dodge attacks and use your /warhorn to its full effect.
- Fast, high damage attacks along with wells make for short duration fights
- Several healing abilities help with HP regen while in combat
- No concern over bleed caps and other condition-based classes minimizing your damage
- Durability and survivability
- High crit chance, crit damage, and power
- Melee range combat is not favorable to cloth-wearers
- Wells on cooldown cause your overall damage to decrease and fights will take longer
Trait Lines and Choices
Weapons - Dagger/Focus
There are several possibilities for variations in the build and it still being viable. As I test them and find if they work well enough, I will post them at the bottom of the guide.
STATS AND GEAR
This is where you can really mix things up. This build is very flexible depending on how you want to play it really and there are very few wrong ways (just don't pick up any condition gear and you're okay!). Mostly I would suggest Knight's if you want to beef up your defensive ability and play a stronger bunker style. Berserker's gear will also work for more damage, but you will be slightly squishier though not as bad as a glass cannon. Over time with the game, I have changed my views on being very strict on certain gear to more of a "do what you feel comfortable with" attitude... so go for what you think you can do!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
This build is all about direct damage, critical hits, and power-based attacks. No waiting to stack a certain number of bleeds or poisons... no praying your minions get the idea that they something should do. You are in control and can dish out all the damage as fast or slow as you want.
Your utility setup is flexible depending on the situation. There are two abilities that are somewhat core to the build - Well of Suffering and Blood is Power. Your third slot is where you can get creative and gives you some versatility in fights.
Basic Rotation and Priorities
- Your first goal is to drop wells. You need to start ticking damage and having Well of Suffering apply vulnerability to your target. Toss down Well of Corruption about halfway through WoS to stagger them some and have a longer duration of wells ticking on the target.
- Once your wells are down, prioritize your abilities based on the situation. Are you fighting a veteran or boss? Throw on Blood is Power to gain Might. In a nice aoe situation? Pop Death Shroud and Life Transfer to melt their health bars down. You have a nice array of abilities to use in various situations so just take in to account how long the fight will last and what you are fighting and go from there.
- Use warhorn to interrupt abilities like knockdowns which are highly aggravating.... I am looking at you Risen Farmers in Orr.
- Ranged mobs tend to try and run away to put distance between you.... use your lockdown ability on the dagger to root them and rush in for the kill.
- Don't be afraid to use Life Siphon on your dagger. It actually does a LOT of damage and you can gain some decent health back from it (though not nearly as much as your actual heal).
ADDITIONAL POWER/CONDITION AOE BUILD WITH NOTES BY KELEVRA_86
Edited by takarazuka, 29 August 2013 - 05:29 PM.